News:

The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

Last Post Wins - V3

Started by Toledo Jim, March 17, 2013, 12:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peteGS

All parts sanded and washed and last night I got the masking done on the two parts that require it and got those hung up as well.

Tonight I need to hang the rest up and give them all a once over with wax and grease remover. I also need to get the shed expanded and get my tarps/plastic clipped up ready to go.

The prediction for the weekend is showers on Saturday and rain on Sunday, so I won't be surprised if I do all this and just have them sitting there waiting for paint until next weekend...  :technical:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

Mr. Murphy and his friggin laws  Eh?
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

peteGS

I subscribe to O'Rielly's law... Murphy was an optimist...

It's cloudy out but no rain in sight yet, might luck out!

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

true. but whichever way it goes,  youre set up. im sittinng here trying to figure out what next for the cow. basically at a creative and budget impasse.  its essentially  finished except  for making a metal wheel. the rest is aesthetics ( and electrical work.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

Electrojake

Current Stable: Suzuki DL1000k6, a Grom, two 70's vintage PUCH mopeds, and my kid's WR250R

yamahonkawazuki

basically meant that pete is ready to go even if it rains hes et up. on my end, the electrical work would be wiring in a horn to a battery, and switch along with relay. ( this is what i meant by electrical work., the wheel disc is secondary. cause it really isnt necessary unless i hit hills. but definately on to do list hopefully soon. after these things its 100% done. its rideable as is. just not complete. (horn and lights)
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

Keen to see the finished product once the cow is done Yama  :thumb:

And I got two breaks with the weather yesterday... one in the morning to get two coats of self etching primer and two coats of primer surfacer done, then another break in the avo to get four coats of satin black done.

'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

i lack probably around 75 to get the last bits for it. once i raise  that, the end shall come quickly. ( this covers the battery, horn, maybe some  wiring connectors, and im thinking of setting up a quick disconnect on the battery as well, as well as the  pizza pan discs for the wheel "metallization" (as well as the short bolts to fasten those to wheel assy.) cool thing is i wont have to remove rear to mark the discs for cutting and drilling. since all 3 wheels are  idenntical i  can use front for this purpose.
Btw forgive my rudeness my friend.. meant to say i see the end coming in your sculpture. you are sooooo close. :)
Aaron
p.s. ive located some older working battery operated bicycle flashers i can put to use plus a BRIGHT  (slyde) flashlight  for headlight.  so this will minimise expeditures in that dept. ( except for a handlebar mounted flashlight clip)
".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

Cash is always the biggest issue... time is annoying but things can usually get sorted.

And now I have a disaster... tried a suggestion to pop some of the dent out of the tank using heat and compressed air... I've ended up with a slightly smaller dent and a distorted out of shape tank... kicking myself right now  :technical: :technical: :mad: :mad:

Not the fault of the suggestor, my own fault for not taking due care and attention. I don't know if it's repairable or not now... will have to find out.

'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Janx101

peteGS

Yeah something like that! Still kickin' myself but have had a couple of people who know their stuff say it can be fixed, so there's hope. I need to have a chat to a man about a horse...
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

ShowBizWolf

Omg I would have had a stroke!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

SUPER glad to hear it can be fixed.
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

yamahonkawazuki

nice :). btw if ive  not said it before,  ive read your buddha sig, and after meeting  him in  person, he is that sig, but in a good way lol.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

ShowBiz... I didn't quite have a stroke but hung my head in shame and shook it... almost decided to walk away from the Kat for a bit but chose not to admit defeat  :thumb: Just hoping it's repairable for reasonable $$$ otherwise I'm a little stumped as to what to do other than just delay the project even more to save up some more cash.

CBR, that's pretty cool!

And Yama, that buddha quote is spot on for my 450, took nearly 10 years between off the road and back on again  :icon_lol:

Happy with how the painted bits worked out  :thumb:

'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

if worse comes to worse my friend, have you considered the use of body filler? ( bondo or whatever its called there) if done right it tends to last.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

Body filler ain't gonna work out now... the way the tank is it won't even fit on the Kat any more  :technical:

Time to do what I should've done and leave it to the experts  :thumb:

Managed to collapse the shed and bring the Kat back inside between showers last night so now I can work out what fasteners I need and get all those painted bits mounted up. I also need to get the rubber edge trim permanently secured to the battery/electrics tray so the wiring doesn't chafe on the edge, I have some adhesive around here somewhere for that.

Hopefully I can get out of work early enough tomorrow so I can pick all the fasteners I need up and get some progress done on the weekend. It'll be raining again so no riding this weekend as it just won't be fun.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

gotcha, i misunderstood.  heres hoping for the best Eh?
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

All good, and yep can only hope for the best!

Won't get out for a ride tomorrow with the weather how it is so hopefully next weekend I'll be able to catch up with him and see what's what.

Ordered a bunch of fasteners last night and hoping I can pick them up at lunch today which will let me get the various trays and such mounted up to the frame where I can then just leave them there as another finished item.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

yes the end of the truck  trailer is within sight. ( i uloaded trucks back in the day. the moment i saw the front end, i knew the job was nearly complete) youre knocking out lil piddling jobs for right now. other than  mounting engine and such, not much in major job land left to do :)
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk