News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

1994 build

Started by rpkknives, May 21, 2012, 10:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rpkknives

Well this is where Im at so far, still allot of work to do but its only a few days away from being drivable now. So far Ive only put $1200 into the entire project, $400 for the bike and $800 for all the parts. Ill get some better pics up after shes all done.

codajastal

Looking good so far :thumb:
I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

cbrfxr67

rockin,....can't wait to see more
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

rpkknives

I got the seat and tail light done yesterday. she is now fully operational! Still have a few things to work on yet but at least I can drive it around now.

cbrfxr67

Very good job on that rear.  In the first pics, I thought meh,...but I'm seriously liking how you tied the seat in with the light.  (applause)
I'd paint that exhaust hanger black though.  It is majorly distracting since it is loooooong and not black.
Kick arse on that rear setup!  :thumb:
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

MVent03

Quote from: cbrfxr67 on June 24, 2012, 07:12:39 AM
I'd paint that exhaust hanger black though.  It is majorly distracting since it is loooooong and not black.
Kick arse on that rear setup!  :thumb:

Agreed, I stared at it for a while in the first pic.

I'd also look at a way to try and conceal the electrics under the seat. I've seen a lot of people on here use a metal mesh painted black in that little triangular space. Side covers too of course.

rpkknives

Thanks guys, theres still allot of things I plan on doing eventually, covering the electronics is definatly high on the list. Ill post progress pics when I can.

bucket_chemist

I like this a lot. I'm not such a fan of the seat, but the front end is wicked.

Good work. It looks like a blast to ride.
2007 GS500
Heated grips are my favourite accessory.

MVent03

I love the shape of the seat and the curved brake light is a very cool idea.

But after looking at it more, I think the rear of the seat needs to have a cowl of some sort. Obviously this is only a one up bike and you have, basically, a seat big enough and shaped for two up riding. It would clean up the way the fabric is folded on the back of the seat.

rpkknives

I got a bit of engine painting done today, repainted the fins with hi-temp black and silver and re-shaped/painted the timing cover. I am planning on making a cowl for the back of the seat eventually, just need to find the time.

codajastal

WOW is that legal where you are?
I wouldnt get 100mts down the road before the bike was taken off the road by Mr Plod here.
You lucky bastard :thumb:
I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

cbrfxr67

Liking those fins,..hell yea
-buddha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk