News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

Need help with a bike...

Started by Turkina, April 06, 2005, 09:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkina

The pedaling kind  :lol:

Can anyone point me to a good place for parts and such?

Specifically, I need to find 27X1 1/8 tires and tubes for my dad's touring bike.    Nowadays there are only 700 stuff.  Gonna let my friend use the bike so he can try and do a century ride.  Yeah, I know a century is rough... but I am planning to do a 65 mile ride the same day.  Going to the end of Long Island on a bicycle :)
-Protection only works when you use it!-
Me: I'll kick your kitty ass!  Cat: Meow :P

BadBatzMaru

These come in 27 1/8 performancebike.

peformancebike and bike nashbar are good places to find a bunch of things.. out of all the internet retailers they are priced well, but not always the cheapest... but good to browse.

i bought a set of these tires for a bike I found by riverside park. It was a touring bike abandoned because of blown out tires... i just bought these, along with some tubes and grip tape, and my wife had a "new" bike to ride to school....

good luck with the century.

Turkina

Sweet, I found some tubes that should go along with the tires.  Yeah, I saw the tires on Performancebike, but didn't find the tube listed in the right size.  Bike Nashbar had it.

If anyone in the area is free on May 15, this is going on
Montauk Century
-Protection only works when you use it!-
Me: I'll kick your kitty ass!  Cat: Meow :P

CasiUSA

I believe Supergo.com has pretty good deals on High end parts
Cambria bike outfitters is a bit expensive, but they tend to have a good selection. Performance is good also.

Try your local bike shop, lots of times, they have some old stuff in the back that would fit. There's a Good one I've been to for stuff like that in Mineola on Jericho TPK.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk