News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

Some good deals on Ebay!

Started by adidasguy, October 27, 2011, 12:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tombstones81

Yeah its located only like an hour, hour and a half drive Tops from where I am.

Been in contact with the seller and as long as it doesnt sell by next Friday, im def buying it.

instead of rebuilding my original 94 (to make the reason for buying it short)
which would end up costing a bit more.

(edit)
Big thanks for posting that adidas!!

After some msgs in the past 24 hrs.

He is going to hold it for me until I get paid as long as I pay the asking price.
Which is perfectly fine by me  :thumb:

So in a week, shes All mine  :thumb:
94 GS500
01 Engine
Personally repainted!  (Traded)

87 Honda VF700C Magna
(Super Magna)

adidasguy

codajastal

I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

Kryptik25

You say youre a parts whore....
You wouldn't happen to have forks and a wheel to fit a 08GS would you?
I'd be willing to pay for postage and handeling as i live in AUS
But i'm desperate for these i got quoted $560 each for just the inners new yesterday and almost cried...
much love
Kryptik25

bombsquad83

I asked the eBay seller if he had the mounting hardware for the cowl and he said no, only the cowl itself.

adidasguy

1. Don't know about shipping of forks and wheel. I'd have to spend some time determining that. I happen to be getting into my busy season for business (the bowling business - software - with new release in 2 months) so I'm getting really busy and not devoting much time to parts except easy local people picking up things.

2. Headlight cowling mountings can be copied from existing ones. Not that hard to do.

3. Don't know about shipping a headlight cowling, either. I'm not buying it as I still have a couple I'm not using right now.

Kryptik25

Well if you do decide you would like or be able to ship the forks i would appreciate it. Either way what ever you decide would you be able to let me know please. my email address is b_rad_c25_93@hotmail.com
thankyou.

adidasguy

As soon as I take care of 2 people's parts I'm pretty much out of it for a couple months with business. It takes a lot of time to get parts out, check them, pack them and ship them.

steezin_and_wheezin

Quote from: adidasguy on June 08, 2012, 11:03:32 AM
..It takes a lot of time to get parts out, check them, pack them and ship them.

+ a big ONE! Definitely lots more time consuming when you take care and pack parts properly.

Adidas always handles any GS parts with extreme care! Good luck with the new software releases Adidas!

if yer binders ain't squeakin, you ain't tweakin!

adidasguy

Motor is still there. No one bid yet. Good deal - even if you include the shipping.

adidasguy

Saw a motor on ebay in Texas. Starting bid $125 and no bids yet.
I wonder why? Kind of funny - - - - Bolding & stuff by me --- but might be a good deal for a bottom end.

Damage not severe head will probably have to be replaced. Not severe?

Hi,

Up for sale is a GS 500 motor that will work in several years of the GS 500 family. This motor does NOT run and I can tell you exactly why it doesn't.  It swallowed a valve seat! There is some upper engine/cylinder damage because of this.  It happened while the motor was at idle so the damage is not severe.  The head will probably have to be replaced.  The stator is not included.  All the connectors are fine except for the ignition connector, it's cracked. The right side cover looks okay but the left one is scratched.  I don't know the exact mileage but when the bike was bought in it had about 2500 miles on it.  This engine will need to be repaired before it's installed in anything.   Also included is the PAIR valve. This has been stored indoors under a cover. 

FYI: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110934943489?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

weedahoe

if it were closer.....MAYBE. But not with a shipping tag of 250. They are REALLY over inflating these shipping prices

+2 on packing and shipping. I ship things for my customers on Monday usually. It might fall back to Tues some weeks but it is an ALL DAY event. Packing, hot gluing, printing labels, ect. What a PITA
K&N Lunchbox
20/62.5/142.5
chromed pegs
R6 shock
89 aluminum knuckle
Lowering links
Bar mirrors w/LEDs
rear LED turns
89 clip ons
Dual Yoshi TRS
Gauge/Indicator LEDs
T- Rex sliders
HID retrofit
GSXR rear sets
Zero Gravity screen
Chrome Katana rims
Bandit hugger
Custom paint
Sonic springs

RossLH

Yeah $250 for shipping is a bit nuts. I just bought a motor (coincidentally also from El Paso) for a little under $500, and shipping to MD was included. Though it did show up, and this isn't a joke or exaggeration, in a rubbermaid bin. :icon_neutral: The Fedex guy walked out of his truck holding a rubbermaid container, hobbled halfway up my driveway, and said "It says this thing weighs 145lbs.....want to test it?"

I carried it up into the garage and laid it on the floor. It took my friend and I a good 20 minutes to get it into the bike. Thats 10 minutes of debating the contents of the container, 5 minutes to get it out of the container, and another 5 minutes to actually put it in the bike. :laugh:

adidasguy

Someone selling cam journal caps. For those with a cracked one and want to try just replacing one, here's your chance:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-90-Suzuki-GS500e-GS500-e-GS-500-Engine-Cylinder-Head-Camshaft-Journal-Caps-/200824005507?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec20b2383&vxp=mtr

Noticing lots of GS500 parts are getting pretty expensive!

craigs449

2001 Suzuki GS 500 "Commute Killer"
2008 Husqvarna 510 SMR
2002 Honda CR 250 "Project Pain-in-the-ass"
2001 Honda XR 50

weedahoe

I seen that last week and it didnt sell. Probably because he doesnt even know if it runs or not. Hell, it could be locked up like the last engine I got in a bike. Who want sot buy a $400 paper weight?
K&N Lunchbox
20/62.5/142.5
chromed pegs
R6 shock
89 aluminum knuckle
Lowering links
Bar mirrors w/LEDs
rear LED turns
89 clip ons
Dual Yoshi TRS
Gauge/Indicator LEDs
T- Rex sliders
HID retrofit
GSXR rear sets
Zero Gravity screen
Chrome Katana rims
Bandit hugger
Custom paint
Sonic springs

adidasguy

Quote from: weedahoe on October 24, 2012, 10:44:01 PM
I seen that last week and it didnt sell. Probably because he doesnt even know if it runs or not. Hell, it could be locked up like the last engine I got in a bike. Who want sot buy a $400 paper weight?

Link please?

Here's a frame with title. Why are so many of the GS500 parts in the south east?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-suzuki-gs500-frame-gs-500-complete-/330813080937?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d05ff0569

Especially when titling a bike in Washington is 5 minutes tops with a clean title - not even any inspection! I have 3 bare frames with license plates ready to be made into running bikes  :cookoo:

weedahoe

Quote from: adidasguy on October 24, 2012, 10:59:40 PM

Link please?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330817009234
K&N Lunchbox
20/62.5/142.5
chromed pegs
R6 shock
89 aluminum knuckle
Lowering links
Bar mirrors w/LEDs
rear LED turns
89 clip ons
Dual Yoshi TRS
Gauge/Indicator LEDs
T- Rex sliders
HID retrofit
GSXR rear sets
Zero Gravity screen
Chrome Katana rims
Bandit hugger
Custom paint
Sonic springs

craigs449

I would give him an offer if i was looking for a whole motor.....says it was laid down and the forks were bent....says he cant test it because he has no key, but on a bench the motor turns and it runs through the gears......I would buy it based on the fact that it ran when itt was crashed, and if it turns over, it is a fine motor.  Offer him $150.....fuggit!
2001 Suzuki GS 500 "Commute Killer"
2008 Husqvarna 510 SMR
2002 Honda CR 250 "Project Pain-in-the-ass"
2001 Honda XR 50

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk