News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

Funny thing happened at the gas station today.....

Started by Big Rich, July 23, 2017, 06:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Rich

Ok, this one made my day......

I stopped for gas at a Get Go in what is considered the "bad" part of town. Since I was on my way to work I figured I would stop inside for some stuff. For a mental picture: I'm wearing a black / gray ARC Battle Born suit, no helmet or gloves, Buff on my head to suck up sweat, and ear plugs still in (but under the Buff). I put my drink on the counter and ask for something behind the counter - and when the kid turns away I hear him say something about "bungees"......

He turns around to me and I'm confused (and he was muffled because of my ear plugs). "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

Kid: "Are you going bungee jumping?"

Me (now even more confused): "Uhhhhhhh..... bungee jumping?"

Kid: "Yeah.... your suit. Is that a bungee jumping suit?"

Me (now laughing) : "No sir". I point outside to the pump where the bike is parked.

Kid: "Oh! That's a rad motorcycle suit! I saw all the padding and thought it had to be for bungee jumping or something!" Then he started going on about he would be too scared to bungee jump, but might try indoor skydiving, etc,etc.

We both laughed about it, and I told the kid he made my day. Sure wasn't expecting that......
83 GR650 (riding / rolling project)

It's opener there in the wide open air...

yamahonkawazuki

lol.   on a semi related note, i live in a town where the only gas stations are called "git n go" theres a weigels outside of town and a marathon etc. but predominately git n go is it.
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

ShowBizWolf

Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

Watcher

I used to get something similar all the time.

I'd wear my Kriega backpack fairly often and people in gas stations would ask me if I'm Skydiving.

Yeah, dude, I just landed in the parking lot.  Good thing, too, cause I'm thirsty!   :laugh:
"The point of a journey is not to arrive..."

-Neil Peart

ShowBizWolf

Haha that's another good one!!

Nothing like that has ever happened to me when I had the bike but it IS pretty comical to see people try to figure out the Turtle Van.

Some people are downright rude which is to be expected cuz people suck lol... :flipoff:

...but some people have actually asked me if it's one of those "storm chaser" vans... or Ghostbusters... and I'm like, "Uh.. not quite." :icon_rolleyes:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

yamahonkawazuki

could always walk in with a surplus parachute hanging over shoulder. i alwayys wore a glock backpack. people got nervous for some reason. but that thing had compartments for everything. up to and including guns. really confused them if i also wore my smith and wesson holster vest.  idk. lol.
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk