News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

Help me Id this 4 wheeler (Yamaha Breeze) model & year ????????

Started by 3imo, January 10, 2007, 08:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3imo

Not the brightest crayon in the box, but I can still be seen from a distance.  ;P
QuoteOpinions abound. Where opinions abound, mouths, like tachometers, often hit redline. - STARWALT

Jarrett you ignorant my mama...

3imo

So my Buddy and I have another 4 wheeler to duck around with.

The scoop we were told is that it was parked for 5 years.  The Carb shows signs of intense agreement. The words Gunk, goopy, varnishy, and oh f%$k seem to fit nicely as a good description of the inside of the carb.

She turned over fine with an new batt.
Oil will need to be changed, o'course.
Compression is great as well as good spark.

Last night we found the throttle body inside the carb siezed and the clutch was a bit sticky too.  I forced the throttle open and we siphoned a spot of fuel into the carb as we turned the starter.  like Ricky martins says "She bangs"

Without a rebuilt kit, we decided just to clean it as best we could and see if she will bang on her own.  After about 30 minutes the carb was wrestled back in place and fuel was allowed to seep into the carb.

For some reason she will only run if I use my hand to restricted the amount of air entering the carb.  Maybe the air filter also acts as a restrictor, but my gut tells me somethin in the carb is stuck open or shut.

Any suggestions?

On a good note we think the engine is in great condition.  a good rebuilt carb and this thing will seem som hangtime, soon.
(also has broken A-arm but parts are cheap.)

Oh yeah I know it is a Yamaha Breeze.  If anyone knows how I can find out an exact year and model # so I can find the right clymers, please let me know.  I haven't done the research just yet.
Not the brightest crayon in the box, but I can still be seen from a distance.  ;P
QuoteOpinions abound. Where opinions abound, mouths, like tachometers, often hit redline. - STARWALT

3imo

ok some research and I found it.  it is a YFA1(*)  The asteric is the year code.

natedawg120

Yamaha must have wanted to enhance the 4 wheeling pleasure by making you high on exhaust fumes with that one :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Bikeless in RVA

3imo

I assume you mean those two tubes that run up front.

I have no clue what that is or what purpose it serves. It is filtered and goes to and from the crankcase.

I have torn into many an engine and have never come across something like this. unless it is a supped up version of a PCV.  But I doubt it. I have already ID'ed the PCV on this thing, it is routed up to the airbox.

Any clues? SRinath? anyone?

werase643

automatic.....belt drive????
it is a ventilation system for the "transmission"
if water gets in it will lock stuff up in a heartbeat
it you blow air in to dry it up....it won't lock up moving parts...as easily

if i member....

I feel as old as Srinath looks.....

want Iain's money to support my butt in kens shop

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk