News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Clymer manual Here

Main Menu

New Lurker! Austin, TX

Started by Unclewhitey, September 30, 2014, 09:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unclewhitey

Hi all.

I have a 1994 GS500e and I love the bike so far.  Its been a ton of fun around town in Austin.  I would love to go ride with a few folks if anyone is in the area. 
1994 GS500e  SV650 Throttle Tube - K&N Lunchbox Filter - .85KG Sonic Springs - Katana 600 Shock - Heavy Duty Fork Brace

ShowBizWolf

Welcome to the forum!  Glad you are enjoying your GS... any pics to share with us?  :icon_mrgreen:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

Unclewhitey

Sure thing.  I have a 1994 GS500e and it was the best 1200 I have spent in a long time.

1994 GS500e  SV650 Throttle Tube - K&N Lunchbox Filter - .85KG Sonic Springs - Katana 600 Shock - Heavy Duty Fork Brace

ShowBizWolf

Omg wow does that look clean!!  I love the red with the white rims  :rstar:  Thanks for posting up a pic!  Anything ya plan to do to it?
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

Unclewhitey

I only have a few small plans for it.  It already has a K&N lunchbox filter on it which saves me some time right there. 

I switched the bike over to some Bikemaster European bars the other week and installed a SV650 throttle tube. 

The throttle tube swap was one of the best thing I could have done on the bike. Its so much better giving a shorter twist.

My next plan is to swap the rear shock for a Katana 600.

Its a great bike so far and I think it might just get better and better.

PantheraLeo

I did the Katana shock change.  Its a great, cheap, and simple swap!  I also did my front springs, too.  The stiffer suspension is a really noticeable improvement in handling and cornering!  Do it, you won't be disappointed.

Roaring via Tapatalk.

Katana 600 rear shock, 0.85 Sonic Springs
Shortened Signal Stalks
Fenderectomy
Fairing Repair/repaint
Yoshimura

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk