News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

PSA : Used GS500F Parts Value

Started by Aircooledrules, November 11, 2017, 11:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircooledrules

I will update this thread as I continue to part out my 2004 GS500F and Post the sale prices of my items.

I have parted out countless cars and motorcycles and have a good idea of values.
This Thread can be a good tool if you are looking to buy or sell GS500F parts and may not know pricing.

I have only had this one GS500F and I've found the parts relatively easy to sell, I think this is due to these bikes having a large production span and following.

So, here we go. Below are the prices I sold each item for.

- Tank $200
- Seat $40
- Tail Fairings - $60
- Front Wheel - $100
- Fork Assy - $200
- Front Fender - $20
- Left Mirror - $20
- Left Main Fairing - $100
- Gauge Cluster - $80
- Lockset W/Key - $80
- HandleBars - $30
- OEM Exhaust Header - $40
- Engine ( Minus Carbs ) - $420
- Carbs - $160
- Petcock - $30
- Headlight - $70 ( Aftermarket )
- Right Main Fairing ( scratched ) - $75

For a grand total of $1725 so far.  I still have a lot of parts for this bike. I've also found the best place to sell parts being Craigslist and eBay. I would say the split of my sales have been half local and half eBay. Not a single sale or any interest from forum members.

Bluesmudge

I'm curious, was the GS running before you started parting it out? Just cosmetic problems?
Good to hear you can actually make some money parting a GS. I never thought you could get enough to be worth the trouble but looks like I was wrong.

Aircooledrules

That's partly why I posted this, some people don't know the value of their possessions and often times give stuff away for next to nothing.

I purchased the bike from an insurance auction with the intention of breaking it down for parts. The bike had some damage, so there are some parts that were damaged and discarded.

I also have Tons of parts left including the complete motor top to bottom

Aircooledrules

Just updated the list with Handlebars sold. I've sold all these parts so far and it's taken me so far 2 months.

Chances are I would have sold more parts by now but I still have to finish stripping the bike and list the remaining items such as brakes, rear wheel, rear swing arm and frame.

In total I should be able to pull $2000 from this motorcycle and that factors in having damaged parts that were discarded.

Aircooledrules

Just updated the list with Engine sold and OEM header.

Up to $1390 out of the bike so far and still lots of parts left.

I'm confident, there's $2000 in there!!!

Still have the Frame, Swing Arm, All the brake part, rear wheel, one main fairing, F headlight and a bunch of other stuff

Joolstacho

On the other hand there are plenty of people out there who don't consider it to be an opportunity for profiteering.
Gives one faith in human nature to see how many people are willing to help other people out without being mercenary.
Fair but modest prices seems right to me, perhaps 1/2 to 2/3 of your prices. (I realise it's all subjective though).
My personal opinion is that forums like this are best inhabited by 'hobbyists' not commercial operators.
Just MHO.
Beam me up Scottie....

Aircooledrules

My prices are very fair, I believe in selling my parts and not having them sit forever.  I sold my motor for $420 relatively quickly.  I had it listed on eBay for $499 or best offer. I turned down several lowballers and accepted the $420 which was a fair offer.

Keep in mind, my motor was the lowest priced one on eBay and others have sold for $600 +.

If you want to list your motor on Craigslist for $30 and be a good guy, be my guest but be prepared to pay $500 should you need one one day.

PS I havnt sold a single part on this forum, this is an informative thread. It shows real world prices paid for parts, these are not asking prices. The prices are sold quickly prices.

Aircooledrules

Carbs gone.  List updated. $1550 out of the bike so far with lots of parts left. Sales have been a little slower but I've still yet to finish stripping the rest of the bike and listing the rest of the parts. I will make a goal to do this next week.

Toogoofy317

I think part of the issue is you seem to be fairly new. I've not been on in a while.  I've bought tons of things on here in fact one user actually gave me a top end when I had a crisis. I've bought jets from buddha, 2 jackets leather and cortech, riding pants, boots, petcock, windshield, and the list goes on. I've also sold a few things.

Buying and selling happens here it's just sometimes a trust issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2004 F, Fenderectomy, barends, gsxr-pegs, pro grip gel covers, 15th JT sprocket, stock decals gone,custom chain guard,GSXR integrated mirrors, flush mount signals, 150 rear tire,white rims, rebuilt top end, V&H Exhaust, Custom heel and chain guard (Adidasguy)

Aircooledrules

Petcock you say, I just sold mine.  List updated

Almostconnor

@aircooledrules do you have the left side main fairing?

EDIT: NVM, just reread where it says you sold it, and for a cheap price too.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Aircooledrules

Up to $1725. I really need to strip the rest of this bike as I'm sure I would have reached my $2000 goal by now, had I the rest of the parts individually listed.

78530i

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk