News:

The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

Last Post Wins - V3

Started by Toledo Jim, March 17, 2013, 12:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamahonkawazuki

idk how well it rides, but i think honda got it right in the looks dept with the grom.  idk about  the headlight, but i suppose it could grow on me :),
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

peteGS

I've come to the conclusion that modern bikes have ugly headlights... there's nothing as aesthetically pleasing as a good old round or rectangular headlight, unlike these melted blobs they put on these days  :icon_neutral:

Didn't really achieve much on the Kat at all after all that, and certainly didn't get to do the electrickery video with a horn sound test either. Maybe next weekend...
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

could always put airhorns  on it lol.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

True! They're legal here too... but there's no room...

I ran a set in a car for a short time many years ago but what I discovered was that there was too much delay between hitting the button and the compressor generating enough air volume to get them sounding off... could just be that those particular ones were crap though.

I looked at where I was with the Kat last night and decided I want to get something else actually finished up that's currently half done. Getting annoyed with myself for being in the middle of several different things.

So, battery/electrics tray, rear inner guard/tray, rear guard (what you lot in the US call a fender), and tail light mount are all removed. I'm going to finish them up as I need to drill some holes for wiring grommets and the starter and R/R leads. I'll also make the indicator brackets up. Then all those will get some paint and can then be mounted properly which will mean the actual frame components are pretty much complete.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

have you  considered a dual tone horn? (high and low?)
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

Same deal with room I think, the 450 doesn't have a lot of room but the Kat has bugger all room... I keep forgetting how much wider the 4 cylinder motor is, and there's not a lot of room above it either. The Kat guys are of the impression I will be struggling to fit the new horn in as it is without having a second one... I suspect they're right but won't really know until I go to fit the motor. Not going to bother finishing or painting the horn mount until then...

Once I get the video up with the sound test, I suspect you'll agree a dual tone is not necessary compared to the stock meep meep  ;)
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

I always liked dual tone horns or oogah or even air horns which I did use on one of my GAs but if stock works, by all means my friend.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

Except for the drag chute and lighting the cow is finished.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

Electrojake

Quote from: yamahonkawazuki on September 26, 2017, 02:35:36 PM
Except for the drag chute and lighting the cow is finished.
Aaron
meh... who need lights and brakes anyway.  :whisper:
Current Stable: Suzuki DL1000k6, a Grom, two 70's vintage PUCH mopeds, and my kid's WR250R

yamahonkawazuki

Lol true. Ride during day and flintstone it to stop Mao.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

Phew... back from two very long days in Melbourne for work, and two delayed flights  :technical:

Exhausted today but back to work, then hopefully a relaxing long weekend with a public holiday on Monday. Need to gather my thoughts and get some Kat stuff done this weekend, don't wanna waste any opportunities.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Electrojake

Quote from: peteGS on September 28, 2017, 01:35:53 PM
Phew... back from two very long days in Melbourne for work, and two delayed flights  :technical:

Exhausted today but back to work, then hopefully a relaxing long weekend with a public holiday on Monday.
Need to gather my thoughts and get some Kat stuff done this weekend, don't wanna waste any opportunities.
Agreed!
Kat work should be a priority. :thumb:

Current Stable: Suzuki DL1000k6, a Grom, two 70's vintage PUCH mopeds, and my kid's WR250R

yamahonkawazuki

that would make a great tank decal. lol
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

Electrojake

1.) So what's with the clutch???  :icon_neutral:

2.) How do we improve it?

3.) Have a link to an upgrade?

yamahonkawazuki

I adjusting rear clamp downwards. I.e. more tire pressure = less slippage. If I were to upgrade is go with an easier spring. The clutch is inexpensive like less than $20. So when able ill persue. Was digging through my spare parts and found a bag for my motohuffy project. It would work for a toolbag of sorts. Also using that cb750 conrod I can make a knee crutch support when I cross this bridge. The cow and an iwalk . would play nicely together. Anyhow for now i think we are good. Will persue the clutch upgrade when able to do so  :D
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

Well, getting stuff done, but nothing to really photograph... been cleaning aluminium welds up and got some Argon so I could finish off the bits I hadn't welded. Also got the indicator brackets worked out but they need some shaping and the two parts need tacking together. I need to re-do the centre stand bump stop and then should be ready to paint all those bits satin black.

Once I get to that point I can post some pic's that actually show progress  :thumb:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Toledo Jim

Electrojake

James stops in for a visit.  :D
Thank you Sir.

Toledo Jim

Electrojake

All in good taste of course.  :whisper:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk