News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

Jacobs CBR Build

Started by jacob92icu, January 04, 2014, 10:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacob92icu

Hey guys, for those of  you who remember my thread with my gs500 you know that I got hit and it got totaled. I rebuilt all the stuff and fixed the messed up paint and other cosmetics and ended up selling it for 1400, sad day :(

Shortly before selling I picked up my 2003 cbr600rr and I figured I would make a thread for this forum along with the dotnet forum cause I missed it! This is how it looked when I got it

First thing I did was remove that stupid monster sticker. After that I did some much needed maintenance. New pilot power 3's, gold ek 520 chain with driven sprockets and gold sprocket nuts, castrol 4t semi synthetic oil change, and topped off the antifreeze.

I also picked up a great quality tyre art paint pen on ebay

I fell upon this super deal for 250 bucks, a 2005 cbr inverted front end. This was everything I need besides some 48mm clip ons and brake lines. I ordered some core moto gold ss lines and some woodcraft clip ons, so I will be completing the swap next weekend at Patricks.

I am into buying bikes that people have given up on and fixing them up!

RIP Patrick Lajko, I miss you man.

jacob92icu

Here's the bike as it sits now, just added some more stickers also a complete fairing fastener kit in gold! I also got a full honda cbr600rr carbon fiber decal kit. I will be getting a new fairing kit relatively soon and probably turning these into race fairings but I need help with ideas for the new fairings. Feel free to toss out some if anyone knows anything about cbrs, I would like to keep it either 03-04 oem colors or 05-06 oem colors.

jacob92icu

The big mods it had when I picked it up is the dually IXIL exhaust and a cobra Fi2000 tuner.

I have a few mods that will be coming along with the new front end:

- Gold ASV shorty levers with red adjusters (ordered and in the mail)
- Driven D3 grips, gold with red gel grips
- Carbon fiber accessories, fender, gas cap, hugger, etc...
- New fairing kit
- Engine case savers
- P/Cing various bits
- 2007+ front mastercylinder/resevoir
- Colored coolant tubes
and many other things that I cant think of at this time.

Stay tuned!!

Golly

Noice!!!

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk

yamahonkawazuki

If you ever wanted a loud paint job, how bout 1" squares in red and black.  over the ENTIRE bike.

Aaron

Sent from my computer using tapakey
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

jacob92icu

Quote from: yamahonkawazuki on January 06, 2014, 11:58:36 PM
If you ever wanted a loud paint job, how bout 1" squares in red and black.  over the ENTIRE bike.

Aaron

Sent from my computer using tapakey

Haha that would be ridiculous Yamaha! i want some oem replica paint job from auctmarts

mustangGT90210

I love how the GStwin build section is only half GS's now lol. That CBR looks great jacob, I'm a bit jealous!
'93 GS - Clubmans - '04 tank/seat - Custom "slip" on - Airtech fender - Drag Specialties speedometer - GSXR drag bike grips - GSXR pegs - Lunchbox - Re-jet - Sold!

-94 GSX-R 750 - Sold

-02 SV650 - Crashed, sold for parts

-96 Bandit 600 - Sold

-93 Intruder 800 - bobbed out basket case,new project

jacob92icu

Haha thanks Mustang! Theres a few out there. Adidas is keeping it alive too!

Speaking of other bikes than gs500, How is your GSXR coming??

jacob92icu

So no real update, but I got my woodcraft clip ons in the mail, came with some nice revzilla stickers and woodcraft stickers :) Revzilla takes some serious pride in securing their packages with care.

However, the freaking motion pro seal driver I ordered on ebay is coming in late.. Unless it miraculously makes it on time tomorrow, I will have to wait like two more weekends to do the swap and replace the seals/oil due to future occupied weekends...  :cry:

Next thing that is showing up really late is the ASV levers. When they were purchased they said the levers were on back order, so I have to wait not only for motomummy to get more, but also for them to anodize everything and let it cure. That process started a while ago, so they should be here soon. I dont blame motomummy, Im sure its been a busy season.

I just want my parts :( lol

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: mustangGT90210 on January 09, 2014, 10:21:36 AM
I love how the GStwin build section is only half GS's now lol. That CBR looks great jacob, I'm a bit jealous!
we are a family here of all things. albeit sometimes dysfunctional lol. everything from a goped to a cbr withqa  few gs' thrown in for good measure.
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

jacob92icu

Quote from: yamahonkawazuki on January 10, 2014, 12:06:42 AM
we are a family here of all things. albeit sometimes dysfunctional lol. everything from a goped to a cbr withqa  few gs' thrown in for good measure.

I must say Yama, before seeing your thread and the various videos you posted, I never knew there was such people so heavily vested into gopeds! Hahaha.

mustangGT90210

Quote from: jacob92icu on January 09, 2014, 10:52:09 PM
Haha thanks Mustang! Theres a few out there. Adidas is keeping it alive too!

Speaking of other bikes than gs500, How is your GSXR coming??

My 750 is dead. I traded it for a '96 Cherokee 5 speed because my sister wanted the jeep and I was trying to sell the gix. So in the end I got $1800 for my 750, which was a ticking time bomb of an electrical nightmare. I had to hardwire 4 harness connections, the guy I traded it to had to hardwire 3 more to keep it running, and it had started losing spark 100% sporadically.

That was a month ago, and I picked up an 2002 SV650 last week :D I think I'll start a build thread here for it... Hehe
'93 GS - Clubmans - '04 tank/seat - Custom "slip" on - Airtech fender - Drag Specialties speedometer - GSXR drag bike grips - GSXR pegs - Lunchbox - Re-jet - Sold!

-94 GSX-R 750 - Sold

-96 Bandit 600 - Sold

jacob92icu

Got the ASV levers from motomummy and installed em, looking sooooper good. Makes me want to do the fork swap even more!

Also painted the mounting bolts gold while I was prepping

jacob92icu

Just got the motion pro fork seal drivers, gunna go over to patricks tomorrow to at least swap the oil and change the seals.

jacob92icu

Finally swapped the fork seals and changed out the oil. Feeling perfect!! Going to ride to Patricks in the morning and complete the swap. So excited! Pictures will come tomorrow.

jacob92icu

Big up date!

Sooooo, after a few set backs, broken spring collar, buying 2 pairs of seals cause I messed up, andddddd... possibly maybe installing the front calipers backwards at first........ I got the front fork swap done!!!!

I really love the look of the inverted forks, and havent seen the improvement in braking with the radial mounted calipers, probably cause the pads still need to wear to the rotors. So with this fork swap also came new stainless gold core moto brake lines, awesome! And new woodcraft clip ons.

Brake lines:

Clip ons:

Woodcraft with a 1.5 inch rise. No clearance issues so far, other than the forks rubbing against the air duct cover on the right side.

And heres some pictures of everything I did:
Removed the fairings and hooked it up to the overhead hoist with some ratchet straps

Took all the 03 forks off and greased the hell out of the stem bearings on the 05 stem and installed it and all the other 05 junk, AWESOME :banger:

Put the caliper on... the wrong side upside down... :retard:

Installed them correctly this time and bled the brakes:

Rear line:

Only thing I am not happy about is that somewhere along the lines I unplugged something and my bike did not like it cause now after reconnecting everything, the oil light blinks 8 times (bad throttle positioning or something I think). So I will go down and take off the nose fairing and clean and reconnect the headlight and dash connections and what not.

jacob92icu

Heres how it sits now!

mustangGT90210

Great work! Excuse the drool puddle... lol

-94 GSX-R 750 - Sold

-96 Bandit 600 - Sold

jacob92icu

Haha thanks mustang.

I would like to start powder coating things, but then ill need to get new swing arm bearings and what not. next upgrade will most likely be driven d3 grips.

I'm also searching pretty thoroughly for a cost effective master cylinder from newer cbr. I'll keep this thread updated.

jacob92icu

Soooo, I havent updated this thread for a while, but I picked up and 07 600rr radial front master cylinder to replace the ugly axial block master cylinder and reservoir, that will get bleed this thursday and pictures will come. Also picked up another gold ASV shorty lever, cause I needed the one for the 07 cbr. Other than that I have a full fairing kit on the way from auctmarts, I am keeping the fairing choice a secret to the 600rr forum, but I figured I would let you guys know what it is. It is a full red fairing kit, with carbon fiber look decals, in the oem tribal pattern for the 2005 cbr600rr. I think it will look pretty slick. I also opted for the 2005-06 front nose fairing, cause they look sharper imo.

Some other mods I installed are Skurr carbon fiber gas cap cover and triple tree cover. I also have an HRC real carbon fiber tank pad coming in the mail for the new fairings. Heres some pictures:

Also went to the bike show with adidasguy and brianrc and saw Jorge Lorenzos M1! Awesome...

More pictures to come when I get the fairings and master cylinder all bled.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk