News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

Under tail question

Started by gregvhen, November 22, 2009, 09:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregvhen

Is that dent in the plastic peice above the wheel really necesarry? as a 130 lb 5' 6" person am I really gonna need that?  I want to Take that out and put a flat peice of metal in its place, for looks and for way more storage. Even at 150 do you think ill need it? (im bulkin up the ol guns :2guns:)   alright i aint, im still scrowny like this guy  :dunno_white:. but to anyone not reading this post im still huge and cool  O0.

anyway.... the question above.

black and silver twin

rear suspension is real soft on the gs. if you preload the crap out of it then youll prolly be fine for normal driving, unless you go two up. but if you do 1 whellie you will hit your new piece of metal on the tire, stopping the rotation and prolly go down.
07 black GS500F; fenderectomy, NGK DPR9EIX-9 plugs, 15T sprocket, Jardine exhaust, K&N lunchbox, 20-62.5-152.5 jets 1 washer, timing advance 6*, flushmount signals,Tommaselli clipons over tree, sv650 throttle, 20w forkoil, sport demon tires, Buddha fork brace, Goodridge SS lines, double bubble

jeremy_nash

as long as you dont ride 2 up, you should be fine.  but I may be wrong, and i may be drunk.  follow my advice at your own risk!
gsxr shock
katana FE
99 katana front rim swap
vapor gauge cluster
14 tooth sprocket
95 on an 89 frame
lunchbox
V&H ssr2 muffler
jetted carbs
150-70-17 pilot road rear
120-70-17 sportmax front
sv650 rear wheel
sv650 tail swap
gsxr pegs
GP shift

tt_four

I wondered the same thing when i replaced my tail plastics and seat. I'm only 145lbs, but in the end I decided that it'd definitely not be a good idea. You could fit something across there without the tire hitting, but I'm just about positive that it would rub the first time you hit a bump.

gregvhen

yea i took a close look at it today and decided that if i really want to do that in the future (like after saftey inspection) ill raise the angle of the subframe first.

tt_four

Take a sheet of thick paper, tape it over that indent on your undertail, and go ride around for a couple hours making sure to find some railroad tracks and some pot holes, and see what happens. If the paper has some tire marks or is ripped, or even completely gone by the time you're done, you'll know it isn't going to work.

gregvhen

Quote from: tt_four on November 23, 2009, 01:06:51 PM
Take a sheet of thick paper, tape it over that indent on your undertail, and go ride around for a couple hours making sure to find some railroad tracks and some pot holes, and see what happens. If the paper has some tire marks or is ripped, or even completely gone by the time you're done, you'll know it isn't going to work.

haha i was tihnking the same thing  :laugh:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk