News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

92 GS500E let the project begin.

Started by The fink, February 21, 2015, 01:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

89gS500_Kirk

Yea I already contacted them and they refunded me half my money since the clutch lever worked fine. I am just going to have to modify the brake lever, thanks for the replies.

Suzi Q

I ran into the same issue, but didn't catch it until after the return period, so the seller never responded to my inquiry. Luckily, the ones they sent (which were labeled as fitting a gs500) WILL fit the SV, so it's not a total loss. just have to find a reputable source for GS levers.
Deals on Amsoil if you want it. PM me for details.

The fink

With the help from my brother in law I finally have the engine in. Still many things to do, but it feels good to have it this far.

Be who YOU are, and say what YOU feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

The fink

Not sure how to post pics now that photobucket isn't free. At least you can click the link.
Be who YOU are, and say what YOU feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

The fink

-Dr. Seuss

ShowBizWolf

Holy crap The fink is back!!!!!!!!!!!

Imgur doesn't load on the work computers  :technical: but I'll be sure to check them out when I get home later!!!

I switched over to Imgur too when PB decided to be dickbags.... you can still put the pictures in the thread, I just can't remember off the top of my head which button you click. I'll get back to ya on that one ;)
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

The fink

Quote from: ShowBizWolf on October 10, 2017, 04:07:36 PM
Holy crap The fink is back!!!!!!!!!!!

Imgur doesn't load on the work computers  :technical: but I'll be sure to check them out when I get home later!!!

I switched over to Imgur too when PB decided to be dickbags.... you can still put the pictures in the thread, I just can't remember off the top of my head which button you click. I'll get back to ya on that one ;)
Haha! Thanks Biz! PB is indeed dickbags! And it's only at the low price of like $500 for a year....lol! Sheesh. That would be helpful to know how to post directly to the site though. Hope all is well.  :cheers:
-Dr. Seuss

Big Rich

Here's what I've been using:

https://postimages.org

Little more work to post pics than Photobucket, but it works well and is free. Good job seƱor Fink!
83 GR650 (riding / rolling project)

It's opener there in the wide open air...

ShowBizWolf

Now that I'm home, I have to say I am loving the pics!!! It's awesome to finally have an update :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Here's what I do when I want to post a pic in a thread. The pink arrow is pointing to what size of picture you wanna post. I've had the best luck with "Large Thumbnail" but it could be different for you. The green arrow is pointing to the link you click to copy and paste into a reply or thread here on the forum. Super easy once I figured it out lol! And I'm letting my Mom's new one-eyed kitten Uno make an appearance here cuz he is such a darling :-* But I made sure it wasn't a massive photo cuz this is your thread... I used "Medium Thumbnail" for this pic :icon_razz:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

qcbaker

For anyone unaware, here is how you post  images:

[img]https://www.exampleimagehostingsite.com/exampleimage.jpg[/img]

Obviously, the URL should be changed to wherever your image is stored (in this case, Imgur)

Here is how you resize a posted image:

[img width=1000]https://www.exampleimagehostingsite.com/exampleimage.jpg[/img]

The "1000" can be changed to however many pixels wide you'd like the image to be.

The fink

Thanks for the info everyone.
-Dr. Seuss

The fink

Yes! I figured out how to post images off Imgur! Thanks again for the help. So, a bit of an update. I'm slowly but surely chipping away at progress on this thing. I still have a long list of small things to do, but my long list of big things to do is considerably smaller. All the wiring is sorted out and ran to its correct position. I'll take this winter to accumulate the rest of the things I need, then come spring I'll see if I can make her come alive.

-Dr. Seuss

The fink

A bit more of an update. I have my pegs on and figured out. I had a look at ShowBiz' thread and saw how she did it. I thought that looked like a great way to solve the problem of aftermarket pegs on these bikes.
I decided on two different styles of pegs, I originally bought the small ones for all pegs, but quickly realized they seemed to small for my liking. So I ordered the bigger round style ones. They provide more room which I like. I figured I'll rarely have a passenger so the smaller pegs will work fine for the rear. 
I also got the exhaust painted and wrapped in exhaust wrap. I know, I know, it will probably rust, but I'm a sucker for how it looks, I've always liked it.
I also got the gas cap finished up.
I'm still slowing accumulating things I need, but I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel with this thing. Anyways, thanks for following along with me, here are the pics.

-Dr. Seuss

J_Walker

I kinda wanna see gold flake in that green color. BASS BOAT GREEN.  :icon_twisted:

Looks good, reminds me of - A guys who's user name is forgotten by me. That did the red GS500 drag bike. lol
-Walker

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

The fink

Quote from: J_Walker on November 10, 2017, 07:36:13 AM
I kinda wanna see gold flake in that green color. BASS BOAT GREEN.  :icon_twisted:

Looks good, reminds me of - A guys who's user name is forgotten by me. That did the red GS500 drag bike. lol

Yeah i know right, that would look pretty dang cool.
-Dr. Seuss

The fink

Quote from: cbrfxr67 on November 10, 2017, 08:40:40 AM
,...so clean
Thanks dude, i'm hoping to dirty her up real soon though. This winter is going to drag, I just know it,  :2guns:
-Dr. Seuss

Big Rich

Quote from: The fink on November 11, 2017, 05:55:47 AM
,...so clean
Thanks dude, i'm hoping to dirty her up real soon though. This winter is going to drag, I just know it,  :2guns:

Could always trailer it Texas or something.....just saying! Sometimes the "itch" needs scratched.
83 GR650 (riding / rolling project)

It's opener there in the wide open air...

The fink

Quote from: Big Rich on November 11, 2017, 06:15:00 PM
Quote from: The fink on November 11, 2017, 05:55:47 AM
,...so clean

Could always trailer it Texas or something.....just saying! Sometimes the "itch" needs scratched.
Haha! I know right, Rich. It will give me time to finish up little things. I'll survive one way or another.
-Dr. Seuss

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk