News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

WTB-Yoshimura Exhaust for 2004-2010 GS500F

Started by rafiki911, February 19, 2012, 06:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favourite aftermarket exhaust for the GS500 and why? Are there any I missed that are made for the GS500 and what are they if you like them.

Jardine.
3 (42.9%)
Yoshimura.
2 (28.6%)
Vance and Hines.
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

rafiki911

Missed out on a great sale at Riders Choice Last year. They were on sale for $250.

Been doing on line searches for two weeks now and can't find any thing under $322 and that's with out taxes and shipping.

If anyone can help me find one at a decent price please let me know.

rafiki911

Added a pole to the thread. Wondering what people think about the most common not stock exhausts. Looking for something affordable since it's not really enhancing the performance of my bike, just making it sound better.

xunedeinx

I got an R6R take off for free...

I think it looks better than all 3 of your choices, and it sounds good.

Bluesmudge

Jardine is a full system which will actually make a bigger difference in performance.

The best part of the Jardine system is that it won't rust like the Vance & Hines or the stock headers with a slip-on.

I have a Bolt-on Wileyco can. Looks great, sounds great and is much lighter than stock. I didn't get it for performance increase. Unfortunately the stock headers still like to rust.

rafiki911

Thanks so much for your feed back.
Xunedeinx, I'm not too sure about using an exhaust meant for an other bike.

BaltimoreGS

If you can find one of the discontinued Yoshimura full exhaust system it gives the most power increase on a dyno.

-Jessie

rafiki911

Oh, cool I didn't even know they used to have a full system. Thanks.

xunedeinx

Quote from: rafiki911 on February 22, 2012, 02:24:02 PM
Thanks so much for your feed back.
Xunedeinx, I'm not too sure about using an exhaust meant for an other bike.

No offense taken, personal preference. Im cheap :)

I'f I was loaded, Id have the jardine headers with a carbon fiber can for an R1 with a custom titanium mid.

walkthejosh

Anyone have any experience with the full system by Jardine? They seem to be the most readily available.
2004 GS500F
Jardine RT1 Exhaust
K&N Lunchbox

rafiki911

So, my buddy just recently got into selling parts and he is getting me it for a good price. I'll post pics after I put it on. Some other mods I've done to my bike are the levers and master cylinder, braided front break line, R&G sliders(thanks to this site), and some other little things here and there. Also in the process of customizing the seat and making it a bit higher and more comfortable for the long rides:)

adidasguy

scottychop has the full jardine. Its nice. The silencer is needed or way too loud. I have a V&H on Junior. Same here. I put in the jardine silencer and its pretty nice. Either would be a good choice. The jardine silencer needs a little filing on the inner part to fit all the way into the curved end of the V&H. The end of the Jardine is straight for the last couple inches - V&H is curved. Only matters if you try to put a silencer in the V&H because you have to use the Jardine one.
So either is a good choice. I like the sound of both (with the silencer).

rafiki911

Crap my buddy's seller fell through and he's no longer interested in selling parts. Back to square one in looking for a yoshi at a good price.

rafiki911

Yes, success!!!!

Fawaz from Racer 5 race school opened up a store called Speedworx and is having an opening sale. Yoshimura exhausts are 25% off:D

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?155673-YOSHIMURA-SHOEI-FIVE-TCX-25-off-at-SPEEDWORX!&p=1781660#post1781660

Getting it installed Friday.

OMG and just realized its the aluminum one I am getting at that price:)

rafiki911

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk