News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

St. Louis Track?

Started by gregvhen, October 02, 2010, 08:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregvhen

anyone know any tracks in or near St. Louis? Kansas City? Jeff City? I cant find any and ive searched google a hundred times.

Golferluke

Here ya go, just google the names. Memphis is an oval track I think and gateway is oval with an infield track. I think all the others on that map are full tracks.

http://www.scca.com/divisions.aspx?div=mw
95 - GS500E
00 - Miata Ls

maverick72

Unfortunately gateway just closed this year.  So Now there are no good tracks in missouri, however there is a good one in joliet, IL called autobahn and of course Hallet in OK, and heartland park in topeka, kansas. 

wera90ex

Don't forget Putnam Park Raceway.  I think it's about 4 hrs east on 70 from St.Louis .

wesdabest787

isn't gate way reopening?

gregvhen

yea gateway reopened a couple months ago i think it was now, but they dont have alot of info on their site as far as road racing goes for bikes, but im going down there wed. to watch my buddy drag his camaro, and i was gonna run the gs until i ruined my tirgger coils. But i found a seller on here and it'll be running again soon enough.

wesdabest787

how does gateway work? can i just show up and ride?

BockinBboy

Last I checked Gateway was not doing open track days for motorcycles unless you can get in on drags, which I think they have these once a month or so... But no open oval track for anyone yet (again, last I checked, which was back when they had only been open for a month, and the lady I talked to was not very helpful).  Not sure how it works specifically for Gateway, but you definately cannot just show up for an open track day.  There is a fee for any track time you get, and you sign up for it, probably have to do a couple modifications for track riding to your vehicle/bike, and it may have to be inspected, probably some sort of class time involved too... There is probably more or less to it, but I didn't look into it much after I heard that they were only just opening the drag strip for open days about once a month.

- Bboy

Sonic Springs, R6 Shock, R6 Throttle Tube, Lowering Links, T-Rex Frame Sliders, SW-Motech Alu-Rack, SH46 Shad Topcase, Smoked Signals, Smoked LED Tailight, ZG Touring Windscreen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk