Author Topic: Aldi Motorcycle Gear  (Read 1028 times)

Offline noworries

• Beloved resident troll. And damn proud of it!
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • AMA Superbike Racer
Aldi Motorcycle Gear
« on: August 02, 2014, 01:41:21 AM »
Buzz is that the annual Aldi motorcycle gear sale is scheduled for Sat 9 August.

Offline peteGS

• Das alte knacker !
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Zuks rock!
Re: Aldi Motorcycle Gear
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 08:02:53 PM »
Cheers for the heads up!
'82 GS450E

Offline noworries

• Beloved resident troll. And damn proud of it!
  • AMA Superbike Racer

Offline Freestyla

• Local Club Racer
Re: Aldi Motorcycle Gear
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 02:47:10 AM »
Guys, yesterday I picked up the following Torque branded items from Aldi.

Jacket (with Level 2 Armour) - Great quality material and the armour is the most solid and sturdy feeling I've ever felt.  An absolute bargain at $129 with heaps of pockets.

Pants (also Level 2) - Once again great quality and matching the jacket, I have no complains on these at $99.

Midlayer Top - Perfect under jacket top which seems to be good quality, not sure it's worth $29 but will do the job nicely, so I'll be keeping it.

Carbon Knuckle Gloves - No problems with these, thought at first I would return but I'll keep these as a spare set. I recently picked up some warmer ones, however they were double the price of these.  Picked these up for $29.

Socks x2 Pairs - Feel like quality, haven't tried them on yet, however can't see these being a problem at all, for the price, these appear to be great. $9 each

I went in to Aldi to pick up the Jeans, however they just didn't seem like enough quality for the $$$, I've seen others for $20 more that have better armour and all round quality.
The helmets looked ok, but didn't need one, mine which was double the price ($130 - a cheap one anyway) has a visor and looks a bit better.
Leather jackets are not for me, however they looked pretty good if you're into them.

Appears Aldi does this motorcycle sale every August, I would definitely hit this up again, great overall.