News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

Adidasguy Patrick Lajko - Passed away Apr 26th 2014

Started by Gorilla, April 29, 2014, 11:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

åsaka

Let the spirits whisper your name. God's peace be with you, from Tobbe (Sweden)

prmas

Such sad news. Life is sometimes so cruel as to take one of the best from amongst us. Although I only new him through GS Twins he will be sadly missed on the other side of the world too. Deepest sympathy to family and friends from us here in the land of Oz. :cry:

Macka

sledge

Its inevitable that if you choose to be a motorcyclist and become part the community you will ultimately suffer loss. This is another sad and tragic example of the fact.

I only hope it was quick and that he didn't suffer.

Condolences to all those affected, particularly Patricks mother.

wolfs02shadow

I never got to meet him in person but emailed and talked to him on the forum here. He will be missed.  So sad to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04 500F
TIMING MOD
PILOT 20
MID 60
MAIN 132.5
YOSHIMURA RS3

HotrodScamp

I'm pretty new to the board here, but I felt like I knew the man. I've read so many of his posts and watched his videos.

What a terrible loss for all of us. And a reminder; we ride, we risk. I am resolved to ride as safely as I can, ATGATT, as Patrick often advised.

My deepest condolences to his family and the numerous friends he made the world over.

My ride to work today will be a difficult one.   :icon_sad:
2007 GS500F
Pirelli Sport Demons 130/70 110/70
.85 Sonic Springs / 15w Bel-Ray fork oil
K&N Drop-in w/restrictor
POR-15 sealed tank
RK Racing RX-Ring Chain

R.I.P. Patrick Lajko (Adidasguy) April 26, 2014

Janx101

Ummm ... Damn...... Wtf? ...  :icon_eek:

Lost for words  :sad:

peteGS

RIP Addy! Big Rich posted on the GS Resources and I came straight over here... I can't believe this has happened to him... never even knew his name until now, so sorry to hear of Patrick being taken like this. Life can be so unfair, and my sincerest condolences to his mother and brother from over here in the land down under.

I know he will be missed by all on this community right here, it is sad when someone who has contributed so much is taken in such a manner.

The one positive I take from this is that he at least went doing what he loved... riding his GS500!
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

jdoorn14

Er...um...wow. RIP Adidasguy.

Never got out to see the West Seattle Bike Cave, but it held a higher spot on my list of things to see than some of the other better-known wonders of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seems it has become necessary to qualify my posts:
I am/am not trying to start an argument. This post is/is not intended to be a personal attack. I am/am not merely attempting to present a different viewpoint.

Select the words that apply to you.

jmill

A forwarded message
---
Hello James,

It's been a tough loss of a friend of over 20 years.

At this time, the family is not planning to have any services or proceedings.

He greatly loved riding with all and working on his GS500's. He was also very generous with turning his garage into a hangout for those to come work on their bike.

If I hear of any change to plans, I'll let you know.

Lance

---

Some guys from the Husky motorcycle club were talking about getting together and heading out to Vashon to sit at the beach and talk a bit. He loved the island, seemed appropriate. Would anyone be interested in trekking to Seattle for a morning?
When in doubt, empty the magazine.

AnonRider

If I was closer I would make the trip.unfortunately I'm in new Jersey.

Snake2715

Wow terrible news. I have been off the site as its been winter and I havent got the bike back together due to divroce etc.

However this is very saddening I too would email or pm him and see if he needed parts I came across etc. This is really a terrible and impactful loss to the community and prayers be with his Family/Friends.

RIP Patrick.
98 Aztec Orange, F1R Cobra Exhaust, Jetted , Rear Hugger, Stainless Chain Guard, Sonics / Kat600, Fork Brace,
Superbike Bars, Pro Grip, Bar End Mirrors, LED conversion...

Shepa

Sad news indeed.

R.I.P. old chap.

:'(

Sent from my toilet seat using HTC FartPhone

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Gorilla

Quote from: jmill on April 30, 2014, 06:05:54 AM
A forwarded message
---
Hello James,

It's been a tough loss of a friend of over 20 years.

At this time, the family is not planning to have any services or proceedings.

He greatly loved riding with all and working on his GS500's. He was also very generous with turning his garage into a hangout for those to come work on their bike.

If I hear of any change to plans, I'll let you know.

Lance

---

Some guys from the Husky motorcycle club were talking about getting together and heading out to Vashon to sit at the beach and talk a bit. He loved the island, seemed appropriate. Would anyone be interested in trekking to Seattle for a morning?

I will definitely take a ride with yall. We can wait until Ollie comes back from Switzerland too.
Ride with the people you love in mind.

I'll never forget ya Patrick!
(My Bike!) http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=64409.0

-West Seattle GS500 club member

JAS6377

Wherever you are, Patrick, I know you're making new friends and taking good care of them, as you did for us.

May you rest in peace.
Blue 2004F with some fun stuff
Lunchbox, 22.5/65/147.5, Jardine, 17/39, R6 throttle, R6 shock, .85 springs, GSXR1100 rearsets, Clubmans+Rox 2" risers, T-Rex sliders, flush mount fronts, integrated LED tail, integrated LED fronts, HID Projector, blue gauge LEDs, 12V outlet

And 96.5% more wub wub

Grommett2k

Patrick never turned down an opportunity to help, and if you ever met him you knew right away he was one of the most genuine and generous people you would ever meet. I never left his house without a nut, bolt, chrome cap, or something for the GS. RIP my friend, you are missed already.

Meuryn

Have only been using the board for a year, and never knew him personally, but his advice on my many questions and his youtube videos were second to none. He seemed like a fantastic guy, and I wish the best to his friends and family. Rest in peace.

lboaman

bigfatcat

Condolences. Respect.

Ride on in Peace, Patrick - Adidasguy .

cbrfxr67

Damn,.....just saw this.  Big loss for the GS community.  RIP addy.

Well I'm sure he is riding some amazing GS's upstairs right now!

Sad day.  I guess at least he went doing what he loved.
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

jmill

Supposed to rain this Saturday, next weekend weather dependent?
When in doubt, empty the magazine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk