News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Clymer manual Here

Main Menu

Gun Owners?

Started by Kijona, May 29, 2012, 10:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adidasguy

Get dad one of these. Henry Survival Rifle .22
It all fits in the stock! 16.5" to fit in your backpack.

[attachment deleted by admin]

adidasguy

Pretty - aren't they?

Janx101

yep!!  :thumb: ... apart from the nice clean lines and simple design (which is a good thing) ... some really purty pieces of timber there!  :D

Kijona

Here's my new toy... Savage Mark II

Janx101

nice also Kij !  :thumb: ... good solid bolt handle! .. thats a hell of a comb/cheek rest profile though!

how much bang?.... calibre?

adidasguy

In the Henry stock picture, I have the top one and the bottom one.
How can I put a rifle holster on a Gs500 like they do on horses? Wouldn't that be cool?

Janx101

theoretically easy enough Addy ... option #1 Leather scabbard/gun bag .. nice solid thick leather back to it for mounting purposes... fix large end to saddlebag rack type thing on right side (cos the can already projects out below) ... fix small end to custom mount plate added to frame just below tank? .. solid type leather foldover flap on open end with weather resistant buckle...

option #2 .. something like this .. with similar mounting points to above .. dont know how much effect on under leg room though?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-Riffle-Shotgun-Case/17284291?findingMethod=rr

or this one... designed with bikes in mind!!...  :D

http://motorcycle.motorcycle-superstore.com/motorcycle/Gun%20Case

adidasguy

Anyone know where I can find a

Henry Big Boy Deluxe II 357 Magnum

???

Janx101

Hahahahhahaha.... A what? .... You sure that's a rifle you looking for there Addy?? .... Sure it doesn't have to be plugged in to the mains and lubed?  :D :flipoff:

But seriously .... And not questioning your right to own .... But questioning what used for? ... As in .. Suitable calibre? ... Personally I like the .45 LC look better ...  :woohoo:

slipperymongoose

Addy stop messing about and go n get a red jacket ar15 with a hydraulic buffer system and stick an espresso machine on it to keep you up till them coins come a skampering in your garbage.  :thumb:
Some say that he submitted a $20000 expense claim for some gravel

And that if he'd write a letter of condolance he would at least spell your name right.

adidasguy

Seems no one has a Henry Big Boy Deluxe II in 357. There is one 44 magnum available. Like I need another type of ammo to stock up on.
I ran across this one. A real gold Henry and Pietta pistol with matching serial numbers one of 150 made.
More expensive than a GS500 from a cut throat dealer.
Too beautiful to shoot.
Oh, and gotta start a new stakeout for them coons. They ate the 14" koi. No big ones left.

Kijona

Quote from: Janx101 on June 19, 2013, 05:48:41 PM
nice also Kij !  :thumb: ... good solid bolt handle! .. thats a hell of a comb/cheek rest profile though!

how much bang?.... calibre?

Makes it easy to get a good firm cheek weld. It's a .22LR.

Kijona

Quote from: adidasguy on June 20, 2013, 10:53:58 AM
Seems no one has a Henry Big Boy Deluxe II in 357. There is one 44 magnum available. Like I need another type of ammo to stock up on.
I ran across this one. A real gold Henry and Pietta pistol with matching serial numbers one of 150 made.
More expensive than a GS500 from a cut throat dealer.
Too beautiful to shoot.
Oh, and gotta start a new stakeout for them coons. They ate the 14" koi. No big ones left.

What about an Adidas gun?

adidasguy

Well, I do have adidas underwear in  case there is a brown-pants episode. No adidas guns or bike gear. Puma (related to Adi Dasler's company) does make some bike gear.

Anyone use Cabrili's or Super Cabrili's? I tried some. They really are silent in a rifle and like a cap gun in a pistol. Actually, there are air guns more powerful than Cabrili's so in a way, why use real ammo when air gun would do better? (when you don't want to make noise at 2am stalking raccoons.....)

Got to be ready. Dam raccoons ate another fish. Will have to bait the trap with old food and just wait.

Anyone into cowboy action shooting? (They use lever actions like the Henry's and single action revolvers.)

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: adidasguy on June 19, 2013, 09:35:42 PM
In the Henry stock picture, I have the top one and the bottom one.
How can I put a rifle holster on a Gs500 like they do on horses? Wouldn't that be cool?
Butt foirwards. angled slightly downwards. had a scabbard rig for my gs and sportster. used only to go to or from shooting range. i kept ammo in backpack
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

Kiwingenuity

Quote from: adidasguy on June 21, 2013, 11:14:13 AM
Anyone use Cabrili's or Super Cabrili's? I tried some. They really are silent in a rifle and like a cap gun in a pistol. Actually, there are air guns more powerful than Cabrili's so in a way, why use real ammo when air gun would do better? (when you don't want to make noise at 2am stalking raccoons.....)

Colibris are quiet, but wouldnt risk them on something the size of a Racoon.  I have used on rats, but you have to be practically point blank range to be immediately leathal.

Havent used the supers though..

Kijona

Something MUCH more effective (and accurate) than Colibri or Super Colibri is CCI Quiet. The CCI Quiet is a 710FPS subsonic load with a 40gr LRN bullet. It's got almost as much punch as a regular .22. Make no mistake, it's by no means silent. Just much more subtle. Other options include CCI CB Short and Winchester CB Long. Both have equivalent sound level to the CCI Quiet but with lighter bullets (and presumably higher velocity).

adidasguy

Colibri are 375 fps. Super Colibri are 500 fps. They rate it as 11 foot pounds of energy.

Evonix air rifle with 17 grain pellet at 1050 fps is rated at 35 foot pounds.

Clearly the air rifle has more punch than Colibri's. Air rifle goes through 1/4" plywood easy and even through 3/4" with the right pellet. Colibri's just bounce off of 1/4" plywood.

I'll drop a box of those CCI's in my bag and try them at the range. As I recall, they are too loud for city use. Air gun is probably the best choice for coons. How to defend yourself with a banana? And maybe pointed sticks?

Kijona

If sound level was not an issue, a .17HMR would be the ideal cartridge for pest control.

adidasguy

Don't want to wake the city at 2am. I'm on top of a hill. Sound goes everywhere.

If sound wasn't an issue, then a .45 long colt would be fun.

Then raccoons can be really loud. They probably would drown out a single pop.

As I said, not much to prevent sound from waking up the city.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk