News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

MC OR RC

Started by BassWoW, July 31, 2012, 02:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassWoW

Got a question for fellow gs owners! Has anyone joined a motocycle club or riding club?? What kinds are there around here in the US and is it worth it??

Just getting a feel.  :-X
k4

yamahonkawazuki

sometimes. depends on club. was part of one with my HD. one that didnt have to stellar of a reputation. saw how htey treated their women, amongst other things,  and surrendered my patch. that aside. i still rode with them. just wasnt part of them anymore. is it worth it?, the right club yes. the wrong club no. what is right, what is wrong?, well, if yall share hte same interests and such. then it could be worthwhile to you. if they get you into riding like a squid, id suggest not. but many of them you learn a few things, from members that know. such as maintenance, how to shift properly etc, different techniques etc. with my 4gs' i rode wiht an informal group mostly metric bikes. a few hd's mine included. we just rode differnet places, tried different twisty roads etc. each ride, a different person chose the route, and place to eat etc.
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

BassWoW

:woohoo:

Thanks for your input. Between my friend joining as a KDA and myself. I havn't looked into many. I know one for sport bikes and dual-sport. They are into tricks and stuff im not too interested in.

I think i'll stick to riding with friends and since my bud has joined one he hasn't been over much.
k4

adidasguy

There are many riding groups on  www.meetup.com
I follow a few here.I can pick and chose the rides I want to goon. Most often the route is shown. They say what the riding style will be like so I can skip the advanced rides with the liter bikes.

Through meetup.,com  rides, I have met people that I ride with other times. It is a good way to meet lots of riders and see what's available in your area.

Fortunately, here in Washington we don't care what you  ride as long as you're save and your bike can keep up. I know some areas are rather segregated as to bike types and sizes. Couple weekends ago I went with a group of 15. Five people split off for a while to do high speed. In the group we went from a CBR250 to 1300cc bikes - sport, dual-sport and cruisers all riding together and having a great time.

While I have little trouble keeping up with the liter bikes, I prefer to stay away from the "advanced" rides. I prefer to enjoy the scenery.

yamahonkawazuki

agreed. while hitting the dragon id rather cruise and enjoy, and tbh let the advanced ridrs catch the fury of the highway patrol.
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

BassWoW

I'm going to join that meetup.com site or look into it. Cant at work.. but My friend ended up joining one and wont name names but he ended up in a world of worry. got his @s-s beat and wants out. Guess your best friends can kick you good and still shake hands after..

Not my crew lol
k4

adidasguy

So far everything and everyone I've met through meetup.com are pretty nice people. Some of the best group leaders I've been riding with.
On meetup.com, group have ratings, photos and lots of info so you can checkout the group before joining. And joining doesn't mean you have to attend anything - you're just on the mailing list. Some groups have a small fee to pay for the site and some have sponsors.

I've met riders local to me that I ride with other times - not just with the group's organized rides. I found it a great way to meet riders.

How did your friend find a group that turned out so bad?

PS: meetup.com is not just bikes - it has groups for every interest you can imagine.

BassWoW

His friend is a Diablos member- he wanted to be a KDA- he became a KDA but ended up turning in his patche and vest..
k4

adidasguy

There is a difference between a gang and a riding group.
You won't find the gangs on meetup.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk