News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

We'll miss you dearly Rich (Phaedrus) - UPDATED 7-02 PM!!

Started by weaselnoze, July 01, 2006, 05:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGoodGuy

It hurts when we lose someone from the motorcycling community, be it someone we know or someone who just happens to ride. It hurts even more when its someone who is family.

Phaedrus, you will be much missed. Rest in peace brother and let endless perfect curvy roads lead you to the peace that motorcycling brought to you.

'01 GS500. Mods: Katana Shock, Progessive Springs, BobB's V&H  Advancer Clone, JeffD's LED tail lights & LED licence plate bolt running lights, flanders superbike bars, magnet under the bike. Recent mods: Rejet with 20/62.5/145, 3 shims on needle, K&N Lunch box.

john

Weasel.  PM me the details (funeral home where he's going to be waked).  We'll send some flowers.  Anybody wants to chip in just paypal some money on the donation page and make sure you put it's for  Rich (Phaedrus).

We'll try to send a nice big bunch of flowers so the family knows he was well thought of by us all.  The card will read something like "We'll miss you dearly -from all of your friends at GStwin"
There is more to this site than a message board.  Check out http://www.gstwin.com

Fear the banana hammer!

pandy

To donate for Phaedrus' flowers:

Click here
'06 SV650s (1 past Gixxer; 3 past GS500s)
I get blamed for EVERYTHING around here!
:woohoo:

annguyen1981

2007 YZF-R6 - Purchased 7/03/07
2004 YZF-R6 - Stolen 5/25/07
2004 GS500f - Sold to Bluelespaul
Killin' a Kitty

pantablo

Phae, you will be missed, sorely missed on this board.

It always seems so unfair when someone is taken from us. Hopefully, knowing that we all cared so deeply for him will make it easier for his family and friends-all of us included-to heal.
Pablo-
http://pantablo500.tripod.com/
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

Mandres

Oh wow, what a terrible loss.  It feels like a family member has passed.  At least he died doing something he loved, we should all be so lucky.

-M

Cal Price

So very sad when someone so young, still developing to their full potential is snatched away. My thoughts and prayers for those close to him that he has left.
Black Beemer  - F800ST.
In Cricket the testicular guard, or Box, was introduced in 1874. The helmet was introduced in 1974. Is there a message??

ashman

Without more details it doesnt feel true or seem to hit home. I never really talked with him much but I was looking at some of the pics from the recent trip some of ya'll did and it is a gut check. I think about what if something had happened to one of my boys that went on the Deals Gap trip recently and really hits hard to think of one of these people I rode along side, shared a laugh with and a great time. What if one of them were gone.

Its funny how we can miss someone we've never really met. I dont know Rich at all, I've never met him in person, or even talked to him online. All I know of him are a few sentences here and there from a motorcycle forum and some pictures of a nice looking guy with a smile on his face and thats all I need.  A few pictures of a young happy guy and the thought he is no longer with us is all I need to break my heart. Ride safe.

-ash
Proud owner of a Bandit 600S former owner of a 93 GS500E

aplitz

Another brother lost.   :cry:  Godspeed friend, and peace to yours.

porsche4786

-Kevin
2005 GS500F (sold), 1989 RX-7, 2006 GSXR 600

kingnerd

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Didnt realy get a chance to know Rich. but im shure i would have liked him!!  prayers for him and his entire family.

john

Quote from: ashman on July 02, 2006, 12:21:23 AM
I was looking at some of the pics from the recent trip some of ya'll did and it is a gut check.
A few pictures of a young happy guy and the thought he is no longer with us is all I need to break my heart. Ride safe.

-ash

Yea I did that too....and felt the same thing.
There is more to this site than a message board.  Check out http://www.gstwin.com

Fear the banana hammer!

average

I really dont know what to say,guys. I was already to say something inappropiate in the TF and see Phae's pic at the top of the page and wonder. I read on and realize that we have lost another member of the GS community. What in the world? He just responded on a few threads that I responded to- always saying something informative and lifting the spirts of even the most negative members or .........derrogative(whichever the case may be)
I can't say amything bad about this guy...
Me being.....without....a demonatation(preferences of religion)....hoping that Rich finds his place in the Circle of Life.... and others can learn from lifes many leasons and teach all
Rich...I did not know you...but your insite(sp) will surely be misse around here and hopefylly we can keep representing your views to the fullest...
Everyone raise what you have......
R.I.P
Rich(Phadreus)
90 gs5 04 Fairings(that's right)
LP flushmounts up front  shortened turn signals
Kanatuna rear wheel swap
Kat FE

Caffeine

Wow.   My prayers to the family, fiancé and friends who knew him.
On those days when life is a little too much and nothing seems to be going right, I pause for a moment to ponder the wise last words of my grandfather:  "I wonder where the mother bear is?"

Joshdt

I am very sorry to here this, I just lost my brother 3 weeks ago in a bike accident, the pain of loosing somone esp your brother is unimagineable and if I can take it I believe just about anyone can. RIP.

The way we did it was not take his death or funeral as the crappyness (cant think of a better word as tired as I am, sorry) of loosing him and him dieing but a celebration of his live and what he brought to this world...

Wrecent_Wryder

h6
"On hiatus" in reaction to out-of-control moderators, thread censorship and member bans, 7/31/07.
Your cure is worse than the disease.
Remember, no one HAS to contribute here.

sledge

Its a tragic loss, and my thoughts are with Rich`s family and friends. Lets all take that little bit of extra care when out on the road next.

billlang675

I never met Phaedrus but feel I know him from this board. This is so very sad.

jen_

'89 project bike

weaselnoze

http://weaselnoze.matrixdancer.com/

RIP RICH! We'll miss you buddy!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk