News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

GS500 Rear Huggers

Started by airbrush, January 01, 2006, 11:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gibo

Are the carbon fiber ones still available?

stroztech

Ordered my fibreglass one today  :woohoo:
Adrian
Current Ride: 2000 Kawasaki Vulcan VN1500 Nomad Fi

airbrush

Only 2 fibreglass painted huggers left...
jeff - 2004GS500F...custom paint by me, :)

-Maker of GS500 rear huggers/GS500 keychains - get yours

www.custom-airbrush.com
jeff@custom-airbrush.com

adidasguy

Got my 2 today. Phenix and whatever I name the other bike build will both be happy!

mysterious_rider

£100 pounds each? That seems overly expensive for a piece of plastic?

airbrush

Quote from: mysterious_rider on March 05, 2012, 12:12:05 PM
£100 pounds each? That seems overly expensive for a piece of plastic?

they are not plastic. Each one is hand laid fibreglass or carbonfibre

www.custom-airbrush.com
jeff@custom-airbrush.com

adidasguy

Trust me - they're nice. Worth every penny, schilling, farthing and even a further farthing.
I have bought 4 I think (maybe 5?) for all my bikes and projects.
The design helps keep the suspension clean. It covers the gap between the inner plastic fender and the swing arm. So crud doesn't fly into the suspension. Sweet!

zute72

I'm thinking that's a great addition!  O0

adidasguy

Get one before they're gone. You won't regret it.
Here's one on Suzi

airbrush

Actually, they are all gone now...just shipped the last one the other day.

www.custom-airbrush.com
jeff@custom-airbrush.com

adidasguy

Too bad they're gone. Sorry I can't spare one. Maybe later this year. After Phenix is done, I plan to sell Trey so I'll take off all the added goodies (as they do not increase sales value much) which includes a hugger.

Maybe he can license the design to someone that does fiberglass work? I can't do it maybe someone can.

If you can't get a hugger, how about buying a stainless steel chain guard from me?  :icon_lol:

zute72

:thumb: Might be a possibility! I guess I better get more cash before I head down tomorrow!  :icon_rolleyes:

kyle1

Sorry if this is dumb, but would your fenders fit on a 1990 gs500e? (they just have that little plastic lip that keeps dirt out of the moving parts)

adidasguy

Fits all years if he still has any. I have them on all my bikes 1992, 1994, 2009 and upcoming builds.
The swingarm is the same except for color.
The chain guard is the same - but you really should put on my stainless steel chain guard. Much cooler than the plastic thingy they give you.

jdoorn14

I'm interested in one of these huggers. I have investigated other options, but I haven't seen a finished result using a Bandit 400 or similar that looked right. I would prefer fibreglass, but I would accept Carbon Fiber if that's the only version available.

I read in an earlier post that they are all gone...which is sorely disappointing for new members who have only recently entered into the GS brotherhood.  :cry:

:whisper: In the case that airbrush has no more and no immediate plans to make more, I might be persuaded into paying a small premium as an incentive for a special production run. 
It seems it has become necessary to qualify my posts:
I am/am not trying to start an argument. This post is/is not intended to be a personal attack. I am/am not merely attempting to present a different viewpoint.

Select the words that apply to you.

rat man407

i was just wondering if somebody could take a few photos of one that not on the bike i would like to try bluiding my own but have no clue what shape

thanks for anyone's help

adidasguy

I found I have one that I will not be using. It is fiberglass.
Will sell for what the cost was plus postage.
I think that was like $200 US dollars.
New, in the box.

Dr.Wevil

hey addidasguy

Are these easy to install? What benefits are they to the bike? Could be interested in it.
Cheers

adidasguy

Easy to install. Drill 2 holes in the top of the chain guard. Bolt on. Zip tie to the right side torque arm.
1. They look cool
2, They cover the 3" gap between the rear fender and the swing arm, thus keeping crud and dirt off of the suspension area
3. They add 2 HP to your bike  :bs:

You can browse my photos and see pix of on my bikes. All of them have one.

Snake2715

adidasguy,

I may be interested.. What is the charge on your stainless chain guard?
98 Aztec Orange, F1R Cobra Exhaust, Jetted , Rear Hugger, Stainless Chain Guard, Sonics / Kat600, Fork Brace,
Superbike Bars, Pro Grip, Bar End Mirrors, LED conversion...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk