News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

Caldwell's Motor Toys=DO NOT BUY

Started by jpvc49, May 20, 2009, 08:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpvc49

Beware of this business. I ordered an engine from this business towards the end of April and still have yet to see it the engine and I found out today that the engine has not even been sent yet. We first agreed on the price and Ben Caldwell (Manager/owner) said the engine was going to be shipped out that week. Later that week I call him for the tracking number and no tracking number, just an excuse of why it hasn't been sent followed by assurance that it's going out soon. The next week I call him and he says it has been sent but no tracking number because his secretary is gone for the day. A couple weeks go by and then I decide to call the shipping company. The shipping company says they don't have a record of any shipment from Caldwell. I call the business and talk with Ben. He said it went out today via FedEx and he would have a tracking number by the end of business 3pm my time. I call at 255pm my time and no answer and no tracking number. Called FedEx freight and no shipment from him. I checked the Better Business Beaureu and there are several complaints against him. I checked other motorcycle forums and people say the same thing. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM CALDWELL'S MOTOR TOYS in Russell, PA

bucks1605

Thanks for the heads up, sounds like a pretty shady business they're running there. Did you already pay for the engine? If so, I hope you get it all worked out.
SV1000K3 Bought 03/17/09
1996 GS500E Sold 03/03/09

scottpA_GS

Sounds like a good time for GSTwin members to start a calling party  :icon_mrgreen:

Tie them up on the phone all day with questions about GS500 motors  :icon_mrgreen:

http://caldwellmotortoys.com

(814) 757-4404

~ 1990 GS500E Project bike ~ Frame up restoration ~ Yosh exhaust, 89 clipons, ...more to come...

~ 98 Shadow ACE 750 ~ Black Straight Pipes ~ UNI Filter ~ Dyno Jet Stage 1 ~ Sissy Bar ~

LOUiE

Quote from: scottpA_GS on May 21, 2009, 06:28:17 AM

Sounds like a good time for GSTwin members to start a calling party  :icon_mrgreen:

Tie them up on the phone all day with questions about GS500 motors  :icon_mrgreen:

http://caldwellmotortoys.com

(814) 757-4404

what  a strange brand of justice we provide   :cheers:
'90 GS500F - streetfighter in progress... booyah!

grayghost

that's the great thing about this site- you screw one of us, you screw ALL of us.
his business must be REAL good to let word of mouth about this kind of scam to start making the rounds.

utgunslinger13

hahah GStwins justice!  I feel bad because thats my last name, but luckily no relation! lol  Hopefully you can get everything worked out but let me know if we need to start a calling party!
Check out my current project build:

http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=41982.0

Chanse

just let us know when to start the harrassing calls....
Current project:
Mmotos full body kit (YOU DONT WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM... READ MY THREAD BOOT STATE UPDATE)
K&N Lunchbox
Buddah's jets
CBR F2 rearsets
Ducati pass pegs (Modified)
Kat rear wheel
Carbon Fiber Exhaust Can, possibly shortened and relocated
And so on......

dohabee

Quote from: Chanse on May 21, 2009, 08:20:23 PM
just let us know when to start the harrassing calls....

I'm in too

LOUiE

can atleast one of you say why you're phoning?  maybe drop a 'stop being a dink!" in there... otherwise he might just think he's gettin more customers.. i dunno
'90 GS500F - streetfighter in progress... booyah!

yamahonkawazuki

OP did you pay wiht CC or paypal? file a report , adn if need be fle a small claims suit, eithr way if what you said did happen, tehn youd win
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

jpvc49

I filed a dispute with my credit card company and already received my money back. I actually found an engine closer to home and already put it my bike. I rode my gs today for the first time in almost a year. I'm in the process of converting an "F" model to naked. Yeah, Ben Caldwell of Caldwell's Motor Toys is a dork and karma will make sure he gets his. Thanks for the support. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk