News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

Painted my 96 GS500E!

Started by mysho22, June 19, 2017, 05:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mysho22

Thanks all!

Quote from: Big Rich on September 01, 2017, 08:22:20 PM
I dunno what kind of clear coat you used, but the majority of rattle can clears are not able to withstand gasoline. The one I always recommend (and have used for years) is Spraymax 2k Clear.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll absolutely pick some of that up and clear coat at the very least my gas tank again, and possibly other parts. I appreciate the advice!
Of the Motorcycles and Misfits podcast

The Buddha

Actually I am very disappointed in how anything stands up to gasoline. Not powdercoating not paint, nothing really does.
Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

iamhiding

Quote from: The Buddha on September 06, 2017, 06:40:30 AM
Actually I am very disappointed in how anything stands up to gasoline. Not powdercoating not paint, nothing really does.
Cool.
Buddha.

ain't that the truth! and the more careful you try to be the more likely you are to have a spill  :icon_rolleyes: :icon_lol: i've seen petrol resistant lacquer in a few shops but i think it's got slightly different characteristics in that it goes cloudy quite quickly with UV so it forever needs a polish... from what I've heard anyway.
current project list:
//cbr 600 f3 fighter
//gsxr 1100 mental oldskool supersport
//gs500 daily rat tracker cafe fighter that changes every couple of month... cafe fighter?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk