News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

Rear Solo seats for sale-by JamesG

Started by pantablo, February 06, 2003, 07:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgyver

Lower for the upper is complete. To bad I just sold my bike. This is the only pic I have.

Common sense in not very common.

Absolute Rescue

am i right in guessing that the tail shown in the very first post will fit on an 05 gs? if so how do i place an order
JRoe-

2003 Harley Davidson V-Rod, PCIII, K&N Filter, 200 Rear Tire, Dyno Tuned 111hp 76 ft-Lb

2005F, GSXR can, custom fender, White '04 Tail, Clip-ons, LED gagues, Woodcraft CFM Rearsets-Traded In

dgyver

Quote from: Absolute Rescueam i right in guessing that the tail shown in the very first post will fit on an 05 gs? if so how do i place an order
That one is for the 89-00. I have not pulled the mold for the 01+ race tail and I do not know when I will have the time.

Absolute Rescue

alright cool. let me know if/when it gets pulled i'm interested
JRoe-

2003 Harley Davidson V-Rod, PCIII, K&N Filter, 200 Rear Tire, Dyno Tuned 111hp 76 ft-Lb

2005F, GSXR can, custom fender, White '04 Tail, Clip-ons, LED gagues, Woodcraft CFM Rearsets-Traded In

Argon5W

Injection molding would be a great idea if it were not for the mold cost which would be tens of thousands of dollars.  Injection molding requires a very heavy mechanical steel mold.  The pieces of the mold are clamped together under hydraulic pressure as the molten (not liquid) plastic is pumped into the cavity through multiple gates.  After injection cooling water is run in the mold.  The mold is then pulled apart and pins push the finished part out of the cavity.  The stock plastics are multiple pieces to allow this work properly.  Each of the three tail pieces is most likely made at the same time in one mold.  The entire process will take about 15 seconds per shot at the most.

Richard
www.homemachineshop.com
"There are only three true sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting and motor racing. The rest are all games."
Ernest Hemingway

www.svtwin.com

tbblizzard

dgyver

Quote from: dgyverI have not pulled the mold for the 01+ race tail and I do not know when I will have the time.

scottpA_GS

how is the chin faring going? :) any est. on a $ price for it yet.

~ 1990 GS500E Project bike ~ Frame up restoration ~ Yosh exhaust, 89 clipons, ...more to come...

~ 98 Shadow ACE 750 ~ Black Straight Pipes ~ UNI Filter ~ Dyno Jet Stage 1 ~ Sissy Bar ~

dgyver

Quote from: scottpeelhow is the chin faring going? :) any est. on a $ price for it yet.
Have not worked on it, no time. No idea about price.

tbblizzard

any idea if maybe tails pieces from a different bike would maybe fit a gs? like the sv maybe since it's already the solo seat type.

if not i may play with it this week and try to copy the shape of the gas tank for the rear seat and just glass a cover to go over it whlie waiting for someone to make a real solo seat. kinda like busa tail piece, but maybe not so tall.

fat_sac

If you're still making these things. I'm interested in a full front out of glass. Is it cheaper, or even tangible yet?

nicolesuzamy

Am I missing something here?  I'm probaby a late late late comer to the GStwin site, yes?  ... Can someone repost the picture of this solo seat. I would love to see it!

Alphamazing

From page 5 in this thread:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/dgyver/BodyWork/GS89-00racetailright.jpg

And from page 1, post 1:
http://www.gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=1212

And Dgyver, any progress on anything?
'05 DR-Z400SM (For Sale)
'04 GS500E (Sold)

Holy crap it's the Wiki!
http://wiki.gstwins.com/

dgyver

Thanks for the offer. But the last mold I made lifted the factory paint off of it. Luckily it was a part I bought. I will not make another mold unless the part is basically expendable.

budget speed demon

well the part is alittle rough as it is, (nothing that should affect the mold though) and I wouldn't mind if it gets destroyed in the process provided we can work out a dicount on a carbon one. I have no need for two because obviosly I can only use one tail piece on a bike. I will send you pics of the part and the condition its in if your interested.
Stealth GS parts include;carbon fiber headlight faring,chin spoiler,V&H full system,NHK steeringdamper,titan solo racetail,cbrF2 carbon fiber chainguard,proformance forksprings with emulators,SS front brake line, gsxr remote reservoir rear shock, pirelli sport demons,79mm pistons(555cc)-more to come

dgyver

Every imperfection shows in the mold and then is transfered to the part. Rough masters do not make for good parts.

budget speed demon

well a little bit of bondo and spraying some primer would take care of the imperfections. I'll try to take some pics of the part and post them so you can see what we're talking about here.
Stealth GS parts include;carbon fiber headlight faring,chin spoiler,V&H full system,NHK steeringdamper,titan solo racetail,cbrF2 carbon fiber chainguard,proformance forksprings with emulators,SS front brake line, gsxr remote reservoir rear shock, pirelli sport demons,79mm pistons(555cc)-more to come

budget speed demon

Alright sorry I took so long with the pics, I've been busy, but here they are.

This is the actual tail

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/gimmeaname1234/SUNP0054.jpg

these are the scrapes in the paint that are on the top

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/gimmeaname1234/SUNP0056.jpg

and this is the one really bad crack in it, (you really gotta push on that to open it up like this)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/gimmeaname1234/SUNP0061.jpg

now a buddy of mine offered to help me out with fixing it up, (he's a fiber glass guru) so if he fixes it up perfect and I can get it to the point where its like new, and I mean BRAN NEW, bondo'd and primed, would you be interested in it? if not thats cool, just lemme know.

dgyver

Let me know after it is fixed. I am not working with a part in that condition.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk