Sooooooo, what do you want for christmas, or xmas, or whatever you choose to call it?

Started by yamahonkawazuki, December 17, 2016, 09:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShowBizWolf

I have been eyeing up an armored hoodie... and I'll probably ask for more Por15 and some beer :thumb:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

yamahonkawazuki

Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

Watcher

"The point of a journey is not to arrive..."

-Neil Peart

yamahonkawazuki

A decent gaming mouse
Aaron.
But actually a halfway decent Verizon non smartphone
".
A proud Mormon

Watcher

Quote from: yamahonkawazuki on November 08, 2017, 04:14:13 PM
A decent gaming mouse

Once I went Roccat I found it very hard to go with anyone else.  Their claim to fame is the programmable "shift" function where, just like the shift key on a keyboard, you can give each mouse button two functions and switch between them by holding the "shift" button you designate.
You can write macros, scripts, or just assign keyboard keys to these buttons and really expand the function of the mouse without having some ridiculous RPG mouse like the Razer Naga...

I found it incredibly useful for FPSs and light RPGs like TES and Fallout games.

-Neil Peart

yamahonkawazuki

Ohhhhh I like Lol. But a ways off for now. Got to go decent and inexpensive for time being. But frig nice lol. And they keyboards lol . very impressive.
Aaron
drooling over the kone pure. comparable to the next gen logitech in price but far exceeding it in specs.
Drooling
https://www.amazon.com/ROCCAT-Optical-Adjustable-Programmable-Ergonomic/dp/B010U57G1K/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1510456315&sr=8-8&keywords=roccat+mouse
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

".
A proud Mormon

Watcher

Roccat makes some cool functioning keyboards but they are mostly all rubber dome switches and after using Cherry MX-Blues for so long I won't go back, can't go back.

I need a new game-pad, though.  My Razer Orbweaver is awesome in every way except one: the adhesive SUCKS and is soft and pressed out of the palm rests and makes my hands sticky.  It's a know Razer issue, I can try to clean and repair myself or I can replace it.  Inclined to work on it, but it sounds like a total hassle.  If Razer changed their adhesive I'd rather just replace it.

-Neil Peart

yamahonkawazuki

".
A proud Mormon

qcbaker

I use a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard at work. It was a gift, so I felt obligated to use it, but it's not the one I wanted... I wanted the "Stealth" version because I love the tactile feedback of mechanical keys, but I HATE the extra clickiness. The "Stealth" version uses Cherry MX Orange switches, which are basically just MX Browns with an earlier actuation point. Tactile bump, but no extra click. And I would install o-rings to reduce the click even more.

As for my mouse, my work one I just some garbage Logitech they gave me. But at home, I use a MadCatz M.O.U.S. 9. Its basically a bluetooth version of the R.A.T. 7. Lots of programmable buttons, supports multiple button profiles, has a dedicated "precision" button which, when held, reduces your mouse sensitivity by 50% (for sniping in FPS games, basically).

As far as what I want for the holidays this year, what I really want is a 4th gen GSX-R600. What I'll ask other people for is a set of Freeze-Out stuff from Cycle Gear lol.

yamahonkawazuki

drooling over the hardware. need to go to worst buy, perhaps walmart. need something. the stock mouse is horrible for fps or even war thunder. gaming is about all i do since cow project is over pretty much. just want a decent gaming mouse. been eyeballing a decent mechanical keyboard. not concerned about noise. heck im a noisy typist anyways lol
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

Ooohhhhh a g502. And gta5 on my steam act and id be good. Or even a Chinese motorcycle battery for the cow.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

Watcher

CM Storm and ThermalTake TTe have some decent mechanicals for pretty cheap.  TTe makes a pretty standard keyboard with their own ripoff of Cherry MX Blue switches called the Poseidon that sells around $75.

I've used mice with "precision" buttons before.  Hate them.  I use a relatively low sensitivity anyway, but most games nowadays let you fine tune your zoom sensitivity in the options menus, and lately I've been preferring a 1:1 resolution when zoomed.
But the kicker is those "precision" buttons are usually dedicated, and you can't reprogram them.
On the flip side, many mice on the market with programmable buttons can be set to modify DPI on button press, even temporarily, so my Roccat can do the "precision" button if I want it to but I'm also not stuck with it from the factory...

-Neil Peart

yamahonkawazuki

indeed. methinks the g502 is the main want. the roccat on same level is around 25 more. worth it? yes, buit christmas or my budget wont allow. even looking @ used mice.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

qcbaker

Quote from: Watcher on November 16, 2017, 05:05:25 PM
CM Storm and ThermalTake TTe have some decent mechanicals for pretty cheap.  TTe makes a pretty standard keyboard with their own ripoff of Cherry MX Blue switches called the Poseidon that sells around $75.

I've used mice with "precision" buttons before.  Hate them.  I use a relatively low sensitivity anyway, but most games nowadays let you fine tune your zoom sensitivity in the options menus, and lately I've been preferring a 1:1 resolution when zoomed.
But the kicker is those "precision" buttons are usually dedicated, and you can't reprogram them.
On the flip side, many mice on the market with programmable buttons can be set to modify DPI on button press, even temporarily, so my Roccat can do the "precision" button if I want it to but I'm also not stuck with it from the factory...

I think I can reprogram the precision button on my mouse, but I've never wanted to, since I like it lol. Only downside that the MOUS9 has is that by default the DPI is rather low for a gaming mouse (just because it's bluetooth rather than wired), so if I were to upgrade, I'd probably opt for something with a higher DPI. I love the MadCatz mice, but they discontinued the MOUS series so I can't get a wireless one anymore. Might have to move to Logitech or look into the Roccat ones you're talking about.

yamahonkawazuki

always loved logitech mainly because of their customer service dept. ( if there is a problem)
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

".
A proud Mormon