News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

Hey, Hi, Hello

Started by SlurpeeStreetfighter, September 26, 2017, 08:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlurpeeStreetfighter

Hello All,

After reading through several of these chains and learning alot about my GS500 through passive observation of the site, I finally got on here with a profile.

I dont know any of you personally but I want to thank everyone on here for creating an awesome platform to share ideas and advice. Mr. Bike and I have directly benefited from the modification and FAQ pages.

Mr. Bike is a
2005 GS500F.
Fairings removed for the naked look.
Rear cowl and undertail removed as well.
K&N drop-in filter*
R6 muffler attached with my very novice clamping skills.
bar-ends and shorty levers
And approximately 2,000 zip-ties used in his Research & development

*as far as the filter am I better off going to the Lunchbox set-up with bigger jets? If so, what kind of wrench time am I looking at?

Thanks again and I will look forward to getting to know more of you

cbrfxr67

sweet!  Welcome in!  where pics??  :dunno_black:
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

ShowBizWolf

Hiya!! Welcome to the forum :cheers: Yes, we need pics!!

Your question about the lunchbox and jets will probably get more replies if you ask it in the General Discussion area. IIRC the lunchbox isn't really recommended mod but I can't be sure. I've read about lots of people doing it but I don't think it really does much.
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk