Author Topic: Indicators  (Read 39 times)

Offline John o keeffe

• Local Club Racer
Indicators
« on: September 22, 2022, 12:09:14 PM »
Hi all,
          I want to fit l.e.d.lights to my project gs 500e
           Anybody with advice on this process would be very appreciated. Is it a plug and go job ? what lights to go for etc
                                         Thanks

Offline mr72

• MotoGP Racer
  • Musician, Engineer, Sci-Fi Author
    • Josh's Books
Re: Indicators
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 12:24:26 PM »
By indicators, you mean the dashboard, right? Oil pressure, high beams, neutral, turn signal?

It's plug and play for three of them as long as you have LEDs that fit, and they are a dime a dozen. But the LEDs have polarity so you have to get that right when you hook them up.

You will have to do the "diode mod" and rewire the turn signal indicator socket in order to use an LED. Search the forum, you'll find the info. But the basics are that you have to cut the wires to the socket and rewire them with a pair of diodes and hooking one to ground.

Offline Bluesmudge

• MotoGP Racer
Re: Indicators
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 03:09:17 PM »
I think he means LED turn signals. You still need to do the diode mod or the turn signals will all flash at once.

Here is the easy button for the diode modification (cheap and there is a "wiring diagram" on that page too):

https://www.superbrightleds.com/metric-bike-diode-kit-motorcycle-diode-kit

You also need to replace the flasher with an electronic flasher that will work correctly with the lower load of the LED turn signals.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk