News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

My 95 GS500E Project! Tell me what you think so far!

Started by cosmiccharlie, April 30, 2007, 06:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmiccharlie

I picked up this 1995 GS500 in February from board member Carbednotch.  Thanks man!  :D  It definitely needed some work, but the price was right so I couldn't pass it up!  This is what it looked like when I bought it (except for the Ducati seat, I bought that later).  I had the bike running the day after I brought it home with little work.

Here is a photoshop of the look I am going for!  Pretty sweet, eh?!!

The first thing I bought for the GS was the Ducati Monster seat seen in the pics above.  Then I started dismantling!!  This was fun!! 

After the bike was dismantled, I started stripping old paint and repainting.  Here are some examples.

cosmiccharlie

My new 2001 tank finally came in!!  It is in pretty good shape!!

Stripped the wheels and repainted them GOLD!!!

This is what it looks like as of today.  Next step will be taking it to a local bike shop to have the seat frame fabricated and then disassemble so the frame and swingarm can be sandblasted. 

SmartDrug

That looks like a huge headache, but I must say that the results thus far are great!  Congrats man!  I like the gold rims, very Subaru (nice Impreza BTW).  Post more pics as the project progresses.
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Aequitas - Veritas
KWS Superbike GSXR-1000
Honda S2000
Suzuki M109R

cosmiccharlie

No headache, just need a little patience, that's all.  Plus I like projects!  :cheers: 

Thanks for the complements on the Impreza!  It has also been a project, sort of.  I just got it back from the paint shop, so it is done for now.  I will be swapping in a 2004-05 Impreza STi motor in the future. 

ice77

That photoshop job looks very impressive. One thing you have to take into account is at the end of the day, your still only going to have a GS500.  Please don't be offended by this as it's not my intention to put you off.

It has taken my over three years to get mine to the stage it is. USD forks, twin disc frontend, R1 yamaha tail, custom subframe, fuel injected turbo charged, and the list goes on, but it's still a GS500.

The best advice I can give is, don't spend more that what you can sell it for unless you plan on keeping it for a very long time.

Good luck.

cosmiccharlie

No offence taken.   :thumb:  I won't have much money in it when it is done.  And I plan on keeping it for a very long time.

Mr Hyde

I like the photochop picture.. my 05 GS has yellow/orange wheels now  (along with a new set of fairings)... It looks great..
05' GS500 E to F conversion, sm2, progressive springs, 15t sprocket, Kat rear wheel. K&N, V&H pipe, jets, 110/150 rubber/ flushmount led's, zero gravity DB, and other things to tinker on

FearedGS500

i like it keep it up !!! keep us updated!!!!  yea .. it may still be only a gs500 at the end of the day .. but it will be a damn good looking one that will still stuff a 600-1000 in the twistes any day of the week !!!  :flipoff: :o :D

The Buddha

Quote from: icebaby on April 30, 2007, 08:36:51 AM
That photoshop job looks very impressive. One thing you have to take into account is at the end of the day, your still only going to have a GS500.  Please don't be offended by this as it's not my intention to put you off.

It has taken my over three years to get mine to the stage it is. USD forks, twin disc frontend, R1 yamaha tail, custom subframe, fuel injected turbo charged, and the list goes on, but it's still a GS500.

The best advice I can give is, don't spend more that what you can sell it for unless you plan on keeping it for a very long time.

Good luck.

Yea I am taking mine down that road too.
Just yanked the motor, will weld up all the crevices on the frame and swingarm and powdercoat it black, then Katana FE, Bandit 400 rear wheel etc etc etc ... Anyone want a $2500 GS500 ??? ... anyone ??? anyone ... Bueller ???
Cool.
Srinath.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

cosmiccharlie

What does it take to make the Bandit wheel fit?  It is a 4" right?  I would like to run a 150 tire. I know it can be done on the 3.5 wheel, just not sure what tires will fit.  I have heard the conti road attacks fit.  I have also heard of someone running a 150 pirelli dragon supercorsa.   

Jim Knopf

servus,

you can use the swingarm from the 600 bandit with the 4,5" wheel. you can use a 160 tyre.

look here:

spc

Jim, I'm coming to the conclusion that you have too much time and/or money :laugh: :laugh:

Jim Knopf

Quote from: spcterry on April 30, 2007, 10:11:40 AM
Jim, I'm coming to the conclusion that you have too much time and/or money :laugh: :laugh:

too much time! ;)

when you take a Bandit 1200 swingarm, you can use a 5,5" wheel with 180 tyre or a 6,25" with 200 tyre like here:

cosmiccharlie

Quote from: Jim Knopf on April 30, 2007, 10:09:53 AM
servus,

you can use the swingarm from the 600 bandit with the 4,5" wheel. you can use a 160 tyre.

So I would need the swingarm, wheel, caliper, rotor, torque rod and it would all bolt up?  Does anything have to be fabricated?  Probably won't go that far with this bike, but I am curious. 

spc

What all is entailed with the bandit 600 swingarm.........I'm curious now :laugh:  Hell summers coming around so I'll have free time :thumb:

Crucialval

You can use a early 90's Gsxr 4.5" with just the bearing from the gs, and shaving down the brake bracket "takes about an hour"

Jay_wolf

My First Idea I Had Was The Monster Rear End, lol

Looks Really Good So Far .Glad To See It ,

U'll Have To See Mine When Its Done
2001 Gs500 , Katana Gsx Front End, K3 Tank,, Full S S Predetor System ,Bandit Rear Hugger,Goodridge S S Break Lines ,  Belly Pan , , K+N LunchBox, Probolt Bolts, FSD Undertray With Built in Lights And Indicators. 
2008 Megelli 125 SM 14bhp
1996 Honda NSR 125cc 33bhp
2001 Mercades A160  115bhp

cosmiccharlie

Ducati Monster S4R Exhaust.  Had some fun with photoshop today!

Jay_wolf

Im Really Really Glad Others Are Moding The Gs ,. People Still Look Down On It , I Have No Idea Why , Its Pretty Quick, And Handles Like A Dream ,

Im Loving The Compotion , Its Alot Of Fun ,

I Mean You Have So Many Projects , I Think When Alot Of Them Are Finished , We Will Have Our Lil Gs Build OFF!!

And People Could Vote , And As Custom Bikes Are Reflections Of Sed Person , Yes Jim Would Have Probs Won It With His 8 ball, But saying that, thats in a class of his own ,

Mhmmm Sounds Gd To Me :D

Jay
2001 Gs500 , Katana Gsx Front End, K3 Tank,, Full S S Predetor System ,Bandit Rear Hugger,Goodridge S S Break Lines ,  Belly Pan , , K+N LunchBox, Probolt Bolts, FSD Undertray With Built in Lights And Indicators. 
2008 Megelli 125 SM 14bhp
1996 Honda NSR 125cc 33bhp
2001 Mercades A160  115bhp

cosmiccharlie

Quote from: Jay_wolf on April 30, 2007, 01:16:11 PM
My First Idea I Had Was The Monster Rear End, lol

Looks Really Good So Far .Glad To See It ,

U'll Have To See Mine When Its Done
What plans do you have for yours?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk