News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

Yoshimura TRS install

Started by Mephisto, April 25, 2018, 06:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephisto

Hi guys and gals,

I'm new to this board, so this is my first topic. Please be indulgent with me. :icon_razz:

I looking forward to install a Yoshimura TRS stainless slip-on on my '05 GS500F. I've heard from my mechanic that re-jetting is mandatory to make the new install work, while others say they went through the install without re-jetting at all.

The installation manual doesn't state anything about carb settings :

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/images/115026(2,5,7).pdf

Any useful thoughts?

Thanks!  :cheers:
2005 Suzuki GS500F

Yoshimura TRS slip-on (still to come)
K&N Lunchbox RU-2970 (still to come)

cbrfxr67

one of my favorite games ever,...

Welcome and  :dunno_black: where pics?  Personally I probably wouldn't do any change after install unless I noticed some crappiness,....
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

The Buddha

I have a Ti TRS on my 95. I run 125/40 in a 95 carb rack, and I'd run 20/132.5/1 washer/3 turns in the 05 rack.
But then again, I rejet a stock pipe bike.
Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Mephisto

Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate.  :thumb:

Pipe looks like this :

2005 Suzuki GS500F

mr72

Rejetting won't be strictly necessary. If you are running the "baffle" (aka "silencer" etc., plug-like thing that reduces noise) then rejetting won't be even beneficial at all.

If you are running the pipe open then you could +1 size the main jet if you are still on the stock main jet, since what was a little tiny bit lean will now be a little tiny bit more lean but still not enough to really stress over. Next time you have the carbs apart, put a one-size-bigger-than-stock main jet.

philward

If you do decide to rejet then you might also be interested in changing from the stock airbox to the lunchbox (K&N RU-2970).

By far the most complex/tedious part of what you are going to do is opening up the carbs and changing the jets so you might want to just go the whole hog.  The cutting and fitting the exhaust is a doddle (as is the filter change).

I ran the TRS and lunchbox on 22.5/65/147.5 and it all ran like a champ (both with and without the restrictor).
Formerly:
'05 GS500F
fairingless, twin dominator headlights, MC case-guards, alu pegs, alu bar-ends, Yoshi TRS + K&N RU-2970 (22.5/65/147.5), twin Stebel HF80/2 horns, fenderectomy, Oxford HotGrips

Currently:
Honda CBF1000

Mephisto

Thanks guys! You all deserve Karma upgrades. :thumb:
2005 Suzuki GS500F

Mephisto

Quote from: philward on April 26, 2018, 12:40:56 AM
I ran the TRS and lunchbox on 22.5/65/147.5 and it all ran like a champ (both with and without the restrictor).

I understand that 147.5 is the main jet value, but can you please explain what the two other numbers mean (pilot jet, etc)?
2005 Suzuki GS500F

philward

Yeah pilot mid and main.  And  obviously being dual carb you will need two of each.
Formerly:
'05 GS500F
fairingless, twin dominator headlights, MC case-guards, alu pegs, alu bar-ends, Yoshi TRS + K&N RU-2970 (22.5/65/147.5), twin Stebel HF80/2 horns, fenderectomy, Oxford HotGrips

Currently:
Honda CBF1000

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk