News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

Free bike build

Started by desync0, November 08, 2012, 02:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desync0

Hey,

Building an 04 500f that was given to me by a friend, originally he let me put it in my name so I could get insurance and learn on it, but we noticed the forks were bent when we went to change the fork seals. So it sat since spring waiting to find a deal on forks.

Fast forward to now, another buddy called up offering me a complete 04 gsxr 600 front end with a 1st gen hyabusa rim, and gsxr 1000 brakes for $350 installed. So I talked to my friend asked him what he was doing with the bike, and since he's engaged and moving to the states he decided to just give me the bike!

So far everything pretty much bolted right up, didn't have to changes stems or make a spacer for the top, using 600 everything! The top triple sits a little higher then it does on a 600, but that's it. I will have to make steering stops though so the clipons don't hit the tank.

I'm also going with a china universal digital dash, just have to decide which one.

I'll add some pics later I'm off to work.

codajastal

I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

desync0

codajastal

I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

Higgins13

Looks like a nice bike for free lol
2005 GS500F
Jardine RT-One Exhaust
K&N RU-2970 "Lunchbox" Air Filter
46T Rear Sprocket
Dynojet Kit - Stage One
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
Flush Mount Turn Signals
Fender Eliminator
Underglow Kit
Blue LED Gauge
Blue LED Parking Light
Blue HID Kit
Carbon Fiber Tank Protector
1/4" White Rim Stripes

xunedeinx

Did you use the gsxr bearings?

Can you give a 100% complete list and breakdown of parts used?

desync0

I was at work when he swapped everything over, but he said the bottom bearings were the same. But be used the 600 bearing, not sure if he replaced the race. The top is a 600 bearing and race.

I'll get better pictures and details on the weekend.

desync0

Ok its all done, just waiting for brake pads, and have to get my tire swapped over.

He used the bottom 500 race with the 600 bearing. The top is a 600 bearing with no race, when they removed the 500 race the 600 bearing fit perfectly.

I'll get pics when I get it home but there's not much stem/bearing wise to see.

GI_JO_NATHAN

That's awesome!
Quote from: desync0 on November 11, 2012, 05:41:45 PM
...and have to get my tire swapped over.
Are you planing to put the stock 110 on the Busa rim?
Or are you already running a 120?
Jonathan
'04 GS500
Quote from: POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks.
Get with the program!

desync0

The busa rim is 3.5" and comes stock with a 120, right now I have a 110/70 battleax bt-45 which bridgestone says fits a 2.75"-3.5" rim. They recommend a 3".

I already have a pretty much new tire, so I'm going to swap it over and see how it handles before I go and buy a new one.

GI_JO_NATHAN

Quote from: desync0 on November 11, 2012, 09:56:30 PM
The busa rim is 3.5" and comes stock with a 120, right now I have a 110/70 battleax bt-45 which bridgestone says fits a 2.75"-3.5" rim. They recommend a 3".

I already have a pretty much new tire, so I'm going to swap it over and see how it handles before I go and buy a new one.
:thumb:
Just be easy at first to get used to the change in profile.
Jonathan
'04 GS500
Quote from: POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks.
Get with the program!

desync0

Well I didn't get much riding in after the FE swap, the clipons were just way too low to ride more then 10 minutes with out killing my back and my wrists. The bike sat in the garage for the past 2 1/2 years.

Since my M2 expires next year I figured I should get it rideable and get some seat time before doing the road test next spring.

Started the swap from clipons to bars today!

2017-07-04_03-04-23 by desync0, on Flickr
2017-07-04_03-05-03 by desync0, on Flickr

"Slightly" more comfortable riding position lol

I know the left riser is off a mm or two, the Suzuki badge sits in an indent in the casting, I didn't want to drill in the edge of it and not have a flat surface on the back side to spread the load around.

Next up is swapping over all the controls and installing the extended front brake line.

ShowBizWolf

Wow cool!!! Awesome thread resurrection and update :D :D  :D
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

cbrfxr67

zombie thread resurrection sweet!

More pics! :icon_mrgreen:
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

desync0

Lol, figured it was easier to bring my old post back from the dead then start a new one.

Got all the controls off the clipons yesterday but it was too damn hot in the garage to mess around bleed the brakes, taking care of that today.

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

ajensen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk