News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

Can't let the GS500 go.

Started by BassWoW, June 26, 2012, 03:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassWoW

Names Joe but Heres my story.

My first bike years back was a 1990 GS500, beautiful bike already had fenderectomy and other mods. I bought it for $1200 and my neighbor touched it because he's a striving mechanic..ya right. The carbs were leaking fuel. Took the carbs apart, cleaned and reassembled. Now the bike started bogging down everytime I throttled. Back to step one got the carbs apart and one of the vacuum o-rings was missing. Got one just like it at local motorcycle shop and bam it was fixed.

I had that for a few more months and moved on to a katana- beautiful bike but within a week it got stuck in first gear! - working on that bike was a PIA. Ended up trading that for a restored XJ-650 shaft driving. Beautiful restored bike.

Had that for a year and winter came along and traded that for a Jeep Cherokee. so winter pasts and I was hit up with a great offer.

A guy in Maine had a k4 gs500f. He was in need for money and offered it for $1000. I gave him $1200 because its worth a lot more. Needed a new back tire and new rear brakes. I got the brakes cheap the whole assemble caliper and lines and rear sets for 60$ and the tire was a bt-45.

I think I can't leave the gs500 series... I'm starting to mod it out slowly but just thought it was a conincidence.  :cheers: that worked out well.

besides that I'm in NH and not many gs owners out here! but this site is amazing. SO much information. Just A BIG thanks.
k4

codajastal

I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

BassWoW

Pics will be up tonight or tomorrow.  8)
k4

GI_JO_NATHAN

Awesome find. Yeah, we need pics.
Jonathan
'04 GS500
Quote from: POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks.
Get with the program!

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

BassWoW

1990 GS500

1982 xj650S shaft driven

Gs500f k4 and wife at laconia

k4

iclrag

haha those shaft driven bikes are a whole nother class of fun! i got to ride a 1100, talk a bout touchy!!!

BassWoW

Oh ya. It was a smooth ride. No issues at all. It was a lot of fun too.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk 2
k4

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: BassWoW on June 26, 2012, 03:36:05 PM
Names Joe but Heres my story.

My first bike years back was a 1990 GS500, beautiful bike already had fenderectomy and other mods. I bought it for $1200 and my neighbor touched it because he's a striving mechanic..ya right. The carbs were leaking fuel. Took the carbs apart, cleaned and reassembled. Now the bike started bogging down everytime I throttled. Back to step one got the carbs apart and one of the vacuum o-rings was missing. Got one just like it at local motorcycle shop and bam it was fixed.

I had that for a few more months and moved on to a katana- beautiful bike but within a week it got stuck in first gear! - working on that bike was a PIA. Ended up trading that for a restored XJ-650 shaft driving. Beautiful restored bike.

Had that for a year and winter came along and traded that for a Jeep Cherokee. so winter pasts and I was hit up with a great offer.

A guy in Maine had a k4 gs500f. He was in need for money and offered it for $1000. I gave him $1200 because its worth a lot more. Needed a new back tire and new rear brakes. I got the brakes cheap the whole assemble caliper and lines and rear sets for 60$ and the tire was a bt-45.

I think I can't leave the gs500 series... I'm starting to mod it out slowly but just thought it was a conincidence.  :cheers: that worked out well.

besides that I'm in NH and not many gs owners out here! but this site is amazing. SO much information. Just A BIG thanks.
my friend im in the same situation. ive owned harleys bmws etc. amongst other bikes. but have had 4 gs500's one of them twice. for a total of 5 gs'  first was a 97, second was a 92, 3rd was a 94, 4th was another 97 and 5 was too. same bike. the 94 had a yoshi pipe on it. i bought bike for $50 from a pawn shop. they lsot their ass on that one. they gave 700 for it. but since it wouldnt turn over, it sat. for 3 years. i knew what it was. so i said. if i can get this pig started its mine for $50 plus tax. k? ( with title ) if i cant. you made 50 bux from me and i leave. well, i took my other gs battery installed it, and replaced main fuse. took my jerry can and p[ut 1.5 gal into it. put it on prime. and fired up. they got pissed lol. but were laughing too. theyre like how did oyu know. i said. i own many of these bikes and am familiar with their issues.
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

BassWoW

my friend im in the same situation. ive owned harleys bmws etc. amongst other bikes. but have had 4 gs500's one of them twice. for a total of 5 gs'  first was a 97, second was a 92, 3rd was a 94, 4th was another 97 and 5 was too. same bike. the 94 had a yoshi pipe on it. i bought bike for $50 from a pawn shop. they lsot their ass on that one. they gave 700 for it. but since it wouldnt turn over, it sat. for 3 years. i knew what it was. so i said. if i can get this pig started its mine for $50 plus tax. k? ( with title ) if i cant. you made 50 bux from me and i leave. well, i took my other gs battery installed it, and replaced main fuse. took my jerry can and p[ut 1.5 gal into it. put it on prime. and fired up. they got pissed lol. but were laughing too. theyre like how did oyu know. i said. i own many of these bikes and am familiar with their issues.
[/quote]

I like that..Completely made me laugh. Thats an awesome deal for a bike and you showed them up! I like that story. So what are you running now??
k4

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

iclrag

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk