News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

Anne goes drag racing for the first time, watch it.

Started by john, May 21, 2005, 11:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john

Take a look.  It;s harder than she thought and the excitement and adrenaline made her starts suck as she kept dumping the clutch instead of feathering it.  But she had an awesome time!  (notice the busa kicking her ass, the dude is an experienced dragger just having fun with his street bike :lol: )

Here she is:  http://www.gstwins.com/temp/annedrags.wmv

If you have a chance to go to a drag strip...do it.  It's cheap ($17 and got in 5 runs), it's fun and it's safe.  you need a snell approved (or is it DOT?) helmet, leather jacket and that's about it.  Apparently leather pants are required if your trap speed is over 120 (which is a good idea), Anne wore cordura riding pants.  You're only racing against yourself and it's damn fun  :thumb:  I know some of the guys here have dragged their GS and love it, we can see exactly why now  :thumb:
There is more to this site than a message board.  Check out http://www.gstwin.com

Fear the banana hammer!

Phaedrus

That's awesome! I wish I had a place like that around here. I'd give it a whirl. I'd get my butt handed to me, but I'd still have a good time doing it. I am glad she did too.

Hip Hip Hooray! haha  :cheers:
Richard died in a motorcycle accident that was at no fault of his own.  We lost a good friend and good member of this board.  Though Rich may be gone, his legacy will live on here.

Photos from the June '06 Northeast GStwin Meet

yamahonkawazuki

hehe nice, warn her tho it can be quite addictive
:dunno:
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

john

Too late  :lol:  She's already making plans for next weekend  :o She's been really toying with getting onto a track for a while.  I'd rather her drag than roadrace  :thumb: The track is only 15 minutes away :thumb:

...I wonder how long before she cooks her clutch  :dunno:  

Really it's the most fun $17 dollars can buy.
There is more to this site than a message board.  Check out http://www.gstwin.com

Fear the banana hammer!

crash

* The opinions expressed in this post are those of th%&*L{P(^W@#^)*(Sasdfjkl;=235kawel;...............

2001 GS500
1996 Olds Cutlass Ciera - DEAD =(

94suzuki500

Quote from: crashwhat is she riding?
ya I was going to ask the same thing.  Its a zx6r right?

RVertigo

Quote from: johnexcitement and adrenaline made her starts suck
Her starts are better than mine!   :lol:

yamahonkawazuki

wasnt speedworld was it, or firebird? :dunno:
".
A proud Mormon

john

Quote from: yamahonkawazukiwasnt speedworld was it, or firebird? :dunno:

It was Fireturd.  It was seriously still about 108 when they started and the lane dude made them wait and wait and wait to line up.  He was letting cars go, they'd make their run and come back around for a hot lap and go again while they waited.  Guys who drag around here hate, and I mean HATE Fireturd for that reason -no respect for bikes or the fact they bikers are sitting in full leathers in sweltering heat and making them wait longer than junior sitting in daddys BMW with the AC on.

In a week or two Anne will be going up to speedworld so try her hand at it again.

...and yes she still has the zx6r.  It is seriously one of the most well balanced sportbikes/hypersport tourer in the universe.  Just like the zx9 and busa.

Fear the banana hammer!

Michael

Good to see she's still riding.  How come we hear a lot about her but never anything from her?
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

yamahonkawazuki

he keeps her locked up except on racing days :cheers:
".
A proud Mormon

davipu

for some reason I feel that this pic will add a special something to this thread.

john

No.  She's alive and well.  She just has a net phobia.  She will use email on occasion, but that's the extent of it.  I don't understand why some people have such phobias, but whatever....

Fear the banana hammer!

Jake D

I think it is probably because there is pictures of her nude all over the internet.

Nevermind.  It is just a blow up doll.

That rocks man!  You've got yourself a racer chick!  How hot is that?
2003 Honda VTR1000F Super Hawk 996

Many of the ancients believe that Jake D was made of solid stone.

Jake D

That was my 700th post, BTW.

I am closing in on Babe Ruth.
2003 Honda VTR1000F Super Hawk 996

Many of the ancients believe that Jake D was made of solid stone.

Michael

Quote from: johnNo.  She's alive and well.  She just has a net phobia.  She will use email on occasion, but that's the extent of it.  I don't understand why some people have such phobias, but whatever....
So mhow did she get up the nerve to start this site all those years ago?  Or was it all your work under her name?  Not criticising, just curious.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

john

Well for the most part it was because there was shaZam! for info on the web.  She wanted stuff for her bike, and so did I.  No info no nothing.  So with her permission I started GStwin.  The rest is history...

Fear the banana hammer!

Michael

Well, we're all really glad you did.  :thumb:
Can't honestly say I could have done the same.

Kerry

If anyone has never followed the Site Owner Info link from the GStwin.com home page, you really should.  :)

Note to john: Did you realize that the Brocton Enterprise article linked to at the bottom of that page is still hosted on some GeoCities site?  :?
Yellow 1999 GS500E
Kerry's Suzuki GS500 Page

john

Quote from: KerryIf anyone has never followed the Site Owner Info link from the GStwin.com home page, you really should.  :)

Note to john: Did you realize that the Brocton Enterprise article linked to at the bottom of that page is still hosted on some GeoCities site?  :?

yep  :lol: That was a long time ago now!  That's when the sportbike disease started...now she's getting into drag racing  :o

But it's cool to be married to a tom-boy  :thumb: but expensive  :lol:

Fear the banana hammer!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk