Author Topic: !@#$%^&*() CAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PICS ADDED  (Read 3107 times)

Offline ben2go

• Motorcycle God!
  • DOA
!@#$%^&*() CAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PICS ADDED
« on: July 01, 2007, 09:08:05 PM »
So,I take my bike out for Rich" Phaedrus" memorial ride.On the way home I get caught in a moderate rain shower.I do the sensible thing,Slowed from 55mph(the speed limit),to 45.A cage comes flying up behind me and almost runs over me.I slowed down to 40mph(limit) to go through a cross roads.Well GUESS WHAT!Almost rear ended again.The speed limit drops to 35mph.GUESS WHAT!I get flashing head lights and a light gold plastic bumper less than 12 inches from my rear tire.I put my right signal on to turn into my nieghborhood 500 yards away.GUESS WHAT!looked down under my right elbo,front bumper.Attempted to make my right turn and the cage tried to go right,between me and the road I was trying to turn down.I flipped the bike back up and the rear went into a skid to the right.They went left to keep from actually running me over.GUESS WHAT!A chain link fence on the left side of the road I was turning on caught me.It got the right side of my bike and I flattened the fence.My new riding jacket I purchsed from RangerBrown(THANKS RANGERBROWN)on here,saved my right arm and side.My boots kept my ankle from being smashed,gloves protected the my hands.But my helmet kept me from going to the emergency room.My head hit the 1 and a half inch steel pipe that runs accross the top of the fence.I don't won't to think about what may have happen if I'd caught the pointed ends on top of the fence.It was either a 4 and a half or 5 foot tall fence.The assholes pulled off.Soon as they seen me pick my bike up they ran.I got the license plate number.GUESS WHAT!The plate wasn't registered which means no insurance.No fixed bike.This happened at 10:10pm tonight.So far I have found the right mirror spun around into my windscreen,front fairingscratched up,right fork tweaked(just rebuilt them  :mad: ),front rotor warped and pads smashed(just installed new rotor and pads when I rebuilt the forks less than 300 miles  :mad: ),right peg assembly slightly tweaked,rear break foot lever bent exhaust can scratched and dented,and possibly bent front wheel.GUESS WHAT!I only have liability insurance,because they appraised my bike at being worth $500 including assesories,and under 5000 miles when I insured it.I am going to look for that car now.It's local and I have seen it many times.

Thanks again RangerBrown for selling me the Icon jacket saved my fat ass 2 days later.

Here is the fence I finished taken down.It was already leaning and had debris in it when I hit it.There is a 15 foot drop behind it.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 01:40:22 PM by ben2go »
PICS are GONE never TO return.

Offline sanjay

• AMA Superbike Racer
  • Ha Haa!
    • GS500 Wiki
Re: !@#$%^&*() CAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 09:14:54 PM »
Damn.  Glad to hear you're (relatively) ok.  Keep us posted on how the search for the cage goes.
'92 GS500.  Sold.
'01 GS500.  Sold.  SM2s.  Progressives (15W).  Woodcraft Rearsets.  K&N Lunchbox.  Yoshi TRS slip-on.  CRG bar-end mirrors.  Pirelli Sport Demons.  Billet Fork Brace.
'07 Monster 695.

GS500 Wiki:  http://wiki.gstwins.com

Offline spc

• Buttercup = My Dykes on Bikes Name
  • Motorcycle God!
  • Alter or abolish. You pick, I'll help deliver.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 09:16:50 PM »
If you do find the car call the cops :thumb: :thumb: as soon as they see it on a public road they can arrest him :thumb: :thumb:  Maybe a night of being raped by jugheads friends will knock some sense into him.  Unfortunately, you probably won't be able to get any money from him.  Chances are if he has no insurance he has no money either :mad: :mad:  Do you have Uninsured Motorist coverage????  If so that should cover damage and Insurance company's aren't allowed to count that as a claim :thumb:

Or you could get a gun and a knife and filet him alive :dunno_white: :dunno_white:

Offline genEricStL

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 09:18:03 PM »
Go get 'em bro ... @#$%ing unaccountable bastards . They need a C&I , traveling too closely ... hell get a lawyer and try to get them for aggravated assault . It was almost vehicular manslaughter , so f*ck 'em ... trash their car like they trashed you and your bike (I would never normally say this ... if you have a beef with someone , don't take it out on their vehicle , but this is retribution we're referring to here hehe)

Most importantly though - Glad you're OK  :thumb:

-Eric

Offline spc

• Motorcycle God!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 09:21:29 PM »
*ahem* Lawn Darts
effective for infliction of physical pain and destruction of vehicles :thumb: :thumb:

Offline genEricStL

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 09:25:44 PM »
I'm well aware of the effects of "Lawn Darting" someone hehe  :thumb: Shot one through my buddiy's thigh muscle once  :icon_twisted:

On a side note ... damn Terry , you remind me a LOT of myself when i was younger lol (before i turned 34 and was suddenly "old"  :icon_twisted: )

Offline spc

• Motorcycle God!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 09:46:46 PM »
 :cry: :cry:  I'm old!!!!   I Just hit 22 :o :o

Offline ben2go

• Motorcycle God!
  • DOA
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 10:14:43 PM »
Well guys I found the car,got the address where the car is parked for the night at least.Called highway patrol,and they had the officer that responded to my accident call me back gave him the info.GUESS WHAT!They'll look into it and possibly contact me in a couple of days.GUESS WHAT!After a week he won't have a vehicle to drive,and may not be able to walk either.I believe it's a guy I grew up with and used to pal around with like family.If it is,revenge will be worse than if I'd never met him.I am going to try and post pics of my bike and the fence,if it's not raining.It all happened less than a half a block from my house.

Offline makenzie71

• Upside down forks R kewl
  • Motorcycle God!
  • onoz omg onoz omg onoz omg onoz omg
    • PacNet
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 10:17:52 PM »
if you got the plate number it doesn't matter if it's registered or not...the last registered owner of the car is at fault (financially) unless they can prove they sold the vehicle.  Sue the fucker.

And don't take the matter into yourowon hands AFTER you've already called the cops.  After you call the cops, it's their deal.  If you mess with him, they'll know it was you, and there are no "revenge" exceptions in the lawbooks.

Offline CndnMax

• World Supersport Racer
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 10:23:57 PM »
Well guys I found the car,got the address where the car is parked for the night at least.Called highway patrol,and they had the officer that responded to my accident call me back gave him the info.GUESS WHAT!They'll look into it and possibly contact me in a couple of days.GUESS WHAT!After a week he won't have a vehicle to drive,and may not be able to walk either.I believe it's a guy I grew up with and used to pal around with like family.If it is,revenge will be worse than if I'd never met him.I am going to try and post pics of my bike and the fence,if it's not raining.It all happened less than a half a block from my house.
thats ausome! way to track em down :thumb:. like mak said let the cops handle it from this point forward. IMO law suit would be the best revenge- most people love their money and don't like loosing it.

Offline ben2go

• Motorcycle God!
  • DOA
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 11:36:11 PM »
Yea,gonna let the cops handle this. :thumb:

I'm just pissed because,I rebuilt,my front forks,added progressive springs,15w fork oil ,new front brakes,new rotor,new rear brakes,made new upper brackets to hold my windscreen up right,changed the oil and filter.I did all this on a saturday 2 weeks prior to this weekends Deals Gap meet and greet in NC.I got knocked outta that because of a wreck that blocked traffic on I 26 on my way up.Put me 2 hours behind the rest of the riders.BTW,I had only put 275 miles on my bike when I was run down.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

I went back out to the building for a short cry over my bike. :cry:

I found this to be certain,front rotor warped from bouncing off the steel fence post,pads are probably gone,wheel is slightly out of true,rearset bracket is tweaked in,exhaust can is dimpled in a few places and scratched,front upper faring and wind screen cracked and scratched,right mirror knocked loose but not broken.  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

Now for the unsure of damage,possible tweaked right fork,possible cracked side cover on engine,possible front tire damage to belts,rear master cylinder took a good smack by the fence post(had my feet down),right clipon maybe slightly bent or turned in the clamp.   :dunno_white:  but still  :mad:

Now for the head scratcher,my right signals suffered minor scratches on the ends but didn't break or get bent outta shape,lenses are still good. :dunno_white:

I couldn't push the bike because of the brake damage,so I started it up rode in 1st gear 1/10 of a mile up the hill to home.  :thumb: Engine and clutch strained all the way.  :cry:
You know the guy in the parade that rides the bicycle with the warped wheel,and it wobbles every where,that's what it looked like riding it home. :laugh: Luckily after I got off the fone,I called my gurlfriend and she was at my house and came down the hill to where I was at. :kiss3:  It feels good to have someone around when you've wrecked and there are no street lights around.  :thumb: The only light was my head light,and the occasional stray cage.  :o

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT,AND THANKS TO RANGERBROWN FOR SELLING ME THE JACKET THAT SAVED MY HIDE. :thumb:

I MAY HAVE ONLY BEEN RUNNING 10MPH WHEN i WENT DOWN,BUT IT COULD HAVE EASILY BEEN DEADLY! THE STEEL BAR THAT RUNS ACROSS THE TOP OF THE FENCE COULD HAVE EASILY CRACKED MY SKULL. THE FENCE WAS OLD AND LEANING AWAY FROM THE ROAD ENOUGH TO CATCH DEAD LEAVES AND PINE NEEDLES BEING BLOWN OFF THE ROAD.I FLATTED IT WITH MY BIKE AND BODY.DIDN'T GET HURT,THANKS TO MY GEAR, OTHER THAN A FEW DEEP TISSUE BRUSIES.

PLEASE LET MY INCIDENT BE A LEARNING EXPERIENCE.RIDE WITH THE PROPER GEAR.IT DON'T HAVE TO BE EXPENSIVE, JUST FUNCTIONAL. I GOT LESS THAN $150 IN MY GEAR.I LEARNED TONIGHT THAT EVEN A 10MPH MISHAP CAN BE DEADLY.I'LL DO MY BEST TO POST PICS OF MY HELMET.DIDN'T CRACK, BUT MY HEAD WOULD HAVE.

Offline rangerbrown

• World Superbike Racer
  • GSXR WANA BE
Re: !@#$%^&*() CAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PICS ADDED
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 09:22:47 PM »
dude i am sooo glad your ok. as soon as you sent that pm my phone let me know about it and i called you.

guys wear your gear, you never know when it will happen.
nee down mother F***ers

Offline ben2go

• Motorcycle God!
  • DOA
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 09:32:44 PM »
dude i am sooo glad your ok. as soon as you sent that pm my phone let me know about it and i called you.

guys wear your gear, you never know when it will happen.

Thanks for the call.If ya gonna be up this way,give me a call.

Offline rangerbrown

• World Superbike Racer
  • GSXR WANA BE
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 09:43:35 PM »
yea you and Crucialval well hit the park way
nee down mother F***ers

Offline ben2go

• Motorcycle God!
  • DOA
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 09:49:45 PM »
yea you and Crucialval well hit the park way

Sounds like a good deal to me.  :thumb:

Offline Crucialval

• AMA Superbike Racer
  • I can't stop building on this bike Crucial Customz
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 09:52:42 PM »
ME to  :thumb:

Offline spc

• Motorcycle God!
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 02:32:58 PM »
Dude, glad you're OK :thumb: :thumb:  Damn you levelled that fence :laugh: :laugh:  I was pretty near ya yesterday.  I went to greer to check out that bike.  Going back in a week to pick it up :thumb:

Offline scratch

• Sofa King We Todd Did
  • Motorcycle God!
  • Yes, that's a reflection on the road
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 03:41:35 PM »
So glad you survived!
The motorcycle is no longer the hobby, the skill has become the hobby.

Power does not compare to skill.  What good is power without the skill to use it?

Originally posted by Wintermute on BayAreaRidersForum.com
good judgement trumps good skills every time.

Offline oramac

• I iz a PostWhore
  • AMA Superbike Racer
  • Be excellent to one another! - Bill & Ted
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 05:57:38 PM »
You know, I hate to say it, but if the car didn't actually make contact with you, you'll most likely have no legal recourse.  With no physical damage to his car to match up with your story, it'll be your word against his.  I hope something comes out good for you, but unless he decides to up and admit to the whole thing and to being at fault, I think you're screwed.   :mad:

But, it's nothing that a ball bat and a sharp knife can't rectify!  :thumb:
Something is wrong with my twin...all of a sudden it's V shaped!  Wait, no, now it's a triple!  ...and I IZ NOT a postwhore!

Offline ben2go

• Motorcycle God!
  • DOA
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2007, 07:48:14 PM »
I gave the highway patrol the car and tag number.Then when I got home went and found the car and gave them an address.They didn't even go check it out.I talked with a friend that used to be a state  police and he said that I had a case against the state.This is because it was envolving road rage and property damage,both personal and public property.So he said give 2 weeks and contact a lawyer.So,in 2 weeks,I'll know more.I already have my forks repaired.Now it's just cosmetics.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk