News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

Rejetting prices, details, and O rings

Started by The Buddha, April 11, 2008, 12:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Buddha

Whole carbs
89-00 - $45 and return shipping for carbs.
01+ - $50 and return shipping.

Jets only:
$25 shipped for 89-00.
$25 shipped for 01+ without mids, $33 with mids, overseas shipping $2 more.

Remember, these do not include O rings, needles, floats, anything really other than a light clean and rejet.

Drilling out stuff is extra $5 per thing that needs to be drilled. Brass caps on air screws are free but I cant guarantee the spigots wont get scraped etc in the process. Brass is a lot harder than cast aluminum and if you are unlucky the aluminum can split, crack, or get nicked while drilling the brass.

These are going to be done on a bench and lightly tested for leaks or other errors and then sent back. Now, if you have a specific issue please name it in a note, I will follow up and check it more thoroughly and tell you.

Remember this not a carburetor rebuild. I could do that but it will be well over $100 on top of jet costs. Swapping out 1-2 O rings pretty much is what all I have had to do so far on even the worst set of carbs. - Please see note on the bottom about this.

I also dont open the choke unless requested and paid for. 99% of carbs have good working chokes. Unless you tell me to open and clean it and pay for it, its going to stay in the carb.

I synch them by eyeball. if they have been synched already tell me, or if they look like they're in synch, I dont touch it.

Weird crap costs more - not just $$ but also time ... like DJ screw up's or busted pilot jet housing or leaks at the butterfly pivot etc etc ...
I have parts off other similar carbs, but when I am out of those, I will have to locate them some where and it takes time.
That is all I have so far on this, but I make it up as I go along.

Having said all this, in over 100 carbs, I am yet to lose a single one. I have brought back atleast 4 carbs from death and am working on the 5th.

Cool.
Buddha.

I might as well add to this.
Swapping O rings - I should do it as required, and How is $2 per pair of O rings that need to be swapped.
Usually float spigot and top O rings go, but of late I have swapped out float retaining O rings and the guide base O ring as well.
Maybe I should add a charge for opening the choke section too.
Then there is the breakables that may need replacing on the ocassional carb. On an as needed/available basis.

Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.

Tang

LMAO thought u were too lazy to do anything :-D i'm j/p that sounds reasonable :-D
1997 GS500E

The Buddha

Whaaaa ... oh yea ... I'd delete this post, but I am too lazy to do it.
Cool.
Buddha.

guitarking135

So if i send my carbs to you to be rejetted I would be good to go with a new exhaust then ? Right or wrong?

suzukimx4789

what size jets are for purchase? or is it any size that can be drilled out of the stock jets?
if it is any size ill be purchasing some #150 jets from you as soon as i get some extra $ as im neck deep in a new car project and have no $ cus o it lol
I Love Moto-Xing.... Never rode street...This will be interesting
SEMI-PRO IS THE shaZam!, THATS MY HOMETOWN

bucks1605

How much would you  charge to make some dyno jetted carbs run perfectly? I have a k&n lunchbox and yosh exhaust.
SV1000K3 Bought 03/17/09
1996 GS500E Sold 03/03/09

Jay_wolf

2001 Gs500 , Katana Gsx Front End, K3 Tank,, Full S S Predetor System ,Bandit Rear Hugger,Goodridge S S Break Lines ,  Belly Pan , , K+N LunchBox, Probolt Bolts, FSD Undertray With Built in Lights And Indicators. 
2008 Megelli 125 SM 14bhp
1996 Honda NSR 125cc 33bhp
2001 Mercades A160  115bhp

The Buddha

suzukimx4789 - Jets - as well as carbs - you have to tell me what you want - AKA what your setup is (filter and pipe). And no I dont drill stock jets. You'd have 122.5 with a larger hole in it, and you may forget a few years down the road and it will give you all sorts of confusion. I buy jets - they are marked and sized right and very consistent in their sizes, and they are under $4 a piece. No sense possibly screwing up you guys for that. And yes I have 150's for the 89-00 sitting in a box.

Guitarking - So yea I can rejet for a pipe as well as send you jets for a DIY.
DJ repair - ha ha, I usually take them off and charge you for needles, so

Bucks1605 - $55 and shipping ... unless you drilled the slides ... that will cost ya plenty more, but if you just put 1 plug in it, you can run it that way wiht stock needle. I believe the stock needles less severe taper lets the slide work better with 1 or 2 holes.

Jay_wolf - I can ship to europe, just dont want to take the extra risk, paper work and time but OK I'll do it, and of course you pay for the extra shipping. And yea no funky money with your face on it ... USD only ...  O0 ...

Hey, I should make stickers that say - "Jets by The Buddha" in some cool lettering and have that go with the thing huh ...
Cool.
Buddha.

bucks1605

Quote from: The Buddha on April 14, 2008, 07:13:54 AM
Bucks1605 - $55 and shipping ... unless you drilled the slides ... that will cost ya plenty more, but if you just put 1 plug in it, you can run it that way wiht stock needle. I believe the stock needles less severe taper lets the slide work better with 1 or 2 holes.

Cool.
Buddha.

Of course I drilled the slides! I was an idiot and followed their directions to a T. I drilled 2 holes in each slide and put in 2 plugs and it ran like shiz. So i pulled one of the plugs and now it runs better, but still not perfect. I still have the stock needles and jets.
SV1000K3 Bought 03/17/09

Tang

Okay i have a question about jetting

why is there drilling involved

and what kind of jets/pilots would i need?
1997 GS500E

Jay_wolf

If i cant get it running right . * i had it perfect on my 1996* , then ill look into it

thanks dude
2001 Gs500 , Katana Gsx Front End, K3 Tank,, Full S S Predetor System ,Bandit Rear Hugger,Goodridge S S Break Lines ,  Belly Pan , , K+N LunchBox, Probolt Bolts, FSD Undertray With Built in Lights And Indicators. 

The Buddha

Bucks - I have the slides, after so many moons of looking for it I recently found some, I have a pack of 4 I liberated from these 33's off a katana. I'd sell you a pair for $20.
Tang - I dont drill anything other than the caps on the air screws. Or sheite that is stuck and stripped. Slides - my method needs slides that are intact. So I dont touch the holes in them.
Jay_wolf - yes, I always encourage people to help themselves - that is what the Buddha is all about.
Cool.
Buddha.

bucks1605

that's a good deal, let me think about for a few days. I need to figure out what jets I would need.
SV1000K3 Bought 03/17/09

p51mustang

Hey Buddha,

I got some slides & gulides, diaphrams from you back a month or so and after I replaced them ! I still have the same Bogging?? their was not much change, up to 6500RPM.
my plugs look good changed three times with test runs, and now it Boggs out when you crack the throttle fast?..  :icon_confused:.. sould this be the fuel valve? Running
on prime- makes no change in the problem, I just filled up with 89 oct, and added gas booster,a Month back when I took down the carbs ! there was rust in them stuck in the top's, found some holes in the diaphrams,
Did a total cleaning put in the parts I got from you after cleaning them, After putting all together & I made the 1 GAL, test tank & tided it in the main gas line ! & Ran great
at first. Put bike tank on, changed plugs started right up! But Ran no better? & Riding it up a hill as slower then a schooter? the speed drops 60 to 48 fast?? & I put a in line
filter & it is still clean :icon_confused: :icon_confused: p51 mustang..

Jay_wolf

Well i think taking the carbs apart is annoying , if i cant get it to run gd this week
before it was lovely , then the damn 2001 carbs came in

The Buddha

Quote from: Jay_wolf on April 15, 2008, 04:53:19 PM
Well i think taking the carbs apart is annoying , if i cant get it to run gd this week
before it was lovely , then the damn 2001 carbs came in

Oh yea, there is no reason the 01 carbs will work better than the 89-00. 89-00's are easier to fix up as well.
Cool.
Buddha.

P51mustang - You have fuel supply issues ??? how is your tank venting and hose routing. Make small changes and check it. How does it run without air filter, how about without air box. Yea your exhaust has a possum crawled up inside and pitched tent for winter ??
1 at a time bro it all has to be cleaned up.
Cool.
Buddha.

p51mustang

Hey Buddha,

This is what I've done checked petcock! it's a new one?.The suzuki shop put on. Used carb cleaner all through the carbs cleaning them .Put new gas lines on, put a in line gas filter! The filter like mealted from the onside :dunno_white: took filter to shop to get my 4.00 bucks or a new one! No Go they don't warranty filters, They have a brass one for 20.00 ? But do I need realey IT ? And  said the tech in 30 Yrs
He has never seen a gas filter do that & some Bikes don't Run good with a inline filter!!Took carbs back apart set the float hight to 14.6mm- Right side was low at 12.2mm. Checked the carb mounts to Engine and found gas leak at seal, removed and the rubber O- ring was cracked, & mounts are dirty as crapp, with them off you can see the intake valves Black & Gunked up!! Buddha have you used Sea foam to clean a Engines insides? If so how much per Gal.?
Still looking for the Possum, :) They say the F1s is hard too get jetted right? and I'm going to put a K&N lunch box on in a week or so!! PS on 4th set of test plugs they look
good! by the book?..

The Buddha

Carbon in the valves isn't bad. Anyway, all the dry rotted rubber ... yea you're gonna have to replace. Then the gas leak, air leak, oil leak ... all of those are bad  :laugh: ...
Else you just gotta stay with it. K&N and F1 pipe do 150 mains. Now you asked for 150 or 125 ... dont recall ... but anyway, yea floats have to be right on both, and clean etc etc.
Cool.
Buddha.

p51mustang

COOL Buddha  may PM about some 150 jets.  :thumb:
Thanks Ron

The Buddha

Well what did you ask for last month. That was what I put in, may need to check before you just buy more jets, oh wait a sec ... I send you slides, guides and stuff, not jets ... then forget it, you need a whole rejet package 40/150/washer and float bowl bolts.
Cool.
Buddha.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk