News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

Brutally powerful bike! Suggestions?

Started by CirclesCenter, June 17, 2006, 09:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CirclesCenter

Ok first thing's first. I love my GS, and I will always keep it.

That being said I want ZOMFGMONKEYBALLSWTFCOPTER power!

Of course I want a used bike, but also I want something that won't rape the hell out of me on insurance. (I.E. No Hayabusa.... :( )  Being a 20yr old male sucks sometimes.

So I axed off the first two obvious choices right out of the box. (ZX-14 and Busa)

Would like something that can handle too, but that's secondary to the huge lump of iron in the frame.

Thoughts I had

Honda Hornet (CB 919) With a power commander ECU (To make it remember, "Oh yeah, this engine is from the FIREBLADE!")
Suzuki Bandit 1200, Don't know much about it, but 1200cc's is hard to go wrong with.
Suzuki GSX1400 Handling is suposedly sucky, and I'd have to try to find one in the U.S.

Basically stuff that flies under the supersport insurance group and still rocks like nobody's business. (Low seat height is a plus.)

How I ride:
I like to rocket around a bit, and grind down some pegs.

I know the FZ1 is an obvious choice, but MAN is that thing UGLY! (My opinion.)

Any thoughts? (Besides using two GS500 engines in one bike?)
Rich, RIP.

Alphamazing

'05 DR-Z400SM (For Sale)
'04 GS500E (Sold)

Holy crap it's the Wiki!
http://wiki.gstwins.com/

Kasumi

Agreed with Alpha i saw one today at the Banbury run right next to where i live (HUGE vintage motorcycle run but everyone turns up 300+ bikes on half a mile stretch of hill) but it was gorgeous, exhausts a major wow factor and the sound was gorgeous, plus it looked like a street fighter.

If you want an insanly powered bike a Buell Firebolt XB12R. There was one at the run today. It looked small but that means good handling and excellent control and low weight. The torque that it put out was insane. The guy ragged it away and the whole bike weight which isnt much went streight onto the rear shock as the power came through. It looked insane, and high torque makes for extreme overtaking and off the line speed and with the 1200 engine you get a decent top speed too without the effort of changing gears. I am seriously considering one for my next bike because it would be just a fun bike to have.
Custom Kawasaki ZXR 400

ajgs500

TadMC

Quote from: Kasumi on June 18, 2006, 02:59:54 PM

If you want an insanly powered bike a Buell Firebolt XB12R.

Holy shaZam!, Ive ridden one of these, I was afraid to go over third gear............. cuz i was going 110!!!!!!

makenzie71

Super powerful bike?

Bandit 1200 with GSXR 1100 cams, mild port and polish, full exhaust, K&N pods, ignition advancer, and I don't remember what else he has but it's all simple bolt-on shaZam!...it's my buddy's.  Dyno'ed 120 ft/lbs a couple weeks ago.  154rwhp.

The XB12R is pretty badass...about 78lbs of torque out of the box.

CirclesCenter

That modded bandit sounds nice

I really like the Z1000, but I think I need to wait for some depreciation to happen before I can get one. It was about 120hp too, nice!

The CB919 dyno's around 100hp, and only weighs 427lbs.

The Bandit with the GSX1100 Cams sounds like a good one too.

As for growing up.... I want to leave a beautiful (if slightly mangled) corpse. That and by the time I can afford it I'll be a bit older  8)  And maybe even more  :icon_twisted:
Rich, RIP.

Alphamazing

Z1000s sell for ~$4200-$5000 on eBay all the time.
'05 DR-Z400SM (For Sale)
'04 GS500E (Sold)

Holy crap it's the Wiki!

makenzie71

B12's run 2500~3500...Jason's bike hit the numbers listed above with less than $1k invested.

pantablo

Quote from: TadMC on June 18, 2006, 03:30:32 PM

Holy shaZam!, Ive ridden one of these, I was afraid to go over third gear............. cuz i was going 110!!!!!!

that there is some funny shaZam!. I get 105 in second...with only 600cc.

anyway, BANDIT 1200 is the biggest bang for your buck. drop a slip on and rejet-adds 10-13 hp! cheap, even new. you can sometimes find 2004's new in dealers for under $4000. used market is huge. massive aftermarket. and you can hustle one of those pretty good.

here's a video shot from spectators perspective of a previous trackday:
http://media.putfile.com/streets-32406-pablo-and-greg\
the guy I'm mixing it up with, Greg, is on a first gen bandit 1200. only issue with 1st or 2nd gen bandits is ground clearance when you're at superbike pace on the track.

all the regular guys I ride with I met through the bandit forum at maximum-suzuki.com and they all haul ass.
Pablo-
http://pantablo500.tripod.com/
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

TadMC

Quote from: pantablo on June 18, 2006, 09:01:56 PM
Quote from: TadMC on June 18, 2006, 03:30:32 PM

that there is some funny shaZam!. I get 105 in second...with only 600cc.

Well im used to the GS, It is my first bike so 110 in 3rd is pretty fucthin fast!!  So it aint that funny biatch......

.. ok i didnt mean the biatch part

CirclesCenter

Anyway to get rid of the big, ugly, shitty fairing?  (Ok it's not that big, but I HATE when the front of the bike does not move with the handlebars.)

Actually, was kind of hoping for something lighter. and more GS500E (NO FAIRING!) in the face.

Actually I kinda like full fairings some of the time, but those little nose fairings drive me NUTS!
Rich, RIP.

Alphamazing

Quote from: CirclesCenter on June 19, 2006, 12:10:48 AM
Anyway to get rid of the big, ugly, shitty fairing?  (Ok it's not that big, but I HATE when the front of the bike does not move with the handlebars.)

Actually, was kind of hoping for something lighter. and more GS500E (NO FAIRING!) in the face.

Actually I kinda like full fairings some of the time, but those little nose fairings drive me NUTS!

'05 DR-Z400SM (For Sale)
'04 GS500E (Sold)

Holy crap it's the Wiki!

rangerbrown

i nice mild step above the gs is the speed triple T509, wonderfull bike. rode one a while back, never seems to stop pulling
nee down mother F***ers

blue05twin

Get an FZ1 and do a Euro conversion

There's nothing ugly about it and it's an I-4 literbike, that should be enough power for you
You can do it to the older models too not just the 06
Pilot 22.5, Mid 65 , Mains 147.5, Mixture screw 3.5 turns out

Even if the voices aren't real they have some good ideas.

Kasumi

Custom Kawasaki ZXR 400

blue05twin

Good thing that is not released in the US . . I'm sure my wife would devorce me after I parked it in the liveing room.  :icon_mrgreen:
Pilot 22.5, Mid 65 , Mains 147.5, Mixture screw 3.5 turns out

Even if the voices aren't real they have some good ideas.

ninja_steve

brutally powerful?  i had fun on one of these once  :laugh:

'89 gs500- tag x5 quad bars, R6 master cylinder, braided front line, k&n, vance & hines header w/ 2 bros can, lots of other stuff. ******for sale******
'89 honda xr600 supermoto- 17" sun rims laced to stock hubs, 15/46 gearing, fmf q exhaust, k&n pod, sportecs, protapers, soon to have cr usd forks

ajgs500

Mmmmm a Vmax.  My old boss has one of those.  Yes very powerful.

Alphamazing

Quote from: blue05twin on June 19, 2006, 06:11:59 AM
Get an FZ1 and do a Euro conversion

There's nothing ugly about it and it's an I-4 literbike, that should be enough power for you
You can do it to the older models too not just the 06

To get the Euro parts to the US it would cost around $1200 to do the naked conversion.

Problem with the Bandits and the VMax - crap for handling, comparatively. Ancient suspension.
'05 DR-Z400SM (For Sale)
'04 GS500E (Sold)

Holy crap it's the Wiki!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk