News:

The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

WHO are you and where are you from?

Started by Jonathan, June 13, 2003, 07:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrgaru

30, male, Sydney Australia. First time bike owner. Have a project 2001 GS500. Plan is to chop the back subframe and make a brat of sorts. I have a thread going here, albeit a slowly progressing one. Hoping to meet other Aussie riders and gain knowledge whilst here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooksalad

20 years old here. First time bike owner, I've had it for 9 months. Born and raised in the 305. Fixing my bike is a love hate relationship  >:(

jackinacabin

I am Jack , living im penzance in Cornwall uk ....  anyone near me ....  just returned to two weels after over two decades ... anyone this end

KHnTX

Karl from Dallas area.  This is my first street bike.  Only ever had quads and dirt bikes as a younger lad.  Needs some cosmetic work, but runs well for a 2007.

wet@work2

Hi, new GS owner  PNWest , 2005 F, Black /silver, been semi-lusting for GS500f for approx 12 years, Had plenty of Suzuki bikes in past,  66 T200, 1970 TC 120, 1972 GT550, 1976 GT 750  Sold my last one,  :cry: 12 yrs ago, (1970 T 500 Titan ), to get my youngest into Merchant Marine Academy (best money I ever spent) Also sold my 1974 BMW R90/6, for that Training, So started thinking about gs 500 back about the time they were slowing down on importing model to states, never got to ride one, tried out the Kawasaki Ninja 500 Wow!, so looked for one of those for a while, but frankly, It was Ugly to me,  Got a 2002 Green Ninja 250 instead , What a great, fun Bike, Loved that thing,Much better styling than the Ninja 500,  Still,  back of the mind (GS500), after  12,000 miles in 4-5 yrs on the ninja, loving small capable bikes I got a 2012 Honda CBR250r, Have put up 18,000 miles on it in 4 yrs,  Always though, the Suzuki GS tugging at my,  (I wonder), :icon_rolleyes: cord,  :icon_idea: So picked up a 2005 GS500F 2 weeks ago 4600 miles, $1700, great shape, has a leaking fork seal , dripping down onto Caliper/pads, not the best place for a leak  :sad: so waiting on parts to come in to fix, (next week) I ve always liked the basic simplicity of the GS, so hoping to get it on the road soon and hitting the Twisties,

brooklynbiker

HEY! HEY! 25 in Brooklyn transplant by way of Atlanta. Wanted a bike since high school and finally made the decision to take a class and buy one ('08) in May so still new. I try to do my own work on it but have a lot to learn. If there are any other female-riders in the area; HMU :)

TheRealScradley

Hello everyone! I am 25yo, from New Brunswick Canada, just joining the forum now. I got my licence this spring, and purchased a 2005 GS500F. I hadn't done much riding previously, but have fallen in love!

johnny ro

Johnny Ro.

Back after a few years. currently looking at a 2002 naked near me tomorrow, he asks $1800, looks super clean in the craigslist ads, claims stored inside heated garage, 8k miles.

Add to the tiny fleet, DL650, XJ600s, SR400, SRX 250.

I miss my yellow 2004.

Cheers!

JayDubDudeJr.

Late 20s bicycle mechanic fro m Los Angeles. I'm currently rebuilding a 97 GS I was given. My friend had purchased this bike for 1500 2 years ago with a salvage title. :dunno_white: it's been rotting in his drive for almost a year. i took it off his hands for the cost of reg.  I'm in the process of swapping a 03 GSXR 600 fork for which I will do a wright up on.   The forum has been a wealth of information.
I just work on bicycles.

Kilted1

Boise, Idaho USA checking in!  51 yr old communications tech.  I've had big bikes and small bikes and the GS is just right.  Also own a Jonway 250 scooter which I inherited a couple years ago.  Since I bought it a couple months ago, I've found this forum to be invaluable and it seems like a friendly place as well.  I need some tech help and will be making a post regarding that but thought I should take a moment to say hello.  :) 

Sarasi

Hiya! I'm from the Netherlands, a student. The GS500 was my dream bike so I bought one even before I had my license.  :icon_mrgreen:

Now, after three years of riding, it's still my favorite bike. I've since ridden several other bikes, but every time I hop off those and back on my Duckling (nickname), it's a small sigh of relief/belonging. It fits me very well and I love the handling. The only bike that ever came close was the KTM 790 Duke.

This is my love.  :embarrassed:
'02 GS500H ("Duckling")
RVS exhaust system | steel braided front brake line | progressive fork springs | R6 '11 rear shock | adjustable brake & clutch levers | heated grips

rrosado3

New owner, picked up a 2007 GS500F at an auction as a track bike. Can't wait to mod it out for the track and learn a lot!

Rob from SA

G'day, Rob here, 57 yo truck driver from South Australia. Just getting back into riding after a 15 year hiatus. Hoping to pick up some tips and tricks on keeping my GS 500 in top condition.
1971 Yamaha AT1 125
1972 Honda CB 250K4
1984 Suzuki GSX 750 EF
2003 Suzuki GS 500 E

BigKat92

Chem teacher and motorcycle repair shop, empty nest, full garage. Hailing from Bucks County, PA. Thanks for having me.

Bill Denton
Yardley, PA
Lazarus CycleWorks
"We Breathe New Life into Old Bikes"

IdaSuzi

Hey there! I'm originally from the Tri-Cities in Eastern Washington but I am currently in Idaho going through college. I am on my third year of school, married, 22 years old and looking forward to my first GS500. I'll be going to look at a couple different bikes in Utah in the coming week and plan on getting a winter project of sorts to work on. I'm a skilled auto mechanic and looking forward to working on bikes a little more. I wanted a GS500 when I was in High school but the parents vetoed any road bikes and so I stuck to dirt bikes, a quad and when I moved out I did tool around on a beat up DR350 but this will be my first commuting bike that I can work on my skills a little and learn about bike repair. Good to be on the forum!
1998 RM125
1995 RM250
1999 Yamaha Banshee (Kind of a bike???)
1993 DR350
2008 GS500F naked conversion, Kat 600 shock, Yoshi Slip On, Progressive Springs, 20/62.5/140 rejet, Fenderectomy, LED Front and Rear Signals

abraxas64

Im Ricardo from Hollywood ,Fl i just get my GS500 to the shop this morning, i realized that there is gas mixed with oil inside the engine, it happened to me twice already, i hope it going to be just a cleaning  engine plus 2 new spark plugs, does anybody had the same problem?

doeplidoep

Hello, I am 21 years old, born and living in the Netherlands. Soon to be working on a cargo ship and since 3 weeks ago I am a proud owner of a suzuki gs500 1989 :D

Falken Hawke

Forgot about the auto-logoff thing, lost everything...  I will summarize.

Purchased '95 GS in 2K from original owner after going down once and sitting for two years, rode daily '03-06, purchased YZF600R substitute from friend while fixing some punk b@#!%&'s damage to GS after hitting it in parking lot, purchased SXV450 in '07 'cause it's freakin' nuts, daily rode GS again in '09 after swapping carbs to Keihin CR33's and Woodcraft Clipon's with Motion Pro push-pull throttle and cables 'cause stock carbs would come apart anymore, swapped speedo with Acewell instrument panel after cable broke and added tach drive blockoff plug from GS500F, went down in '16 and had to install Raask rearsets I had purchased previously as I intended to complete GS mods along with complete teardown, inspection/overhaul, cleanup and reassembly.  Brembo RCS15 with CBR600F4 caliper and adapter with Galfer line and R6 shock swap to be completed during that time.

Basically, lurking since 2K from Hawaii, island of Oahu which is also the City & County of Honolulu and location of the only Suzuki Parts Supplier for the State of Hawaii.  I kid you not, I cannot get any new Suzuki OEM parts from anywhere other than the local dealer.  Learned about that five days ago.
QuoteShyamalan said it was his kids that told him about Avatar, and that it was they that urged him to make the film.

Conclusion: Shyamalan hates his kids.
-jollyjack on Deviant Art-

Raw666

36 year old White GUY Living in Ocala Florida , From New York though
08 GS500F , 1.00 Sonic Springs, R6 shock

hummerfam

36 yr old EMT and Mom working on my first bike project.  1991 Suzuki Gs500.  California born and raised now living in Washington.

1991 Suzuki GS500

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk