News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Clymer manual Here

Main Menu

digital tach save mileage & time

Started by Inverse, July 04, 2018, 02:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inverse

Hi everyone, after 1 year now i have time and installed a digital koso rx1 replica

I have everything working except for one thing. I connected the positive and negative straight to the battery, and the power lock to the orange wire so that it only switches on when you insert the key. The problem is that when i switch off i lose time and mileage...

Any idea would be really appreciated

EDIT: seems to be solved, i checked it again and although when it's off it doesn't show the time when you switch on you get the values right

I dont know how much these things drain the battery though

gregjet

Very little drain unless you leave it for a very long period. LCD display and the memory us miniscule current when the rest is off.

Carltheproducer

Was there a particular model # associated with digital koso rx1 replica? How long did the install take? Painful for a noob to do? Any regrets after a year using it on your GS500? Just to clarify you got everything working on the tach?

gregjet

If that's a real koso, the power wire should be be red ( tach out).
the switch power should be  brown ( tach out)
and the ground should be black.
You need both to function properly on and off.

gregjet

That's the chinese one and I believe the wiring is different. Either way, there should be TWO power wires. one switched and one always on. You need both .

Inverse

Quote from: mr72 on July 06, 2018, 01:36:07 PM
is it like this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Multi-Function-DC-12V-Motorcycle-Odometer-Speedometer-Tachometer-Gauge/232306659030?epid=780934524&hash=item36168e4ed6:g:Nl0AAOSwWWxY9wk6
yeah its like that, but the one with 12k rpm

Quote from: Carltheproducer on July 06, 2018, 09:52:22 AM
Was there a particular model # associated with digital koso rx1 replica? How long did the install take? Painful for a noob to do? Any regrets after a year using it on your GS500? Just to clarify you got everything working on the tach?
hahaha i just installed it after i year in the garage, and it was a bit painful because i had no schemes of it

problem is that sometimes the rpm fluctuate randomly, maybe i should connect it to a coil

Inverse

in trouble again...

I tried 2 tach (even different brands) and something 'funny' happens: if it's a cold day the rpm's are accurate, but if i leave it in the sun or it's a hot day the rpm gauge goes crazy... any idea what can cause this? It is driving me crazy  :technical:

I connected to the stock tach rpm wire, maybe I should try connecting it to somewhere else?

The Buddha

I am looking for one of these in a proper round shape. Does it exist.
Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk