News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

-- GS500 picture game --

Started by jroymcd, November 20, 2008, 10:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mister

Did this to a bloke at work. Raised his rear Just off the ground, supported it like so so it's not so noticeable. He went to drive away and the rear wheels just spin.

Michael
GS Picture Game - Lists of Completed Challenges & Current Challenge http://tinyurl.com/GS500PictureGame and http://tinyurl.com/GS500PictureGameList2

GS500 Round Aust Relay http://tinyurl.com/GS500RoundAustRelay

Paulcet

I really thought I would find a car on blocks with no wheels here in rural Georgia...  I took a 30-mile ride through the countryside and found none! 

But I took a 30-mile ride through the countryside!  Clear skies, clean roads, windy and cold.  Totally worth it!   :woohoo: :D

'97 GS500E Custom by dgyver: GSXR rear shock | SV gauges | Yoshi exh. | K & N Lunchbox | Kat forks | Custom rearsets | And More!

steezin_and_wheezin

Rain's supposed to hold off tonight, and I'm waiting on the post man to bring my next batch of parts.

I'll give it a shot tonight! Can definitely get the one on blocks, but that still has wheels..

Edit: Well after an hour and a half ride i come up with nada! i figured i'd get one with no wheels sitting on the ground atleast. Hell i don't think i spotted one flat tire!! I saw some haggard POS's too haha

Could i pull a technicality? I can get a car with wheels on blocks.. the current challenge is "car on blocks" but he mentioned it being wheel-less early :dunno_white:
if yer binders ain't squeakin, you ain't tweakin!

jmill

Quote from: steezin_and_wheezin on April 23, 2012, 02:01:13 PM

Could i pull a technicality? I can get a car with wheels on blocks.. the current challenge is "car on blocks" but he mentioned it being wheel-less early :dunno_white:

Quote from: jmill on April 18, 2012, 10:49:33 AM

Next to a car with no wheels. As in on cinder blocks or something.

So actually the initial requirement was without wheels, with cinderblocks being the example/condition in which you usually see a car missing one or more wheels. But, seeing as no one has posted anything, and  the week is about to expire, I say go for it!

I didn't expect it to be hard to find, especially when we have people driving 30 miles through rural georgia. Glad you got a good ride out of it though Paulcet!
When in doubt, empty the magazine.

steezin_and_wheezin

Yeah i didn't think I would have a problem finding a car missing at least 1 wheel here in Southwestern VA..

I mounted my gopro to my full face helmet yesterday, i'll test it out and a car with wheels on blocks at least

steezin_and_wheezin

If ok, Next Challenge: Yer bike next to ANY river.

slipperymongoose

I think thats the best were gonna get as I dont have any bricks to put under my car and I dont wanna do that really.
Some say that he submitted a $20000 expense claim for some gravel

And that if he'd write a letter of condolance he would at least spell your name right.

craigs449

If Steezin's pic is good,.........

Next challenge: Your GS next to a fueling station pump that pumps alternative fuel (I.E. Hydrogen, electric, heating oil, kerosene, Liquid Petroleum Gas, Propane)............anything that the GS 500 could/would run on does not count (Also, diesel fuel does not count either).
2001 Suzuki GS 500 "Commute Killer"
2008 Husqvarna 510 SMR
2002 Honda CR 250 "Project Pain-in-the-ass"
2001 Honda XR 50

slipperymongoose

Wouldn't that be a bit dangerous?

And that if he'd write a letter of condolance he would at least spell your name right.

craigs449

Quote from: slipperymongoose on April 24, 2012, 08:43:22 PM
Wouldn't that be a bit dangerous?

.......Ummmmm....No, just take a pic of your bike next to the alternate fueling pump at a station......same as taking a pic of your bike next to a gas pump, just a different fuel........No pumping needs to be involved...

-Hope that clarifies things....
2008 Husqvarna 510 SMR
2001 Honda XR 50

mister

Clarifies. Now I wonder ANYWHERE in Aust that does this? Most likely Alternate Fuel that is not e85, gasoline/diesel/heating oil/kerosene is LPG. But LPG might be covered in your ETC. Otherwise I think besides that we cold Maybe park near a small runway and photo an avgas pump otherwise I think most peeps are SOOL on this.

Michael
GS Picture Game - Lists of Completed Challenges & Current Challenge http://tinyurl.com/GS500PictureGame and http://tinyurl.com/GS500PictureGameList2

GS500 Round Aust Relay http://tinyurl.com/GS500RoundAustRelay

craigs449

Quote from: mister on April 24, 2012, 08:59:40 PM
Clarifies. Now I wonder ANYWHERE in Aust that does this? Most likely Alternate Fuel that is not e85, gasoline/diesel/heating oil/kerosene is LPG. But LPG might be covered in your ETC. Otherwise I think besides that we cold Maybe park near a small runway and photo an avgas pump otherwise I think most peeps are SOOL on this.

Michael

I though the US was pulling up the rear on alternative energy!  I thought hybrids and electric vehicles were all the rage in other countries....In the interest of not causing a world GStwin war, I will reword the challenge to make it more accessible to the rest of the world...Check original challenge posted for change  :thumb:
2008 Husqvarna 510 SMR
2001 Honda XR 50

slipperymongoose

I'm pretty sure there is an e85 pump in Brissy somewhere.

steezin_and_wheezin

I think I found one in my town. I'll go check it out if the rain breaks

02GSNewb

The buses on Georgia Southern Campus are fueled by Compressed Natural Gas.
Best pic I could get was of the compressed tanks.

Statesboro also has e85

Next Challenge: Your bike next to two corporate competitors located right next to each other. IE: wendys next to Mcdonalds, Home Depot next to Lowes....

slipperymongoose

The two end ones are franchises middle one isn't but I got 3 in a row hows that?

next challange is your bike with a 'kony 2012' poster

shonole

Quote from: slipperymongoose on April 26, 2012, 08:19:37 PM

The two end ones are franchises middle one isn't but I got 3 in a row hows that?

That dudes like, "why are you taking a picture of me?"
2004 SV650n - Blue

pave_spectre

I like a non-sequitur as much as the next Giraffe.

adidasguy

What is a "'kony 2012' poster" ???

shonole

Quote from: adidasguy on April 26, 2012, 09:44:28 PM
What is a "'kony 2012' poster" ???

You can always print one out and put it next to your bike.
2004 SV650n - Blue

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk