News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Clymer manual Here

Main Menu

GS500E 91 project

Started by hummerfam, April 14, 2019, 07:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hummerfam

Hey all just got this a couple of months ago and am taking on a project rebuild and thought I would post up.  Any ideas, suggestions, helpful tips, humor and or encouragement would be great thanks!  Here goes nothing.   :woohoo:

1991 Suzuki GS500

hummerfam

1991 Suzuki GS500

hummerfam

A Little bit of work and some paint.
1991 Suzuki GS500

Joolstacho

Ooooh that's a scary image... a man with an angle-ginder!  :o
Beam me up Scottie....

ShowBizWolf

Very cool thread so far, girl! Can't wait to see the progress as you go along.
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

hummerfam

1991 Suzuki GS500

hummerfam

Playing with it in the yard.
1991 Suzuki GS500

cbrfxr67

cant wait to see your progress and hear some details on your experience!
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

hummerfam

So apparently the forks leak so I need to replace seals and I cannot for the life of me get the damn magneto off so I can get to my cranksharf. :technical:  so frustrated right now.
1991 Suzuki GS500

Meukowi

painting it all black?
special black edition

Armandorf

to extract the magnto you can use a bolt in the inner thread, i believe it was m16 x 1,25mm. check it.  as you turn the bolt eventually reaches bottom of the hole and pushes it out

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk