News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

The "What Is This?" game

Started by adidasguy, November 16, 2012, 12:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr72

The picture is on google photos. As you know, this forum has no way to directly attach a photo.

mikeg

I had to Google it, since I've never really known what it's really called. Lansky lists it as a "multi-angle knife clamp".

Fingers crossed.......
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."— Ernest Hemingway

mr72

You win! But I find lansky's description odd. I would call it a rod guide clamp.

I should have found something harder.

mikeg

It was harder than it seemed.  I wasn't positive at all that my initial answer was correct.  I did have to do some Google-Fu.

Guess it's my turn again....hmmmm.  How about this?

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."— Ernest Hemingway

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

mikeg

Quote from: cbrfxr67 on November 19, 2021, 07:38:26 AM

First thing I found here at work.  Looks like it is living up to the thread title.   :icon_lol:

mikeg

Guess I should add a hint.  It's used in a PC.

cbrfxr67

I was thinking the plate on the rear of a pc?
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

Bluesmudge

mikeg

Now that I think of it, I should probably have put something next to it for scale.  :hithead:

The dimensions are 4.75" X 4" x .5".  It is used to adapt a smaller item to fit where it's larger (and most times slower) counterpart is installed. 

mikeg

Quote from: Bluesmudge on November 22, 2021, 01:06:26 PM
Hard Drive tray?

You got it!!

To be specific, it is a SSD adapter.

You answered right as I was posting more detail.

Bluesmudge

Cool! My second timing winning one of these in like 10 years.
Ok, what is......THIS:

sledge

Guessing its a tool for locking a clutch basket or a splined shaft/hub or a timing pulley

Looks like the toothed insert is removable so maybe it comes as a kit that will fit several different spline profiles or diameters?

Bluesmudge

Quote from: sledge on November 28, 2021, 10:00:02 AM
Guessing its a tool for locking a clutch basket

You got it!

Specifically it's for holding the clutch basket on a Suzuki GS1000 but like you said the spline part can be swapped out for other tooth profiles. Good work.

Watcher

Quote from: mikeg on November 19, 2021, 06:23:45 AM
Guess it's my turn again....hmmmm.  How about this?

Quote from: mikeg on November 22, 2021, 01:10:16 PM
Quote from: Bluesmudge on November 22, 2021, 01:06:26 PM
Hard Drive tray?
You got it!!

I keep coming in and out of this forum these days.  Too bad, I recognized this basically instantly.

I'm glad to see this game is getting some participation, it was quite interesting back in the day.
Just waiting on sledge now.
"The point of a journey is not to arrive..."

-Neil Peart

Watcher

Thought maybe I'd pick up the torch here.

Any takers?

-Neil Peart

cbrfxr67

Some kind of clutch tool maybe?
-buddha

Watcher

Quote from: cbrfxr67 on May 08, 2023, 11:16:31 AMSome kind of clutch tool maybe?

It IS a tool, but it's NOT for a clutch...  :icon_razz:

-Neil Peart

mikeg

Upper receiver rod for an AR

Watcher

-Neil Peart

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk