News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

ElementRB - GS in OZ

Started by ElementRB, April 10, 2017, 04:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peteGS

Nice work! My 450 is due for a service soon and I've been putting off a fork oil swap for a little while... it needs to be done!

I've been remiss and haven't pinged you for a ride yet either.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

ElementRB

Few parts arrived in the last weeks, today was a new led projector headlight.
I have learnt that the guy before me replaced the head light with a cheap almost one piece setup instead of the lamp unit being sandwiched between the mounting ring and the other ring... weird. So that has to change for the new LED unit to fit.

The headlight on the GS right now does not look like this:

Demo fitting to see it on the bike, is much whiter in person.

Close ups:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElementRB

Also replaced the front (for now) indicators with some slightly more modern and DOT approved lamps off I think a cbr125 or something... hunting down the same for the rear now =)

ShowBizWolf

Nice headlight, ElementRB! It's gonna look great :cool:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

ElementRB

Ok, thanks to partzilla, I have found that after 1996 the GS500ET was the last to have the multi ring style headlight housing. Ordering parts as needed now =)

ElementRB

Well headlight is done thanks to a sneaky swap of headlight inner parts with my cousins aftermarket XJ650 unit.

Now to apply some reflective rim tape and see if I like it.... uncertain yet

ElementRB

Hmm, not sure

ElementRB

Ok, it's growing on me...

peteGS

Nice work!

That rim tape works well... it's the only bit of colour so it stands out without being over the top  :thumb:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

cbrfxr67

Love it,...looking fabnastic!  How's the light output at night?
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

ElementRB

Output is amazing, cutoff is bang on the money and the spread is that much better for seeing shaZam! that might try to cross my path... that and high beam hits signs half a kilometre up the road now!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk