Author Topic: Any old time Formula 1 fans remember this incident ?  (Read 273 times)

Offline The Buddha

• The guru Ba-moo-derator
  • Administrator
  • Motorcycle God!
Any old time Formula 1 fans remember this incident ?
« on: April 10, 2021, 06:45:08 AM »
So this was in the 80's or 90's. To have a lookout for rain a famous Crew chief sent a lookout person (also well known) to the near by town a few miles from the track to call him if it rains.

No rain, so no call, the race gets done, and the lookout comes back bone dry and the crew and track are soaking wet.

Does anyone remember who it was and any other details like year and location etc.
I want to say its Hockenheim (which is through a forest right) or Magny Cours or wherever French GP was held. Where someone hit a raccoon in a different race and Sam Posey famously said, oh goody, lets put some cream sauce on it and call it dinner. He never called an F1 race ever again. Distant 3rd Spa.

Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.

Offline TheGoodGuy

• The Secret Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Motorcycle God!
    • http://www.manjulbose.com
Re: Any old time Formula 1 fans remember this incident ?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 03:13:48 PM »
there are only a few truly wet races from the 1990's I remember, probably Hockenheim is one ..
'01 GS500. Mods: Katana Shock, Progessive Springs, BobB's V&H  Advancer Clone, JeffD's LED tail lights & LED licence plate bolt running lights, flanders superbike bars, magnet under the bike. Recent mods: Rejet with 20/62.5/145, 3 shims on needle, K&N Lunch box.

Offline The Buddha

• The guru Ba-moo-derator
  • Administrator
  • Motorcycle God!
Re: Any old time Formula 1 fans remember this incident ?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 07:54:45 AM »
This was in the 80's I think not 90's. I heard about it in the late 90's. I've really not watched F1 since the Vettel years.
But 96 through 03 or 04 I watched nearly every F1 race. Some years like 96-99 and 2001-2003 or so I watched every race in those years
But there are some insane wet races in the 90's, Damon hill won a few as did Michael Schumacher, and who can forget 1996 Monaco. Ridiculous combo of everything, as was 92 spa (Schumachers first win). Damon Hill 94 and in 96 had some incredible ones too.

Cool.
Buddha.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 08:15:05 AM by The Buddha »
I run a business based on other people's junk.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk