News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

sheared engine mount bolt, how screwed am I???

Started by xcolo1, September 28, 2011, 04:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burning1

Quote from: adidasguy on October 12, 2011, 04:39:55 PM
Interesting to see what the bolts go through and where they are.
Thought it was interesting. Don't often see pictures of an opened up engine.

I have an engine at home with the cases split. Will take a photo when I get home, if you want to see what the engine looks like with most of the guts in there.

sledge

Remembered another good one today.

Engine getting tired and wearing out?
Borderline oil-pressure??
Warning light flickering on tickover??
Want to off-load the bike without having to reduce the book price??

Simply remove the bulb, colour it black with a marker pen and refit it. The ink will hide the fact the bulb is dim and flickering on tickover but wont hide it enough so that it doesnt light up with the ignition turned on.........Works with charging lights too  :thumb:

Do you always check for this cover up as part of your hourly inspection too Dr McMinger??.....I bet you several large beers you will from now on :thumb:

More top tips to follow  :D :D :D

gtscott

one thing i used to see done by some dodgy people who bought and sold cars from auctions, buy a wreck, fix it yet dont put new airbags in, just the covers that need replacing, and hook the airbag or even abs light up in parrarell to the battery light (and break the circut for the original light) then when u first turn the key on the airbag and abs lights come on as normal and go off when the car is started as if its all working properly

the mole

Here's another one:
Find a couple of pictures of a hot movie star (head and shoulders) in a magazine and cut them out, then stick them over your mirrors. The buyer will think he looks so good on your bike he'll buy it without even doing the one hour safety check!

Cosimo_Zaretti

Quote from: sledge on October 12, 2011, 10:46:28 PM
Remembered another good one today.

Engine getting tired and wearing out?
Borderline oil-pressure??
Warning light flickering on tickover??
Want to off-load the bike without having to reduce the book price??

Simply remove the bulb, colour it black with a marker pen and refit it. The ink will hide the fact the bulb is dim and flickering on tickover but wont hide it enough so that it doesnt light up with the ignition turned on.........Works with charging lights too  :thumb:

Do you always check for this cover up as part of your hourly inspection too Dr McMinger??.....I bet you several large beers you will from now on :thumb:

More top tips to follow  :D :D :D

You could probably use a couple of relays to make it come on with the key, then turn off when the motor's running.  Here's another dodgey little trick for you.  When I took my first car in for inspection, I wasn't sure if not having a working fuel gauge would fail me, and the tank sender was shot.  The solution was to ground out the sender wire, which of course made it read full.  But that seemed a little obvious, so I wired in a rheostat so I could make the fuel guage read whatever I want.  When the inspector turned the key, the needle moved to 3/4 full, just where I'd set it. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk