Author Topic: What Oil do you Aussie riders use ?  (Read 2550 times)

Offline glennmcc@opensuse.us

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Local Club Racer
Re: What Oil do you Aussie riders use ?
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2014, 04:10:48 AM »
I use Castrol Activ 4T Motorcycle Oil - 15W-50. Thats all i have used with no problems. Occasionally on special at super cheap auto. I have done 90000kms so far.

That's what my local Suzuki dealer uses, and I have been using it.
Bought my GS in August 2013

Offline Freestyla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Local Club Racer
Re: What Oil do you Aussie riders use ?
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 02:56:16 AM »
I picked up my 2008 GS500 at just on 3400km's, it had been left sitting for some time and no idea what oil was being used when I purchased.
On the ride home, noticed the gear changes were ok, however when I got home struggled to get the bike into Neutral.  However on reflection, this could have been because I needed to put out the clutch slightly to engage when stopped.

Anyway the next day I did a complete oil change to Motul 5100 (Semi-Synthetic) with a new Suzuki filter, didn't replace the O ring.
Ridden with it until now with just on 6000km's, gear changes have been mostly without issue and easy, a couple of times were tougher than others but could have been me learning the bike.

Just now changed to Amsoil 4T (Fully Synthetic) 10W-40 with a K&N filter and the gear changes are super super smooth, amazing, really surprised me just how easy you have to tap the gear lever for a change.  I had read a bit about oils before deciding to just try Amsoil and thats it, I'm sold, done no more shopping around, unless over the next few thousand K's it causes me grief.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 02:58:45 AM by Freestyla »