News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

Rear Solo seats for sale-by JamesG

Started by pantablo, February 06, 2003, 07:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowl Tech

Thanks I appreciate that link, are the E models and the F model seats interchangeable?  Are the plastics able to be taken off an F model and mounted to an E model?

Who else likes the sleek cowl?  Or would you rather the busa style?  Thanks

bucks1605

Quote from: Cowl Tech on May 29, 2008, 04:49:00 PM
Thanks I appreciate that link, are the E models and the F model seats interchangeable?  Are the plastics able to be taken off an F model and mounted to an E model?

Who else likes the sleek cowl?  Or would you rather the busa style?  Thanks

No, the gas tank on the post 01 is larger so the pre 01 seat will not work with the post 01 tank and vice versa. The F model plastics can be made to fit, it's not a simple swap. You have to fabricate mounting tabs I believe.

I would love to see some photoshop work of that busa style on a pre 01. Just to weigh the options.
SV1000K3 Bought 03/17/09
1996 GS500E Sold 03/03/09

Cowl Tech

Ok and your saying you would be interested in a pre 01 E cowl correct?  Who would be interested in the 01+ F model cowl? 

What style would you guys like to see?  Are the seats interchangable between the E's and the F's?  Thanks!

dgyver

Cowl Tech... You would be better off starting a new thread instead of piggybacking on 11 pages of old info, very few will look in here.
Common sense in not very common.

Cowl Tech

Appreciate it, I figured it would work for those who were subscribed to it.  I'll create a new one as well for everyone to post on.  Thanks!

mojonixon

I would like it to be a cap style for my "F" model 07 GS, just please design it so that it looks factory, not something that looks out of place, like I said before, sleek, hugs the rear seat area and come up with a way to remove the "handle" at the rear of the seat and design the cowl to fill/cover that space. That would be what I would want.
1974 RD 125 1st bike
1985 RZ 350 Should have kept this one!
1985 FJ 1100 Can you say sled
1981 Gpz 550 Still in the garage
2003 Ducati 749 Divorce...you know the rest.
2004 VTX 1300 Just got it
2007 GS 500F I love it and the FE is fine
Picking up pennies for a Triumph Street Triple

GI_JO_NATHAN

Quote from: mojonixon on May 29, 2008, 07:51:42 PM
I would like it to be a cap style for my "F" model 07 GS, just please design it so that it looks factory, not something that looks out of place, like I said before, sleek, hugs the rear seat area and come up with a way to remove the "handle" at the rear of the seat and design the cowl to fill/cover that space. That would be what I would want.
I'd be interested in something like this for my F as well.
Jonathan
'04 GS500
Quote from: POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks.
Get with the program!

TGR

I'd be interested in one for my E series  :thumb:

Cowl Tech

Please check out our new post, and please post pictures and thoughts (Along with what years) so that others can agree/disagree, and we can come to a conclusion on what needs to be made and start the production, and taking orders.  Thanks!

http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=41748.0

mercman

Found this link the other day.....Nice looking solo seat that exact replaces factory seat with no mods...Scroll down to middle of page...

http://www.whaccessories.com/GS500Accessories.htm

Cowl Tech

True fact, but for ALOT of money, and that's not even painted...so will try to work a little better here for ya.

www.CowlTech.com

GI_JO_NATHAN

Also doesn't delete the grab handle, the '01+ one is too low profile, and the '00- one is just plan fugly.
Jonathan
'04 GS500
Quote from: POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks.
Get with the program!

mercman

Yeah pricey it is...just wanted to show in case u hadnt seen it for ideas... :thumb:

streetfighter

can somebody post some links or pictures or information for tails or solo seats for a 96 E
it is so confusing for me i dont know what works for me and what doesnt, some help would be appreciated
thank you.

dgyver

Quote from: streetfighter on March 23, 2009, 04:43:06 PM
can somebody post some links or pictures or information for tails or solo seats for a 96 E
it is so confusing for me i dont know what works for me and what doesnt, some help would be appreciated
thank you.

Better start a new thread.

I have asked to have this thread un-stickied since I am not making them anymore for JamesG when he was over seas. JamesG has not shown any signs of producing anything anymore.

Common sense in not very common.

JamesG

Seconded.

Even though I am back in the ol' US of A, I have no time to produce parts. I have asked Darrel if he wants the molds, and I solicit any one with interest AND experiance at composite layup to take over my products, but I won't be producing any more parts. I'm moved on to bigger if not better things.

Thanks, and I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the GS500.

-James
James Greeson
GS Posse
WERA #306

adidasguy

For those interested, I found one here:
http://www.cowltech.com/index.php

UPDATE:

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! They take your money and do not ship. They are a thief.

importslife

hello i'm new to the page but just wanted to put my 2 cents in i have the black/blue Corbin seat. I got it with the bike but was thinking of changing the color to a candy green so it would look dumb with this seat  :thumb:. if there is any one out there that has a lighter blue bike that wants one i would think about a trade for a stock seat in good shape mine is 92 so will not fit the "F" model sorry. i live in GA. to buy this it would be around 300+ for the seat if you would like to see pics just e-mail me and i will send some (importslife2000@yahoo.com)
Everythingsanimport

SoGone12

A reear solo seat sounds awesome. I have a 2006 gs500F and Im interested in a seat cowl that matches my bike (white) lol

gs500f stuntman

hey James,

I understand that you are making race tails for the gs500 are you making any for the f :thumb: model. I'm race preparing my bike and would love one.

thanks mate

Nathan :woohoo:
2007 GS500f k&n lunch box 155/65/35 jardine exhaust custom made end caps 45 tooth rear and 15 up front soon to have ryca rear sets and a custom bash cage and sliders

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk