News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Clymer manual Here

Main Menu

Madjak's Bike Rebuild...

Started by madjak30, April 11, 2012, 08:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAFE-T

You need to distinguish between 'going sport-touring' vs 'owning a sport-touring bike'.

I can sport-tour on a GSXR or a ZRX, but neither are sport-touring bikes.

madjak30

Wow...almost a year since I posted in here...Oops!

Anyway...I've decided it's time for the BEAST to move on to someone else now, so I will be selling the MT-01 this spring.  A lot of my buddies are buying KLRs and starting to go Adventure touring...so I'm back to wanting a V Strom.  DL1000 is my next bike (although I do tend to change my mind a lot, so...)

I just have to decide if I want to just go buy a new bike, or get a used deal...never had a new bike before, so I might go that way...not that much of a savings to buy used, considering the discounts on NOS bikes in the show room.  And that way you will know the history of the bike...oil changes, chain maintenance, drops, crashes, repairs, etc...

Anyone want a big naked bike with a smallish fuel tank? It's pretty...

Later.
** If you're not having fun, you're doing it WRONG**

Riding since May 2010

Check out my blog @ http://madjaksmotormouth.blogspot.com

m_melen

How much? If I don't buy yours then that's at least gonna be my next project

madjak30

I'll be puting it on Kijiji for $5500, but open to offers...

Riding since May 2010

wayne242

beautiful bike, good luck with the sale.
2006 GS 500 F

m_melen

Damn, wish I could afford that for a Canadian titled vehicle.

yamahonkawazuki

wonder what would be involved for it to be imported?
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

m_melen

It's not pretty, I've moved from US to Canada and back the other way...

SAFE-T

The DL1000 was never that popular off-road. I would rather have the DL650 ~ less power but less weight and double the gas mileage. About midway between your MT-01 and your GS500 in terms of power.

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: m_melen on March 18, 2013, 07:01:32 PM
It's not pretty, I've moved from US to Canada and back the other way...
have/had plans to at least work in canada. ( family tradition of working in foreign country lol) id leave the vehicles behind. except for a goped or something.
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

m_melen

Make sure you look into cost of license, registration, and insurance. Unfortunately in Quebec, they make it very expensive to own a bike to discourage our "dangerous habit"

Zethioth

Quote from: iclrag on August 10, 2012, 12:27:20 PM
This could be a little bit questionable because of the windshield, but i think the seats are too touring-like to just be a sports bike

That looks like the best cross-over hybrid bike I've ever seen.
2005 GS500F
Thread located Here.

codajastal

I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

madjak30

Quote from: SAFE-T on March 22, 2013, 06:55:35 AM
The DL1000 was never that popular off-road. I would rather have the DL650 ~ less power but less weight and double the gas mileage. About midway between your MT-01 and your GS500 in terms of power.
I know...I'm considering the DL650...also wondering if I really want to sell the MT-01...it puts a big grin on my face everytime I start it up!  But it really isn't a sensible bike for what I want to ride...I've tested the DL650 and found it a little lacking in the power dept, but that was right after getting off my bike...so if I don't get off a 110ft-lb torque bike and get on the WeeStrom, it is probably more than sufficient!

More thinking required...wish I could just keep them all, I still miss my GS500!

Later.

Riding since May 2010

madjak30

@codajastal & Zethioth...I think you are the only people in the world who like that thing...well, okay, I'm being harsh...if they had marketed it as a scooter it probably would have been more popular, but they didn't...

Later.

Riding since May 2010

codajastal

Quote from: madjak30 on March 29, 2013, 01:53:06 PM
@codajastal & Zethioth...I think you are the only people in the world who like that thing...well, okay, I'm being harsh...if they had marketed it as a scooter it probably would have been more popular, but they didn't...

Later.
Haha lol you could be right about the scooter thing? It does resemble a scooter :thumb:
I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk