92 GS500E let the project begin.

Started by The fink, February 21, 2015, 01:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShowBizWolf

Here ya go :-)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

The fink

Quote from: ShowBizWolf on February 28, 2015, 05:31:25 AM
Here ya go :-)
well its confirmed, it's as creepy as I thought!  :icon_eek: Good job on it though  :thumb:
Be who YOU are, and say what YOU feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

ShowBizWolf

Hehe thank you! Yes creepy was what I was going for when I painted this one.

Now... back to your build!!!  :cheers:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

The fink

Be who YOU are, and say what YOU feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

The fink

Well I've been making some progress, I've started to paint a few things.
-Dr. Seuss

syntax_error

GS500Schultz

you really are going to make me go all out on my bike now aren't you?

damn you and the sexy pictures you post!
You don't own a project bike..
The Project bike owns you!

The fink

-Dr. Seuss

The fink

Quote from: GS500Schultz on March 03, 2015, 06:28:46 PM
you really are going to make me go all out on my bike now aren't you?

damn you and the sexy pictures you post!
It's good to inspire each other, lord knows I've been inspired by alot of you guys  :thumb:
-Dr. Seuss

GS500Schultz

just wish my project would move a little quicker.

I blew the trans in my car today so the GS is now on the back burner...looks like i might just have it rideable this year and do all my customness next winter

The fink

Quote from: GS500Schultz on March 03, 2015, 07:23:58 PM
just wish my project would move a little quicker.

I blew the trans in my car today so the GS is now on the back burner...looks like i might just have it rideable this year and do all my customness next winter
Damn that sucks. Yeah I'm in that anccy stage where I want things done quicker, all my mind can think about is the GS, oh well, patience is a virtue I guess.
-Dr. Seuss

The fink

Ok so I got my other odds n ends painted up last night. I still have other parts to paint but this is a start.
I used the VHT high temp paint, which I'm sure many of you are familiar with, if you are not, check it out, it's a really great product. It says for it to reach its full potential it needs to be heated, of course for a engine that is achieved by running it. So for these parts I baked them in the oven at °200 for 1 hour, this is my kind of baking  :thumb:

-Dr. Seuss

ShowBizWolf

Awesome idea... looks GREAT! That's my kind of baking too :-D

syntax_error

How was the smell of baking them? I am worried about fumes and my daughter. I will be doing this as well.

The fink

-Dr. Seuss

The fink

Quote from: syntax_error on March 04, 2015, 11:56:05 AM
How was the smell of baking them? I am worried about fumes and my daughter. I will be doing this as well.
Yeah I was a little worried too, it's not bad at all, I just made sure I had all bearings really clean.
-Dr. Seuss

GS500Schultz

Quote from: The fink on March 04, 2015, 01:05:16 PM
Yeah I was a little worried too, it's not bad at all, I just made sure I had all bearings really clean.

you baked the bearings? please god tell me they're just metal with no rubber in them...

i always always always remove bearings with any heat being applied

The fink

Quote from: GS500Schultz on March 04, 2015, 02:36:45 PM

you baked the bearings? please god tell me they're just metal with no rubber in them...

There is a little rubber, no damage done, if it was hotter then 200 degrees I would of removed them, maybe I did a no no but all is well :embarassed:
-Dr. Seuss

GS500Schultz

Quote from: The fink on March 04, 2015, 03:04:55 PM
Quote from: GS500Schultz on March 04, 2015, 02:36:45 PM

There is a little rubber, no damage done, if it was hotter then 200 degrees I would of removed them, maybe I did a no no but all is well :embarassed:

I hope they're okay, put the wheel on with out the brake caliper and spin it. if there is any resistance you might need new bearings.

syntax_error

I doubt that the bearing would be hurt at 200*. It would take more than that to burn the greese.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk