Author Topic: Interesting little controller  (Read 91 times)

Offline mikeg

• Local Club Racer
Interesting little controller
« on: October 15, 2021, 05:34:18 AM »
This looks like an interesting controller, which can be managed via an app.  I see a lot of people doing cafe conversions, and such, that this might be useful for that.  It effectively replaces many of the relays and fuses...including for turn signals.  It has separate right and left turn signal circuits with the ability to even 4 way flash (Plus many more functions).  It's made by Motogadget, and called the M-unit Blue.  I came across it the other day, and I figured I'd drop it here in case anyone finds a need or use for it.   I wouldn't mind trying this out in the future myself.  Video link below showing it in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF6RiqEF-dQ
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Offline iamhiding

• Formula Extreme Racer
Re: Interesting little controller
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 12:25:44 PM »
Havent seen one in the flesh, i can appreciate why someone might use one, its small, eliminates a bunch of clutter and makes wiring a bike from scratch a little more straight forward. Ultimately its a great deal of money for what little issues it solves i reckon.

Theres a couple variations, older models and other brands doing it for less money but m-unit seems to be the best of the bunch  in terms of outright features and im sure the latest iteration has an alarm built in, if it had an immobiliser and tracker id probably grab one for my nicer projects.
current project list:
//cbr 600 f3 fighter
//gsxr 1100 mental oldskool supersport
//gs500 daily rat tracker cafe fighter that changes every couple of month... cafe fighter?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk