News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

Just bought a 2006 GS500F

Started by vxMoto, March 05, 2012, 08:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vxMoto

Hey Guys, just bought a GS500F two weeks ago and started riding it on Friday. I rode it 3 days straight, and it rides AMAZING. $2k for it, is a lot of fun, compared to my old Ninja 250R this bike is a lot more fun but still manageable for a Newbie like myself.

As I was riding the Bike I noticed a couple things that I wasn't too sure of about the GS500F. Stuff I should of noticed when I bought it but never did. I realized that the bike, does not have Helmet Hooks under the seat. I saw a youtube video stating it's supposed to have one, and I something you could wrap it around but not the actual hook. It might have been taken off. Do you guys know when I can get those hooks? Sometimes I don't mind leaving my Helmet on the Bike if I know I'll be close by.

I also noticed the idle seems to be in like, the middle of the bike. Like literally in the middle, in a point where it's hard to reach. I haven't hadd the need to change it yet though, my bike seems to stay at around 1800 rpms when warm so no need to play with it, and it turns on in the cold just fine but what do you guys use to change the idle? Do you guys find yourself changing the idle alot? And also is there a toolkit you recommend I get? Thanks a lot for any responses!

rayshon

The needle to change the idle is supposed (i think) to be somewhat hard to reach, thats normal.

I think 1,800 is a tad high for warm, as 1,200 is recommended but mine changes from 1,200 to 1,500 sometimes lol

walkthejosh

Hmm. I've got a 2004 and it's got the two helmet hooks on either side under the seat. They're pretty much built into the design, so I'd assume the 2006 should have them as well. 'Should' being the keyword.
2004 GS500F
Jardine RT1 Exhaust
K&N Lunchbox

adidasguy

All GS500's have a helmet hook under the seat on each side.
They can be removed - they're screwed on to the frame.
I have a pile of them if you want to put them back on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk