News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

Gun Owners?

Started by Kijona, May 29, 2012, 10:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kijona

Anybody here into guns besides FunderB?

List what you got!

Twism86

I like to sling some lead from time to time. I have a SKS for the range and a Mossy 500 pump for shooting clay.
First bike - 2002 GS500E - Sold
Current - 2012 Triumph Street Triple R
"Its more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"

Tom

ojstinson

I have 6 handguns--- two .357 mag revolvers, two 32 autos, and two .22 revolvers.

I also have two .22 rifles, one is a pump action that is about 70 years old, the other is a newer break away single shot with a scope, and a pump 410 shotgun. I used to have a lever action 30-30, a 30-06, and two 12 guage pump shotguns, but gave them away.
I'm not a racist, some of my best friends are you people.

Flux Maven

I keep all my guns in my dads gun case and have access to his and mine so between us there is: lever action 30-30, 270, break action 12 gauge, bolt action .22, pump .22, semi auto .22, a really small .22 rifle that breaks down so you can put it in a back pack,  2 .22 revolvers, and an old 410. Used to have a 30-06 and a pump 12ga but then we got the 270. Mostly just buy bricks of .22 shells and plink at things in the back yard. Occasionally destroy things with the shotgun  :2guns: The next gun I buy will be a derringer, I know they are completely pointless, but they are cool and cheap so I want one. After that I will  get a new pump or semi auto 12 gauge. SO MUCH DESTRUCTION.  :cookoo: :woohoo:
99 GS500E, 72 TS125 Pics thread http://tinyurl.com/fluxmaven

dougdoberman

Kimber Custom Classic .45
Browning Hi-Power Practical .40
Glock 17C 9mm
Taurus PT92 AFS 9mm
Ruger 22/45  .22
Ruger Mk II  .22
Colt Peacemaker 22  .22

Norinco SKS  7.62x39mm
Winchester 9422  .22
Some ancient .22 single shot

Winchester Model 12   12 gauge
If you can't be a good example, at least try to be a horrible reminder.

dougdoberman

Quote from: Flux Maven on May 30, 2012, 01:03:39 PM
I keep all my guns in my dads gun case and have access to his and mine so between us there is: lever action 30-30, 270, break action 12 gauge, bolt action .22, pump .22, semi auto .22, a really small .22 rifle that breaks down so you can put it in a back pack,  2 .22 revolvers, and an old 410. Used to have a 30-06 and a pump 12ga but then we got the 270. Mostly just buy bricks of .22 shells and plink at things in the back yard. Occasionally destroy things with the shotgun  :2guns: The next gun I buy will be a derringer, I know they are completely pointless, but they are cool and cheap so I want one. After that I will  get a new pump or semi auto 12 gauge. SO MUCH DESTRUCTION.  :cookoo: :woohoo:

Flux what make & model is the take-down .22 rifle?  What's the accuracy like at say 50 yards?  Does it fire to same point of aim when you break it apart and then reassemble it?

If you can't be a good example, at least try to be a horrible reminder.

Kijona

Quote from: dougdoberman on May 30, 2012, 01:24:11 PM
Quote from: Flux Maven on May 30, 2012, 01:03:39 PM

Flux what make & model is the take-down .22 rifle?  What's the accuracy like at say 50 yards?  Does it fire to same point of aim when you break it apart and then reassemble it?

It's probably the Ruger 10/22 Take-Down version. http://www.ruger.com/products/1022Takedown/models.html

So far I haven't heard anything bad about it. It's still a 10/22 though...and while they're good, they're not the most accurate by any means.

Kijona

I have:

Taurus TCP .380ACP stainless
S&W Sigma .40S&W stainless w/ 5lb trigger (half what it was from the factory) and Hi-Viz Glock fiberoptic sight
S&W 22A .22LR sport pistol
Marlin Model 60 w/ 3-9x32 scope
Mossberg Maverick 88 (same as the 500, just fewer bells and whistles) 12ga

Flux Maven

I have no idea what make and model that is, it's an antique and one of my dads (his dad passed it down to him). I have only shot it once and it wasn't very accurate (it also only shoots shorts). I need to pull it out an look it over some time, it's a neat old gun. Most of our guns are old family heirlooms, My 270 is the newest. The 30-30 looks almost brand new but it's probably pushing 25 years old. My dad bought it when he was in high school and has took excellent care of it. Still takes it deer hunting every year!
99 GS500E, 72 TS125 Pics thread http://tinyurl.com/fluxmaven

VerdonD952

Quote from: dougdoberman on May 30, 2012, 01:14:20 PM
Kimber Custom Classic .45
Browning Hi-Power Practical .40
Glock 17C 9mm
Taurus PT92 AFS 9mm
Ruger 22/45  .22
Ruger Mk II  .22
Colt Peacemaker 22  .22

Norinco SKS  7.62x39mm
Winchester 9422  .22
Some ancient .22 single shot

Winchester Model 12   12 gauge

mmm kimber!  I love thoes!

My Collection:
Remmington 7mm mag  (deer, elk, caribou, bear gun,  really anything in North America)
200 year old + Parker Bros 16 gauge side by side (bird gun)
Mossberg 700 12g  (duck gun)
Ithica 20g pump  (bird gun on a nasty day) also comes with a dearslayer barrel  for deer of corse!
an old .45 from back in the 70s.  not sure the make, but it shoots straight!

...now the collection at my parents place would be two long to list.  Put it this way,  3 gun safes full....yes FULL.  and not these little Kmart POS ones.  Top of the line fire proof safes that hold up to 40.

so who wants to join my Militia?
Peace out girl scout,

VerdonD952

yamahonkawazuki

before my health went to shaZam!, i had a 2.5" bbl smith 500 ( painful to shoot mother of all kickback lol) also a NEF single shot 10ga again, mother of all kicks. it hit harder than a woman on a bad daymy favourite gun though was my mothers taurus pt22. which again had to sell. taking a mental askicking over those and her watch. one day perhaps will rebuild my gun stash. friend has a barret 50cal. FUN to shoot. but @ $5 per shot it doesnt get shot that often
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

tialloydragon

Shotguns:
Remington 1100 sporting 12
Beretta Al391 Urika Trap
Remington 1100 LT20
Saiga 12 converted back to pistol grip (as it should be)

Rifles:
Remington Model 7 in 308
FN FS2000 bullpup
Marlin 1894 in 44mag
Keltec Sub2000 9mm
SKS
Walther G22
Remington Targetmaster

Handguns:
Springfield XD9SC
Glock 19
Kahr P9 Covert
Israeli Arms Kareen MKII
Citadel 1911 compact
Taurus PT709
Diamondback DB9
Magnum Research Micro Desert Eagle
Walther P22
Phoenix Arms HP22
Firestar M45
Colt Pony Pocketlite
North American Arms Black Widow
Leinad 45LC/410ga side by side derringer

I think that's everything. 
Life is Full of Little Victories and Huge Defeats

Kijona

Quote from: tialloydragon on May 30, 2012, 06:27:37 PM
Shotguns:
Remington 1100 sporting 12
Beretta Al391 Urika Trap
Remington 1100 LT20
Saiga 12 converted back to pistol grip (as it should be)

Rifles:
Remington Model 7 in 308
FN FS2000 bullpup
Marlin 1894 in 44mag
Keltec Sub2000 9mm
SKS
Walther G22
Remington Targetmaster

Handguns:
Springfield XD9SC
Glock 19
Kahr P9 Covert
Israeli Arms Kareen MKII
Citadel 1911 compact
Taurus PT709
Diamondback DB9
Magnum Research Micro Desert Eagle
Walther P22
Phoenix Arms HP22
Firestar M45
Colt Pony Pocketlite
North American Arms Black Widow
Leinad 45LC/410ga side by side derringer

I think that's everything.

How do you like that DB9? I was contemplating buying their compact 380 instead of the TCP but heard not-so-great things about it.

yamahonkawazuki

out of all the db9's ive sold @ shop only complaint was buyers remorse. no fonctional issues. trying to talk owner into explandingshop to include a shooting range. so one can test drive a weapon before purchase
".
A proud Mormon

jandbj

More than I need... But fewer than I'd like!   :2guns:

yamahonkawazuki

L   M   F   A   O   
".
A proud Mormon

Kijona

Quote from: yamahonkawazuki on May 30, 2012, 09:58:01 PM
L   M   F   A   O   

Funny that you should mention that particular gun. I was at the shooting range earlier tonight and somebody that was shooting that very same gun, had it blow up in their face. Luckily nobody was hurt. It was determined that the retention pin (I think that's what it's called - the pin that holds the slide and everything together, the same one you remove to take it apart) snapped and the whole gun came apart while firing. The barrel was lodged in the wall. Pretty bad QC from Ruger IMO.

Kijona

Quote from: Flux Maven on May 30, 2012, 02:17:23 PM
I have no idea what make and model that is, it's an antique and one of my dads (his dad passed it down to him). I have only shot it once and it wasn't very accurate (it also only shoots shorts). I need to pull it out an look it over some time, it's a neat old gun. Most of our guns are old family heirlooms, My 270 is the newest. The 30-30 looks almost brand new but it's probably pushing 25 years old. My dad bought it when he was in high school and has took excellent care of it. Still takes it deer hunting every year!

Oh. Well, I was wrong, lol. No idea then...they've made some funky guns over the years.

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: Kijona on May 30, 2012, 10:10:51 PM
Quote from: yamahonkawazuki on May 30, 2012, 09:58:01 PM
L   M   F   A   O   
ive sold 3 dozen of them over the past 2 weeks. no issues. perhaps faulty maintenance of its owner? idk.

Funny that you should mention that particular gun. I was at the shooting range earlier tonight and somebody that was shooting that very same gun, had it blow up in their face. Luckily nobody was hurt. It was determined that the retention pin (I think that's what it's called - the pin that holds the slide and everything together, the same one you remove to take it apart) snapped and the whole gun came apart while firing. The barrel was lodged in the wall. Pretty bad QC from Ruger IMO.
".
A proud Mormon

mister

I have a personnel-sized railgun. FTW  :woohoo:

A MkII laser Pistol I won from Darth Vader in a game of Pachisi

3 M16s with never-ending ammo mags I was given by Rambo as a gift for assistance rendered.

Michael

GS Picture Game - Lists of Completed Challenges & Current Challenge http://tinyurl.com/GS500PictureGame and http://tinyurl.com/GS500PictureGameList2

GS500 Round Aust Relay http://tinyurl.com/GS500RoundAustRelay

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk