News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

Legend of Seamax

Started by cbrfxr67, June 13, 2019, 09:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steezin_and_wheezin

I miss reading your well documented stories CBR! I got a welder for my bday this year and after a long hiatus I'm back on the hunt for a GS roller! Going to finally make my two stroke GS pipe dream come true. I'll probably tap you and your project threads for some modification knowledge. Can't wait to catch up on the cbr project!
if yer binders ain't squeakin, you ain't tweakin!

cbrfxr67

Steez!  Good to see you post!  Oohhhhhh weldin' fab time!  That's going to be awezome for sure!  Can't wait to see some of that!! ! !  And, yea my 929gs went kaput.  On the other hand, Seamax sent me his GS and I just fookin love this bike.

Show,...I've been lazy on putting something together.  I got some extra thick zip ties and used them for the time being.  Been all in with the Night Train trying to get it together.  Rear 240 conversion is a real pita.  Took me awhile to get the rear belt enough clearance and then realized the swingarm bolt wasn't even tight.  Cranking it down took all my clearance away again.  Farg!
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

cbrfxr67

Not much but riding lately.  I want to swap out my old forks from my failed turd 929 project this weekend.  Was cleaning it the other day after a light rain ride and found some oil on front fork.  Regardless if seals are leaking or not I want to try those hefty sonic springs and feel the difference.

From picture game,...

and went to get my annual inspection at lunch while i was out,..nobody there awww yea
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

Sporty

Just getting into the good riding weather/season there?
Used Suzuki GS500 = motorcycle adventure without leaving the shop.

Current motorcycles: 1993 GS500E, 1996 XL1200, 1999 ST1100

cbrfxr67

Riding year round here in Houston but right now it's exceptionally nice, beginning to transition to fall!  Loving the crisp cool air!!!  I checked your first couple posts but didn't see where you are,...??
-buddha

Sporty

Quote from: cbrfxr67 on September 30, 2020, 01:40:14 PM
Riding year round here in Houston but right now it's exceptionally nice, beginning to transition to fall!  Loving the crisp cool air!!!  I checked your first couple posts but didn't see where you are,...??

About another month of riding and then the occasional good day until the snow flies.

cbrfxr67

What a beautiful place to live!  History, beaches, sights, . . . not like Houston where we rep warehouses, gas stations, traffic and trash.

-buddha

cbrfxr67

Finally got time to swap my forks,...

i dont always use my engine lift, but when I do, I use it to lift bikes by their neck :icon_mrgreen:

Smooth sailing,..

starting to look for another front fender,... I like big fenders,... hmmm
-buddha

Sporty

Quote from: cbrfxr67 on October 05, 2020, 12:13:36 PM
Finally got time to swap my forks,...

starting to look for another front fender,... I like big fenders,... hmmm

Are those another pair of GS500 forks?

I likes slim cafe fenders, but those don't fit the GS mounting.

Since you like big, how about Show Biz's "Hay Busa" fender job ?

ShowBizWolf

I made a slim "cafe" fender for my GS once... and then sold it when I got tired of it and wanted to do the 'Busa one. If you take 2 back halves of stock GS500 fenders and put them together, they make a nice slim fender IMO.
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

cbrfxr67

Yes, still gs forks.  I'd put some beefy springs in them for the turd build and they're not sloppy and squishy anymore.  Might be a little too stiff even.  I figure I'll get used to them.

Maybe I'll dig the old fender I used on the turd out of the attic and spray bomb it black.  I don't like the cafe slim fender look unless it's on a naked bike.  Show being the styling artistic genius showstopper that she is, definitely winning with the big fender but, i dunno.  Could go back to a regular gs fender.  It doesn't look terrible on f model.
-buddha

Sporty

Quote from: cbrfxr67 on October 06, 2020, 07:02:13 AM
Yes, still gs forks.  I'd put some beefy springs in them for the turd build and they're not sloppy and squishy anymore.  Might be a little too stiff even.  I figure I'll get used to them.

Maybe I'll dig the old fender I used on the turd out of the attic and spray bomb it black.  I don't like the cafe slim fender look unless it's on a naked bike.  Show being the styling artistic genius showstopper that she is, definitely winning with the big fender but, i dunno.  Could go back to a regular gs fender.  It doesn't look terrible on f model.

What engine is that?

cbrfxr67

That was a cbr f2 engine.  Was my 1st attempt at engine swap on turd gs. :hithead:
-buddha

cbrfxr67

Nothing special.  Went out to Magnolia Tx to help my Matco buddy do truck inventory.  Some nice roads out there!  Had a blast 100 miles Sat,..100 miles Sun.  Scratched the heck out of my tank not knowing my pocketknife was rubbing on it. :icon_confused:

-buddha

cbrfxr67

Not too much interesting except,..

farrrrg!  Was riding home, normal day and clutch cable broke.  Was in 4th gear, medium traffic and at first
but then chilled and turned onto a cut through street, downshifting nice n easy til I putted home in first.

Ordered up a MotionPro replacement and hooked it up over the weekend. :icon_mrgreen:

ps those aren't scratches that's vintage style :laugh:

-buddha

The Buddha

How did you get that lever to fit and/or what is the clutch perch off of.

Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.

cbrfxr67

Hmmm,.. I thought it was a gs Buddha. :dunno_black: Lever fit in easily.  There was a goofy cable on it previously that I had to use a spacer in but the new motionpro cable fit perfect and now is like butter when you pull the lever.  I have Seamax's list of stuff here somewhere.  I'll check n see if he listed any special perch.
-buddha

cbrfxr67

Went to get my inspection to get my registration and everything good.  Left early to make it to work with no problems.  Inspection a breeze and went to leave.  Key wouldn't turn.  I try a bit and push it down the parking lot to a quieter spot.

SO it just won't turn.  I try it a thousand times, move the bars back and forth, hit it, cuss alot, keep trying and it will not turn.

>:(

It's about a mile and a half to work.  Yea, great farging morning.  I continue to try the key as I push that heavy heifer.  I must have tried it ten thousand times by the time I exhaustedly got in to work.

Pushed it to the back of the warehouse and ordered a new ignition.  What a b- of a morning,...
:hithead:
-buddha

Bluesmudge

On a recent trip on my GS I was turning into a Motel parking lot after a long 450 mile day on the bike. All of a sudden I realized that my handle bars wouldn't turn far enough! I almost crashed into a utility pole.

I never figured out what happened, and it hasn't happened since, but I think it had something to do with the ignition/steering lock. Although its not something I have ever heard of happening to someone else.

Your ignition issue is the only similar thing I've seen happen here at GStwins. I guess with all these GS500s getting to be so old we are going to start hearing about NEW issues other than the same old carb and electrical gremlins, starter clutch issues or cam end knock.

Good luck installing the new ignition. I hear it can be hard to get the security bolts out.

The Buddha

Key not turning could be lock wafer wear, or key wear. Take it off and take out the cyl and check the wafers. Or if it happened suddenly you may have a broken spring for a wafer.
Cool.
Buddha.
I run a business based on other people's junk.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk